“Perfect holiday to relax and laze by the pool.”

Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Taba
watford
“Perfect holiday to relax and laze by the pool.”
Reviewed 19 August 2009

If you are thinking of going to egypt but dont want to be in the center of cairo or jordan etc then its perfect its a nice relaxing place to stay with wonderful staff to try to meet your every need. The facilities are fine there is a shopping mall, water sports, snorkeling etc which made the trip all that bit better. But if you do want to go on an excursion be prepared to pay that quite a bit. Its around 140 american dollors per person for a trip to cairo and would not recommend it in the summer as it would be very hot. My partner and i stayed in the resort for one whole week and found no problems. All inclusve is the best way to go as there is a buffet and two restaurants with set menus free and one you have to pay for -casa taba. This restaurant was wonderful and as i was out there for my birthday was given extra special treatment. The meal was around 60 english pounds for a three course meal with cocktails water soft drinks wine and beer which i think is a very good price. The hotel also offers the little extras like a shisha bar and free camel rides. I think it is a good hotel for familes or partners and even going solo. Had a wonderful time. Venture out with the food though do not stick the bufftet as you forget you get free food elsewhere. There are always small things that you do not like about hotels but they were very few and far between. Like for example a salt water pool but that was not my personal opinion and might not bother other people. Would recommend it to other peopel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurenpelliott
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 20 August 2009
Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on the Hilton Taba and Nelson Village Resort. Your comments are appreciated.

Great to see that you used all the restaurants on the complex during your visit.

The Hotel's location is essential for trips to Cairo, Petra and Israel. But you are right to advice future guests to check the weather etc before traveling.

Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
essex
Reviewed 18 August 2009

well what can i say this resort was the best one i have been to in a long time everyone is very friendly and helpful. i went with the all inclusive and its the best because you can go and get a drink from the bar any time of the day and at dinner if the weighters see your glass almost empty they run and get you a hole new drink.
the food over there is very nice in the hotel and in the other two restrants in nelson village.
the entertainment is great the anomation team is so nice and make you feel soo at home they are the nicest people you will ever meet. me and my friend made best friends with them all and we had such fun with them all.
the night life is good there the shows are very good with strong tallent and after the show there is a disco till 4am that is soo fun. till about 12ish no one is in there but the reps get people to go in and its a real party i went to it every night.
the shops are great there are so many and there is so much you can get. its pretty cheap aswell and you can get the owners to put the prices down if you try hard enough.
the beach and sea is amaze its so clear you can see all the fish and coral around you and it is just amaze.
during the day they always have games and stuff for you to do like water yoga and volly ball and water volly ball with the reps and thats lots of fun.
and if you dont like all that stuff and just wanna relax the hole day then you can just sit back on the beach and the bar is right next to you. it was deff one of the best holiday i have ever been on and i will diff go back,

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lolfatlump
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
many thanks for your TA reviw and nice comments, they are appreciated.

It was good to see that you enjoyed your holiday. The 40 shops can be fun and you are right - always negotiate the price with the shop owners.

Mojo appreciated your comments about the entertainment and animation

sussex
Reviewed 16 August 2009

wonderful hotel; everyone very helpful and friendly. the snorkelling was amazing as you can snorkel straight off the beach without having to go in a boat. it is worth taking your own snorkel and mask- although you can buy them there; youwill alos need some beach shoes for swimming in the sea.
the hotel is next to the Israel border and therefore it is quite easy to walk ovr the border and then get a taxi into Elat ( 10 minutes) or the doplhin reef where you can swim/dive with the dophins. we did trip to Cairo which left at 4am and got back at midnight but it was worth it to see the pyramids and the museum.
the air conditioning in the hotel was very effective and a very pleasant relief form the 40oC outside temperature. there was a good breeze from the sea which meant that the temperature was bearable. the sea was 24oC and the swimming pools, 22oC - one pool as saltwater and the water was changed every other day and the other one was chlorinated.
there is a diving centre next door which do courses - and an introductory 2 hour session which gives a good taster.
ther were usually enough loungers and there were plenty of parasols too.
many of the british people got stomach upsets which we were warned about by the tour rep and the manager of the hotel at the introductory talk - we were advised to drink loads, but not only water- fizzy drinks too - and to have a bit of salt with meals - in order to replace electrolytes.
there is a doctor on site 24 hours and he was very good - and not too expensive.
there were a lot of families at the hotel and the hotel was very child friendly- there was a club and a playground.
there was entertainement alll day - pool volley ball, water aerobice etc. and evening entertianment at 10.15 pm - there was a lso a child's disco every evening.
there is nothing in taba other than 3 hotels so there is no night life other than provided by the hotel. there is a 'bazaar' containing about 15 small shops next to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank harriet172
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 17 August 2009
Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review and kind comments.

We are very lucky to have such good coral/reefs located on our beach. Which means even the non-swimmer can experience the fantastic sea life. Beach shoes are a must, we must leave the stones by the waters edge to help protect the coral. So there is a 6 foot dash from the sand, over the stones and back onto sand again.

We continually try to warn guests about heat exhaution and deyhdration. We only want guests to enjoy the holiday and not to suffer from any of these symptons.

If guests are unfortunate to suffer from any of the above we have a doctor in the hotel 24 hours a day and even a pharmacy in the shopping mall (40 shops)

London
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I was recovering from surgery when we decided to book this through Peltours who were really very good. Our upgrade was all in place and our room was lovely and well kept. We spent the final week competing with the room cleaner on making the funniest towel figures. We did have a slight problem with some Russion guests but the hotel took action promptly and Martin Rogers the General manager kept us updated personally as these people were removed. The serving staff are so eager to please it can be a little embarrassing but special mention for Azzam and Walid who made us their project and kept us supplied with drinks whether it was by the pool or beach or waiter service in the Rainbow lounge.
Entertainment team were superb and ably led by Mojo. I took the yoga class most days with Xenya who is lovely and intelligent company. The team seemed a little stretched to accommodate all the guests but they did it with a smile and seemed to have infinite patience. The evening shows were good and varied but suffered from the lack of a real stage and lighting.
The hotel lobby and communal areas are really quite swish and I would say the only drawback was the location which was really in the middle of nowhere. This meant that it was not possible to stroll about and window shop as apart from the hotels and worker accommodation there is nothing else here. Having said that this suited us as I was still recuperating.
Food was lovely and we had two meals at the Italian a la carte as part of our upgrade and throughly enjoyed that, although the varied buffet means that no-one should go hungry here.
I have already recommended this hotel to several friends and at least one is planning a trip later this year.
I felt so safe that I would happily come here on my own and would love to come again. I used the spa and enjoyed a package of 4 massages that lasted 90 minutes each and felt marvellous after them. My masseur was Izra who is tiny yet she put me through my paces and my ankles saw my shoulders for the first time in a long while all for $120! Better value than the Dom rep last year and I though that was unbeatable even allowing for the exchange rate changes.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bezza75
Many thanks for your kind Trip Advisor Report.

It was good to read that you enjoyed your holiday at the Hilton Taba and I will pass your comments onto all the Team Members.

I am still trying to work out how the housekeeping staff make the hanging monkey from the towels ?

We have now added spot lighting for the evening entertainment and are looking at painting the rear wall with a 'Arabic' theme. Unfortunately the ceiling height dictates we can not add a stage.

Romford
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I booked on Thursday and travelled on Saturday for myself and my 18 year old daughter.
From the moment we arrived at this hotel (after a 4 1/2 delay from Gatwick), the standard was set by a friendly bell-boy, who, told that my daughter would manage the luggage since I had no money for a tip, said "I don't do it for money, I do it because I want to help"
All the staff were friendly and helpful without hovering around you all the time. Just whenever you needed somebody, there they would be.
My daughter fell ill with the dreaded Egyptian tummy on Wednesday. Most definitely NOT the food- everyone had to sanitise their hands on entering any of the resturants and hot food was kept at the right temperature on hotplates. I believe it was heatstroke, caused by her spending hours snorkelling & forgetting to keep up her fluid intake. The help and advice received was way beyond anything I have ever experienced at other hotels- from Mohammed at reception, to Mohamed at the pool, to the cleaners of our room. Anything we needed was provided.
Although all the staff were incredible, special thanks must go to Ahmed Radwan and Ahmed (in the blue shirt, sorry I didn't find out your surname) in the Palm restaurant. These two went way beyond the call of duty, arranging special drinks for Sophie and (blue shirt) Ahmed even arranged plain boiled chicken and potatoes for her to eat. They both were friendly and chatty and even helped us learn some Arabic!
I don't know if this hospitality and friendliness is typical of all Egyptians or just those at the Hilton Taba, but I would definitely return and I have never said that about previous holidays. I may have wanted to return to the country, but never to the same hotel!
Truly amazing and we both wish we were still there!

Stayed July 2009
2 Thank RomfordSunlover
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review and kind comments. I will ensure that these are passed onto the individuals that you have mentioned.

We do not encourage 'tipping' at the hotel and always hope that the staff respect this request. It was nice to read your comment about the Bell Boys reply to carrying your case. It is just a shame that we can not encourage the same policy at the airport.

I have been at the Hilton in Taba since November last year and must admit that one of the main assets to the Hotel are the staff.

regards Martin
London
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I use this site all the time when choosing a holiday but don't normally write reviews, however I felt compelled to do so as I really felt many of the reviews on this hotel were misleading.

I am shocked to read reviews saying this hotel is 'fantastic' and have given a 5 out of 5 rating! I will just list out the things that disappointed us with this hotel:

- I agree with other reviews that say you had to get up early in order to get a sunbed with shade, we generally got down to the beach at 7.30am every day and many of the beds were already taken
- Drinks that are served at the pool bar are in small plastic cups, they are re-used so often had cracks in them so the drink would leak out!
- On many occasions the drinks we got from the pool bar were not cold, on one occasion we were given water which was almost hot and the coke was usually warm
- The food generally was fairly poor, there is a grill outside but only one thing is cooked on it every night, one night it was sausages and the chef gave one each to my partner and I and they were cold through the middle
- Most evenings we had to queue in the restaurant to get to the food counter
- I am not vegetarian but would agree with other reviews that the choice for them is poor, the pasta with tomato sauce was completely bland
- The dining room was very big but there were not enough facilities to cater for all the guests, one water machine and one toaster for over 100 people was a joke!
- There is a fridge in the room but as someone else mentioned, it is so old it barely keeps the water cold
- The main pool is sea water, we prefer fresh water but of course everyone has a different preference

We are not the types to complain and overall we enjoyed the holiday but just felt the need to put some perspective on this hotel because othere reviews are so deceptive.

I would not return to this hotel to have warm drinks and poor food everyday. If you do go to this hotel then we would definitely recommend going to the Mahaba restaurant as the food there was excellent.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunshinebunny
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 16 August 2009
Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review, your comments are appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your holiday.

I would like to confirm that we use disposable plastic cups at the swimming pool for Health and Safety reasons (breakages would mean the pool would have to be closed each time). I am not aware of these plastic glasses ever being re-used. However, I have passed your comments onto the Bar's Manager to investigate this.

We rarely have comments about food quality and choice in the hotel. This does not mean that you were not satisfied with the quality, but we should not be complacent and the Head Chef will carry out a review on all areas. We normally monitor the comments at the Cocktails Party. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience in the Maharba restaurant .

aalst
Reviewed 9 August 2009

we were 7 nights in the Hilton Taba. First time that we took our kids with on vacation to another country.
We all enjoy us from the first hour till we left the hotel.
Very warm recommandations for everyone who likes a real relaxing holiday.
To all staff members : a very warm thank you for all you've done and especially your hospitality and friendship
We'll come back next year
Wilfried , Lut , Ulrike-Lana & Lennert Roelandt

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lennertulrike
MartinRogers, General Manager at Taba Hotel and Nelson Village, responded to this review, 11 August 2009
Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and your kind comments.

I have passed your thanks on to the Team members and we hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future

regards, Martin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Sol Taba Red Sea
#9 of 62 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights
Strand Beach and Golf  Resort Taba Heights

Been to Taba Hotel and Nelson Village? Share your experiences!