“Excellent food and service!!”
Review of Flying Carpet

Flying Carpet
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Taba
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We can say no more than the steak and the rest of the food was brilliant! The staff were fantastic. Reasonable price, too! Give it a try when you are in Taba Heights!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Well worth a visit, went twice. The steak was to die for as were both meals we had there.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Good Service, excellent food and well looked after

1  Thank hicksychick
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Regular readers will know that after so many visits I regard The Hyatt Regency in Taba Heights as my second and very happy home. I have had the good fortune to spend 3 three week holidays there this year and it just gets better. I try to see as much of the area while there and I suppose two contrasting yet favorite places are Diana Beach, south along the coast towards Nuweiba and Uptown - The Flying Carpet. You will find it at the centre of things in the village, a collection of shops, several eating places, a pharmacy, bank and supermarket and the setting for The Village Festival held on Friday evenings, great music, dancers and dancing and a great atmosphere. Back to the Flying Carpet, a place for all times of the year,having a cosy Bar, a well furnished Dining Room, an outside Lounge Bar and an open Dining Terrace overlooking the Village Square and , on Fridays, The festival. The Menu is wide ranging being both international and Egyptian, of meats, fish and salads. The food is freshly cooked and well presented by staff and a Manager who are friendly, efficient and good humoured. I admit to my favorite meal being Tomato Soup, Fillet Steak and occasionally Queen of Taba Pancakes - great. I go to the Flying Carpet every Friday for the Festival either alone or with friends, I think our biggest number was 20, but always well looked after. I also pop up on the Shuttle for drinks at least once a week. You will always be made very welcome.
Top Tip: I have large Local Gins & Tonic (schweppes) with plenty of ice and lemon - some of the best value in Taba heights and a great drink in the comfort of the Outside Lounge Bar

Reviewed 25 October 2011

The restaurant was suggested to us by the First Choice Rep Stella at the Sofitel. She was right ...the food is great...the price is great....the view of the Wekala festival from the restaurant is great ....the only let down is the poor service.We went on a Friday evening 7.45pm and it wasn't busy yet and we had to wait 30-45 minutes to be served and then the same wait time between courses..... but I have to say the food was great when it did arrive! I guess it all added to the flavour of Egypt! So be prepared for the wait !