“What an amazing hotel !”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Taba
“What an amazing hotel !”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Well where to start, this hotel is definitely one to visit. The location is lovely and has a lovely beach. The cleanliness is superb as the cleaners do a great job, there even great to have a laugh with as every other staff member at Sofitel. The hotel itself is beautiful with lots of great features. The food was lovely and differd every night to suit everybody's needs. We stayed on the 10th July 2012 until the 17th for 1 week but wish it was for longer, me and my girlfriend will deffo steely be going back. We had a brilliant holiday rep called Rachael that you couldn't ask more for, she was always there when you needed her and was a great help. Basically this is great value for money. Thanks a lot for having us and we will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Rhys-hammy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was our third visit to this hotel and resort and once again thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All the staff were helpful and friendly (including manangement)and were always looking for ways to improve your holiday experience. A lot of the staff remembered us from our previous visits (even though it was 2.5 years since our last visit).We had a minor plumbing problem with the shower on the first day and after a call to reception maintenance arrived within 5 minutes to sort it, followed by housekeeping to ensure the room was dry and clean.
A nice touch that they have introduced is a welcome cocktail and leaving party at which you will find key management including Mr Eduard the manager, who like everyone else is friendly and approachable.
The food is good and plentiful. There have been several changes over the years since our last visit and we noticed the introduction of a pasta section and specialised salad bar, a kids corner serving burgers e.t.c.i was never stuck for something to eat and I'm a very fussy eater.
One point that isn't in the brochure as yet because it's only been recently introduced is that wine is now available as part of the all inclusive in the bar next to reception. Before it was only available in the restaurant and as wine is my preferred drink I was glad to see this change.
The resort is quiet but the entertainment staff do put on a show every night, which is quite good for low key entertainment and they also arrange various activities during the day. One of the good things about this hotel is the beach as if you don't want to listen to the pool noise and games you can take refuge on the beach and easily escape it. The sea is rocky and the tide does go out quite a way but this gives you the chance to see the beautiful fish in the water, especially if you're not a snorkeller like me.
Finally all the staff helped make our holiday special and I'd love to thank them all here personally but as that would take up too much time I'll let you find out if you decide to stay there. I do they have to say a special thank you to Mr Selim who once again went out of his way for us.

Room Tip: all rooms are of a high standard
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank susan50335
Southbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Have just returned from a weeks stay at the Sofitel hotel in Taba Heights and all i can say as in my title is WOW WOW WOW!! having previously stayed in Sharm el Sheik 2 years ago we had a slight perception on what we thought Egypt was all about but Taba is honestly in a league of its own.

On arrival we were greeted with a warm, friendly and quick check in where we were handed drinks and our bags taken to our rooms while we were able to go and have dinner in the Aladdin restaurant. The Staff are incredible and cannot do enough for you, the food is fabulous with so much variety and choice and if on any occasion you found there wasn't anything to your liking the chef would cook you whatever you wanted. The rooms are beautiful, so big with sofas, a huge bed, walk in shower and air conditioned, the cleaners leave fresh cold, bottled water in the fridges and also fruit is supplied too.

The hotel and its surrounding are beautifully clean and whether you choose to sit around the pools or beach there is always plenty of sun beds so no need to be getting up at silly o'clock to put towels out. the corals are beautiful and so much sea life to see, the trips are fantastic too with so much choice of different excursions, me and my boyfriend did the VIP cruise and Para sailing while we were there which were both fantastic and so reasonably priced. We also had dinner in one of the restaurants called the Asiatique, this you had to pay separately for but even still it was reasonably price and the meal from start to finish is world class, that of a top London restaurant, I was able to cook with the head chef which was a fantastic experience and i would highly recommend visiting this restaurant.

The check out of the rooms is at 12pm but to extend your stay in the room it cost around £30, however there is no need as there is 2 wash rooms one for women and the other for en where a huge table is laid out with plenty of fresh towels, shower gels, shampoos and conditioners and there are separate cubicles where u can shower and get dressed, all have a hair-dryer and mirror as well which I thought was a fantastic touch.

I really cant say enough about this hotel, we will definitely be returning and I will be recommending to everyone i know. Thank you for such wonderful memories Sofitel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank poppyj777
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

when we arrived at taba airport i was suprised to see how small it was there was only one person doing the passports and took about 45mins. After that we where shown to our coach and the driver said that you load and unload your own cases which we have never done before. The checking at the sofitel was great and fast and we had a great welcome. The room was lovely and clean and what massive beds we had,while we where there it was fathers day and my birthday so i had two cakes and the bed was made up special. A good choice of pools and plenty of sun beds to choose from no matter what time of day, the food was plentyful and hot with a good choice. The staff at this hotel was fantastic amgad & mohamed the two head barmen & heba on the public relations plus the morrocian out of this world. We had fruit left in the room everyother day and on the last night to celabrate the birth of our granddaughter we had a bottle of wine sent up to our room. On the whole we enjoyed the holiday but it was abit to quite for us.

Room Tip: 2457 great view of the sea.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank steve h m
Northants
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed for one week at the Sofitel from June 26th. Having previously been to Sharm and being poorly and not enjoying it at all I was a little worried! But no need.....The Sofitel is another class! The staff are fantastic, the food is lovely and the weather amazing! Taba is a quiet place but that is want we wanted... Not interested in Pizza Huts, KFC's or Macdonalds while on our hols!
Our only gripe was that they wanted to charge us an expensive amount for a late checkout room as our pickup wasn't until 6.30 this is so needed in those temperatures. Our last holidays to Mauritius, Costa Rica and even Spain we never had to pay this and I would have expected more from a Sofitel.
Still..... we have already to decided to return as a gorgeous hotel with guarenteed sun and fantastic staff is a Banker for us and probably always will be!
Oh.. and the Spa...AMAZING! The best of any hotel we have stayed in abroad!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank julieju32
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Second visit in a year for my partner and I and what a welcome! Almost all the staff remembered us and welcomed us back like a prodigal son! I am quite widely travelled and the quality of the management and staff at this hotel are second to none in my opinion.

Our previous visit was in December and the temperature had been in the low to mid 20s degree C with some of the unheated swimming pools too cool to use. This time they were a welcome refuge as the temperature reached 45 degrees C some days!

I also have to say how much I enjoyed the snorkelling off the hotel's coral reef. I saw so many different varieties of fish that I am still trying to identify some of them from my underwater pictures with the help of a Red Sea fish guide that I purchased from the shop at the Marriott (the shop in the Sofitel only had guides in Russian and the shopkeeper said he had no current plans to get any fish guides in English! - note to hotel please obtain fish guides and sell them at reception)

Food was good and varied, always something to really enjoy eating and local drinks and cocktails are fine. The rooms are great and cleaned to a high standard and any problems are quickly dealt with or alternatives offered without prompting! Sunbeds are plentiful and whether your preference is for a poolside or beachside location you will find a place to park yourselves without having to put your towels down at the crack of dawn!

We both enjoyed a lovely evening's meal at the hotel's Asiatique Restaurant where we had ribeye steak, chicken and lobster cooked wonderfully at the chef's table (the menu here is extra to all inclusive but your starter and side dish are included free and although all drinks are also at cost in this restaurant it is well worth a visit).

The Spa too is worth trying. My partner had a Thai massage which she found very useful and I enjoyed the steam bath, sauna and relaxing jacuzzi.

I am already looking forward to my next visit and on a closing note sometimes, although rarely in my opinion, you stay somewhere where a member of staff really goes that extra mile to make your stay exceptional. Whilst there are actually many members of staff at this hotel who could be nominated for doing this, my thanks and appreciation for going that extra mile are to Selim, one of the management team (the management's visible presence I am sure is one of the reasons behind the success of this hotel).

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank iDuncs
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Love it so much, we've actually been three times and we've booked to go back in November! :) the hotel is really clean, the staff are very friendly. Food wise they cater for everyone. There is Always something to do regardless of age. Aqua Gym with Heba was so much fun!! The entertainment has improved so much since last year. LOVE THE ANIMATION TEAM!!!!! especially Heba Volt and Mahy Mossad and how could we forget the hotel dj Ahmed Mohamed. Actually cannot wait to go back!!!! :) :)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Kou85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Melony Hotel
Melony Hotel
#42 of 62 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel

Been to Sofitel Taba Heights? Share your experiences!