“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Taba
barnsley
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Visited this hotel in June 2013, and I can only speak highly of this hotel. I have stayed in may hotels in Egypt including the Sensortori in Sharm and this hotel is one of the best. However the entertainment has no comparison.

The room was very well decorated with outstanding views looking out to the sea towards Jordon and Saudi Arabia. Plus this was cleaned to high standard with fresh bedding and towels daily.

The reception bar named Sultan was relaxed and offered a wide range of drinks and cocktails, the air staff named Mohammed and Salem provided excellent customer service.

The food in the buffet restaurant offered a high selection of choice and was always well maintained and piping hot whatever time you attended. Plus this was tasty and offered new alternatives which wouldn't normally be eaten.

The pool area was always well maintained and relaxed but the quiet pool offers an adults only sophisticated atmosphere.

The one person that did offer outstanding excellent customer service was Heba Ezzat from the customer relations team. Nothing was too much trouble prior to our arrival and this was extended throughout our stay. May I take this opportunity to thank her and recommend her to all customers.

The Spa area offers fantastic treatments which was extremely relaxing and value for money and females can be requested to perform the treatments.

There is also a free bus available to attend neighbouring hotels and the shopping outlet located at the Three Corners was a pure delight to attend, I actually entered shops with no hassle and was able to leave of my own accord! What a refreshing change. We ate at The Flying Carpet, Thai Restaurant and Pub Tandori! All offered excellent good value food. However enquire at the hotel reception as they provide vouchers for free starts and desserts at a number of restaurants.

Finally the snorkelling at the hotel was fantastic, but I would recommend that personal snorkelling equipment is taken.

Overall a fantastic hotel.

1 Thank kittyBarnsley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted somewhere hot to relax and unwind. When we were booking our holiday we loved the look of the Sofitel straight away and it exceeded our expectations further on arrival - what an amazing place! The décor is beautiful and the staff are so friendly. Our rep Sayeed always had a smile on his face and gave us all the information we wanted to know at the welcome meeting which set our holiday off to a brilliant start. And our room was always so clean - the cleaners were lovely always saying hello and asking how our holiday was going. I can't say it enough, the Sofitel in Taba Heights is an experience and I really would recommend it. The food is really nice and as a vegetarian I didn't find it a problem - there was always something and I especially liked Chinese night. Also well worth going to the spa for a massage. We also did parasailing and a camel ride along the beach. Can't fault the hotel at all. We did end up with a dodgy tummy though half way through the holiday so be careful (it's not to do with the food but a can be quite common because of the extreme heat and need for lots of cold drinks!) just go straight to the pharmacy in uptown if this happens!! It didn't spoil our fun and makes us giggle now! All in all, the place is literally WOW!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool side - we got 3106 it had a huge kingsize bed (makes our double feel tiny...
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

The staff at the Sofitel were amazing, so helpful and polite and could not do enough to make our holiday go well.

Rooms a little tired even though we were in block 3 which I think is relatively new, could do with a little more detail to cleaning in the corners !! view was amazing, over the gardens and beach with Saudi & Jordan in the distance.

Two problems though, 1st, nearly everyone I spoke to on our week had upset tummies, I came back on the 19th June and am now under my Doctor as my stomach is still exceptionally poorly, this is the first time I have ever been on holiday and lost weight (1/2 stone). The 2nd problem was that on our 2nd day (Thursday) the whole hotel was taken over by Jordanians, they barged in, they were rude and no one wanted to use the pools as the men continually leapt around throwing balls and chasing each other. Queuing is obviously NOT in their vocabuluary. And one other but small point, all the bars shut at 11.00pm, no alcohol only soft drinks but the entertainment and 'disco' bar doesn't stop until 1.00am.....Its a shame but I don't think I would ever go back

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

This was our third time back, and yet another fantastic holiday. We do call this our second home as it is just a fantastic hotel. The staff are just fantastic, they remember you from any previous visit, they will do just about (no, they will do) anything for you to make your holiday enjoyable and memorable.

We were shocked to say the least that Thomsons / First Choice are looking to pull out of Taba after April 2014, but no definite decision has been made as of yet - I do believe that it will be in the next month.

We cannot fault this hotel at all, you would think that at some point they would drop their guard - but they don't, service, atmosphere, staff and location A++++++++++++++++.

Thank you to all staff especially: Heba x2, Mahmoud, Shebl for making our stay so enjoyable.

We are looking to book again in October and also in April.

Stayed June 2013
Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just returned from a week at the Sofitel, Taba Heights with my husband. We found the hotel to be very well run, with spacious and clean bedrooms. We enjoyed the adults-only , quiet swimming pool and the comfortable sun beds arranged around it. It was pretty hot while we were there so the pool was essential. We also enjoyed a three day diving package at Waterworld. The reefs we dived on are not the best we've seen but they were interesting to visit. And despite the heat we also managed 9 holes of golf late one afternoon on the golf course which runs through the centre of the resort. If you plan to use it, be aware that Egyptian families seem to consider the course as a nice place to have a picnic. We found a family sitting by the side of the 3rd green, with their kids playing football on the green. They ignored our whistles and shouts from the tee so we simply drove our balls at the hole and left it to them to get out of the way. Not something you'd normally come across! The one thing we found less than stunning was the food at Sofitel. In the main it was pretty repetitive, although the evening barbecues were good. I also suffered from a very upset stomach while we were there. It could have been the heat but I was pretty wary about what I ate after that.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the adults-only, quiet swimming pool are nice and quiet, although the views from t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sofitel-Taba, General Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear guest ,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel services.
I will pass your comments to the concerned team members and we will be waiting to welcome you back in the near future.

Bert Plas
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was our forth visit to the Sofitel Taba and once again we had a fantastic holiday. The Hotel is clean, the rooms are perfect and all the staff are amazing!!!. Nothing is to much trouble for them, everyone is falling over themselves to ensure you enjoy your holiday. Both Heba's all the Restaurant and Bar Staff, Reception, House Keeping, the Animation Team and the Management team could not be more helpful or pleasant to deal with. The best Customer Service of any hotel I have ever stayed. We were joined in our second week with by some of our family including our 20 month old granddaughter and they were treated like royalty. The Asiatic Restaurant is out of this world, we had the best meal ever ! The atmosphere was calm and relaxed with the extremely entertaining chef cooking our meal before our eyes, excellent value for money. The Spa is beautiful and so relaxing and once again excellent value for money. About half of all the people we met on our holiday had stayed at this hotel before and the ones that hadn't said they would be returning. We will defiantly be returning again really cannot believe that Thompson are thinking about pulling out of this hotel next year. Huge, huge mistake.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good but if you have small children ask for a Garden room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My second visit to the Sofitel and this time I was with my 22 year old daughter and we just had the most amazing time. We wanted time together relaxing in the sun, reading good books and just chilling and that is exactly what we did. All the staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Pool and beach faclities are fantastic, beautifully clean and loads of comfortable beds at anytime of day. We both had amazing treatments in the Spa in fact the best massage I've even had, WOW. I've got to go back for a 3rd visit, just so I can have another treatment. Can't believe my ears that Thomson may not be offering this holiday again next year because if I want the perfect place to just Chill and guaranteed sun, I want to go to the Sofitel in Taba Heights and nowhere else, so please listen to your customers and keep this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in Block 3 over looking quiet pool are great but equally rooms over looking main pool and beac...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sue S
Dear Guest ,
On behalf of the team members ,I would like to tank you for this great review .
Thank you for choosing Sofitel Taba Heights once more , it is always a pleasure to welcome you back
It is a great pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable holiday at Sofitel Taba Heights.
We will be waiting to welcome you back to the hotel.

Bert Plas