“Best holiday ever at Sofitel”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My partner and l went to Sofitel Taba Heights for her 60th birthday, some friends also went, which she did not know about, which made the holiday extra special. The hotel was was lovely. We were given a room in Block 1, which overlooked the resort and had an amazing seaview. The room was very clean and tidy, with fresh bottles of water put in a small fridge daily, also tea-making facilities, which was lovely to make a cuppa first thing in am. The restaurant staff were lovely, especially Rasheed, the manager, who organised a lovely cake and baloons etc for my partner as a birthday surprise, and the staff sang happy birthday as she walked through the door.She was totally overwhelmed. Sayed our Thomson rep was exceptionally helpful and always smiling. The resort itself is very picturesque, amazing seaviews and beaches. Snorkelling off the jetty is excellent, very good for beginners. We went out on a sailing boat The Montfreid with waterworld, had my first scuba dive with them, They were very patient and so helpful. There were only 9 people and crew on the boat, we visited Farun Island and snorkelled off the boat, had some lunch then stopped later for some more snorkelling, then the crew suprised my partner with a birthday cake they had made on the boat, a most wonderful day out. I can recommend eating at The Flying Carpet in uptown Taba Heights as the food is excellent, plus you get a voucher from the Sofitel giving you either a free starter or dessert. Transfers very good , did not take too long and we were able to have dinner on arrival Tuesday night. Lovely resort, excellent holiday, especially with our friends, would definitely recommend The Sofitel, shame Thomsons will not be flying here next year as the resort is a real gem. will definitely find a way to come back here. So relaxing and beautiful.

Room Tip: we were in block 1, excellent views over resort and sea. very large room 1414. Friends stayed in Bl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Taba Heights. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,515)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It's difficult to write this review for 2 reasons.
1. There's nothing to add to all the previous reviews, it really is that good.
2. Because the flights to Taba are stopping I would imagine that unless you're already a fan of this hotel or the others in this area it's going it 's going to be unlikely that you'll be booking to go here anyway.

We've stayed at a couple of other hotels in Taba Heights previously and the Sofitel is just that little bit better.

I only hope that flights do resume to Taba in the very near future.

Room Tip: Rooms in Block 1 have amazing views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 October 2013

In three week's time I will be making my ninth visit to Sofitel Taba Heights. This time, of course, I have to fly to Sharm el Sheik and then take the transfer to Taba which, while not being ideal, will not stop me going to Sofitel. I am sure it will be worth the effort to see again the wonderful staff at this hotel.

I sincerely hope that all old customers and new ones will support this hotel as the effort made of the part of the staff is second to none.

DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS VENUE, IT IS WELL WORTH THE EFFORT AND HOPEFULLY SOON FLIGHTS TO TABA WILL RESUME.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bren P

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was lovely,the snorkelling was good it was my first try and I loved it,the Hyatt next door has a better jetty the water is deeper so more variety of fish to see.the hotel staff will do anything to make you happy.only problem we had was our room had an adjoining door to next room,you can hear most of what goes on next door,Heba the customer liaison rep. Was mortified when we had to complain,luckily the couple were going home the next day otherwise I think she would have moved us.if you get one of these rooms I would ask to move.there is a quiet pool which is out of way of main pool.entertainment was typically local,very good sometimes but they take a long time to organise the acts.Food,a lot of it lots of choice,unfortunately three of our party of four had stomach upsets,it's more do to with the change of diet not cleanliness.i would choose carefully for a few days,if there's nothing you like the chefs are happy to find you something you are happy with.the snack bar was a bit limited.our last four days coincided with the Muslim festival of ede,it would have been nice to be warned of this,the holiday was very peaceful up to this then it went mad,unfortunately the dining room turned into a bun fight sometimes if you go check with holiday company that this event is not happening when you want to go,especially in October.We went to Petra for a day wonderful place to see,but a long day ,you don't get long enough time there,we felt the time for this trip was not very good,we were left in aqubar for an hour on way back which we could have had at Petra.We also did the sailboat trip which was a brilliant day out,it was nice to get away from resort for a day.We also went to the FlyingCarpet restaurant in the uptown area one night best steak in town and nice to have a lovely fresh cooked meal.all in all I would go back here but only for a week all inclusive,it can get a bit too much with the food.this hotel has the best views across to to Jordan and Saudi Arabia beautiful sunsets and sunrises .

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Ina_005
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We went as a couple to celebrate with another couple a 60th birthday. We went with Thomson - flight good. Transfer efficient. Made very welcome by rep Sayeed and by staff at reception. Quick check in considering 2 coaches arrived together. They made sure we didn't miss our evening meal. Location is lovely, easy to get a sunbed. Rooms of high quality however our shower in block 3 was not all powerful. We even had a kettle in our room which is unusual as it is all inclusive. For the 1st few days the hotel was so quiet - heaven but from Sunday it filled up because of the annual feast. The staff tried thier best but the hotel went from 25% full to 100% full in a day. There were children running all over the place the toilets were not as clean as before. However could not fault the staff. The restuarant manager Rasheed was so good , arranged a cake and got to know names. Taba Heights is only a little community of about 5 5* hotels with a free bus (Taf Taf) connecting them to each other and the Watersports centre and the small amount of shops. The shops were empty - they were struggling with the lack of people.
We went on a trip with waterworld a sailing boat takes 50 and there were 9 of us - like having a private sailing boat. a wonderful snorkelling trip. We were not good swimmers so to ensure that we didn't miss out one of the crew towed us around the reef for 45 mins!
We had a fantastic time and it is such a shame Thomson's are pulling out.
Our rep Sayeed was always available for a chat, knew everything you needed to know and even arranged a farewell cocktail party the night before.
Thank you Sofitel for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room but still see mountains and the sea try block 3. Block 1 is nearest the bea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda F

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Into my 2nd wk now and cannot say enough great things about my stay. Totally safe. Lovely and quiet... loads of sunbeds, space and peace. Room in block 1 .. fab, huge and a great view. Staff.. everyone genuinely hopes u have a great holiday and cannot do enough for you. Special mention to Mostafa and Mustafa in room service and Aladdin restaurant.. you have both made my holiday very special thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Wendlebury67
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Put this off for far too long! Had a great week long trip to the Sofitel in late July.
All I can say is service, service, service. Sayed is a wonderful rep, helpful beyond his requirement for our entire stay, Fatah in the kitchen also for making up all sorts of dishes for my girlfriend (my girlfriend is gluten free). Hashim in the restaurant also couldn't do enough for us Thanks very much for all your help.
The hotel itself is slightly dated and as a 25 year old man I did find myself twitching my toes a bit. However, I knew the deal before I went and as I was travelling with three friends who love nothing else than lazing in the sun I was fine with sitting at the bar and relaxing. There is not much to go and do around the hotel so they were in heaven. If you are a couple or group that wants to be going out in the evenings etc then this is not for you. There was no entertainment at all and things were quiet by 10/11. This is where I would have liked a busy bar with some atmosphere and music, none of that which was a shame.
My friend and I did the day trip to Petra which was brilliant, expensive but well worth the money on what is a very long day.
We also did one of the snorkelling trips which wasn't expensive and was really good.
One tip: The on site a-la-cart restaurant called Asiatique is a hidden gem. No one seems to know about it and it's not advertised anywhere near as much as it should be. The food is cooked in front of you and is sensational, definitely go there at least one night.
Only one restaurant was open whilst we were there and the dishes are very samy. We are not fussy eaters but it is the same stuff every night, whatever 'swing' they put on it.
Anyway, for the amount of money we paid we were very happy with what we got. Everyone there is doing their best to make sure you have a great holiday and that is half the job done right there.
Oh, and the reading reviews on here I had been dreading the Thomson flights. A bit boring yes but they were absolutely fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends