“Thank you Sofitel I hope we meet again”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our Third visit and without doubt one of the best hotels we have stayed in throughout the world.
Well, first of all we felt totally safe as the group of Hotels in Taba, of which the Sofitel is one, are surrouned by a safety system, which they take very seriously, and throughout our stay all was well. We requested a room in Block 3 leading out onto the quiet pool, when we arrived our room was waiting for us with complementry chocolates. Such a lovely spacious room and so clean, thanks to Michael, such a pleasant and hard working member of staff. The food as always is plentyful with lots of variety, thanks to Executive Sous Chef Kalid and his staff, and as before the waiters couldnt do enough for for us and remembered us from our last visit. The pool area was kept immaculate by our man Mohammed who looked after us at the Quiet Pool, and Gilal at the bar who picked me flowers when I was a little unwell, again nothing was too much trouble and they were so polite. All the staff were exceptional, the guys at Reception, Chef Mohammed and Shaban in the Asiatic Resturant, and also the laundry service which deserves a mention, so reasonable, with the clothes delivered neatly folded or on hangers with tissue paper. We went on two trips the first on the Submarine, and then on the Sailing Boat which was such a wonderful day. You can go snokelling or try out scuba Driving with National Geographic Instructors on board, and its not expensive.
So now to the bad news Thompson is no longer flying to Taba after November 2013. so we have no way to return at present, I have to say Thompson are you mad!!! you have badly let your customers down, why not offer a transfer from Sharm? Its obvious that you dont care very much about your customers any more.SHAME ON YOU!
Finally if we cannot return next year we want to take this opportunity to thank every single member of staff from Mr Bert Plas General Manager down for our fabulous holiday.
Heres hoping Thompson changes their mind soon

Room Tip: All rooms are great, for us it was Block 3
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Taba Heights. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,509)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Enjoyed a weeks stay , good food. fabulous weather, plenty sun beds, friendly faces, snorkelling was good, though better off the Hyatt Jetty. You will need beach shoes as beach to begin with is very stoney. Towards the end of our week it was the Eid festival. noise levels rose, thank god for the adult only restaurant. Avoid this festival if you can, as unruly children appear along with their parents, Actually felt sorry for the hotel. We spent most days on the beach which was a welcome relief,. The staff are the hotels asset, and Big Heba is one very talented girlie, hope to see her in management very soon. We stayed in block 1 top floor with fabulous views over the gulf and was very quiet. A very good hotel that ticks most boxes!

Room Tip: Top floor Block 1 was very good and not to far from restaurants, Great views over the gulf.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have recently returned from a 2 week trip to the Sofitel with Thomson and had a very enjoyable stay. This was our 2nd visit to the Red Sea. Our first was to Marsa Alam. My husband is a keen underwater photographer and we were amazed at the variety of fish to be seen snorkelling off the jetty's at both the Sofitel and the Hyatt. We encountered many species including rays we had not seen else where, different moray eels, turtles and octopus. The coral reef off the Hyatt is excellent too, although in windy conditions not advisable to go in unless you are confident in the water. Consequently we thought the location to be excellent for our needs. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The atmosphere around the hotel relaxing, rooms clean and plenty of choice to eat in the restaurants. Some guests did complain the food was not 5 star, but then everywhere is having to cut back even restaurants in the UK are cutting back on quality using cheaper cuts of meat etc! But we found plenty of choice and never suffered any upset tummy. We were expecting to suffer from tummy problems based on our first experience to the Egypt so on our first day visited the pharmacy so we were prepared but we never required it. They wash all the food etc with bottled water so we were pleasantly suprised not to suffer any ill effects. We would love to come back here but unfortunately Thomson are pulling the plug on flights to Taba, and I believe Longwood will be too in the New Year. Great shame because we do not want to take a flight to Sharm and travel 3 hours by road up to Taba Heights. So come on you travel companies - up your game and look at flights to Taba. The only problem that may inhibit this is any further problems in Egypt or Syria escalating but for the time being it was all very safe around the the resort area and a lovely place to go.

Room Tip: Our room was in block 1 with views over the swimming pools and sea not far from the steps down. Had...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I would just like to say, THOMSON have done it again!!!!! This is the 3rd EGYPTIAN DESTINATION that we have discovered you are not taking repeat bookings for!!! What is wrong with this company???? I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SHARM THANKS......Not even offering the choice to fly into sharm for transfer up to Taba, that option has been snapped up by Longwoods, Good for them eh? ANYWAY, this contract, i hope will be an option taken by Thomas Cook?? PLEASE??

Now for my review of this Super friendly, warm welcoming hotel and ALL their amazing team that make the Sofitel the chosen destination of thousands of British and all other nationalities for years in the past and with effort, in the future as well.

I need to kick off with my HUGE thanks to Heba(big), our amazing Guest Relations lady. When you say some go the extra mile, Heba done the Marathon!!! When my hubby was ill, she was relentless in her endevours to help us with everything we needed to enjoy our holiday. Such a gem of a lady. just loved her. Sofitel, treasure her please, want to see her when we come back.

Our room was amazing, we had to change due to 1st's location and my health needs, and our chap who cleaned it for us was soooo nice. A thorough clean daily, THANKYOU. All the furniture and huge bed was wonderful. Plenty of storage and drawer space, safe and fridge stocked with water every day, plenty room for extra cans diet coke ect.. TIP: put your aftersun in there as well, heaven if you overdo the sunbathing. The bathroom and walk in shower room were FABULOUS and spotlessly clean every day. Products replenished as needed. Fresh towels as needed daily.

The restaraunt used for all our meals was staffed by a FABULOUS team. They could not do enough for you to ensure you enjoyed each meal service.
SPECIAL THANKS TO: Our lovely waiter's: Abdul, he never let the grass grow under his feet. Always busy, and very kind hearted to me, glasses of ice with every drink...well done my friend.
And also Khaled, (my dad), he knows who he is....always with a kind smile and caring heart.
PLUS Hossan, the delivery of my treat, ICE-CREAM was always served with a HUGE smile.
These 3 stood out to us, always keen to deliver 1st class service, after 2 weeks were friends and antisipated our needs 100%, Thankyou also to the Food and Beverage director, Mohammed, AKA. Peter Andre, he loved this title, ha ha ha!! He was a very kind and dedicated man who made it his mission to keep you happy and he fulfilled this every time he was on duty. In fact ALL the managers in all areas had the same goal. We always recieved a 1st class service. Thankyou.

The chefs were very visible and approachable if you required some food choice not being served. BUT, the menu was varied and themed nights made a night to look forward to. Thankyou for such a tasty and varied service. FOOD SCULPTURES WERE AMAZING, VERY TALENTED CHEF, always a little smile to share with the guests. Thankyou also to our Egg/Omlette man...very patient, always remembered i liked mine 2 fried, NO OIL, and cooked to perfection every time.

From a manners perspective, ALL staff were totaly, utterly respectful, DESPITE some guests treating them like servants, which i witnessed and was offended by on their behalf. Remember, you are a guest in this hotel and the waiting staff are keen to do their best to keep you happy, BUT there is NO need to treat them rudley, it says more about you than it does about their delivery.
Our LOVELY concierge, ALLA was a shining light, full of smiles and a helpful heart. You are missed x Hope to see you again one day soon x

There are SO many people to mention and recognise for their amazing service in the Sofitel, i would be here ALL night, but just know this, you are all valued your '' WEIGHT IN GOLD ''

We would recommend the quiet pool if you want a total chillax holiday, by block 3, any room, they are all good. High standard of decoration and views FAB!! You will be served by a very smiley, happy barman, Mahmud at the quiet pool. Always ready for a chat.
The only critisism here would be that snacks COULD be served here alongside the lovely drinks, wrapped sandwiches and fruit would be welcome here, (no hot service required, )then you could spend more time by the pool of choice.

The one thing that does let this hotel down is : ''The Entertainment.'' There is no budget spent in this area and it really shows. Our 2 week stay would have been totaly transformed in the evening IF there had been good shows to entertain us with. I know it is stated as low key, BUT, sometimes, start times were not followed and 1/2 an hour later, we may get a small dance show/ a singer who TRIED hard, but guests upped and left only a few of us to help him by singing along with him. Invest in quality entertainment for the evenings, guests WILL LOVE IT instead of ''HAVE AN EARLY NIGHT'' The 2 chaps and the girl do try hard, but new material IS needed.

Reception staff : Alway very helpful and courtious, Thankyou :)

Our AMAZING Thomson Rep: No one has EVER been as kind and helpful and PATIENT as you were with ALL the guests, but to US you were THE MAN!!!!!! Never will you be bested in your job Sayed. Thomson has an absolute DIAMOND FIND in you. I pray you and your beautiful wife will be safley delivered of your gorgeous daughter Houda in February 2014. A huge cuddle for your little son from us. Thankyou once again for all you did for myself and Duncan, we won't forget it for sure.

With this stunning hotel laying alongside the Sinai Mountains with views across THE GULF OF AQUABAR to SAUDI ARABIA, JORDAN, and ISRAEL, watching the sunsets and sunrises that were sooooo beautiful, you could be forgiven for not wanting to come home again.

Last word goes to Mr.Bert Plas, General manager. I need to thankyou 100% for all the help and kindness shown to myself and my husband when he became ill and when recovered. I have thought that my suggestion of hand sanitiser stations alongside the handbasins in public areas, if adopted in this hotel, would be a visual reminder that hand sanitising is imperitive AFTER handwashing. It gives out a good signal that hand hygeine is for everyones benefit, especialy on an A/I holiday, where buffet service is the option. Sometimes people just need a gentle reminder on entering the food hall to use the gel. Cruise ships always remind guests to do so and no-one gets offended.
You do have an amazing hotel, wonderful staff, a great team to be proud of. I do hope you will ALL be here when we return to visit you again, sooner than later i hope.

A quick HELLO Tweeza and Si, friends we made from the plane going out, to when we parted at Gatwick coming home.We are coming to see ya boff soon, friends i fink for life!!!! Honoured to make a special friendship with you both xx Love Sandra n Duncan xx To all @ Sofitel Taba Heights xx THANKYOU xx

Room Tip: All rooms in block 3 are big and well appointed, but we settled in Block 1 with a gorgeous room due...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2013

i've been hearing alot about Taba, and especially this Hotel from so many people.
i really wanted to visit Taba, but when my Family decided to go, i was so not looking forward for this trip.
it was during Eid (muslim Holidays), and i knew it would be so crowded.
Getting there by the sea was a headache, considering the building to be too small for the crowd.
once i got there i was overwhelmed with the helpers working at the terminal.
our bags/luggage were taken after the screening, while we were still passing through the security check up point!
one guy had all our passports and went directly to get them stamped and the officer hit the roof knowing that we were even finished from the security check up!

such a weird welcome! we had to keep checking on our bags with all the workers there! (very stressful)

we were at the hotel by 9 A.M, and got our rooms at 1PM.

we were too exhausted to do anything on that day,

we had our bracelets, (the all inclusive bracelet).

the rooms were so big... we had plenty of room for everything.
there were two large sofas, and my sister placed them in front of each other so her baby could sleep in at night without falling, so convenient, an adult could sleep there with much comfort. considering the fact that the Hotel was packed and extra beds or cribs were taken.

my room 3303 had a LOT of Ants coming from the bathroom, i had this problem fixed the next day, but the housekeeping did not bother to clean the floor from the dead ants! only two days later did they consider cleaning the floor.

we had a total of 4 rooms, and the rest of the family had no issues whatsoever.

all 4 remotes were not working, which was solved within 15 min. from reporting the problem.

refrigeration and air conditioning were excellent.

there was no WiFi in the rooms, only in the lobby were they have to type in the username and password at the reception, and it is only valid for a day.

the elevators were broken, dents everywhere, and the sensor is messed up.
we had the elevator close on my moms arm, my sisters finger, my nephews arm, and my other sisters shoulder. when we reported this problem, they commented sarcastically that they had that elevator close on them too!

it took us some time to get the pool and restaurant, but i loved walking, (not OK for children to walk on their own, they WILL get lost!!!!)

you will see a lot of Arabian Sand Gecko, or what we call in Arabic (abu breis).

the Hotel is really big, the buffet is good, i wouldn't consider it a 5* menu. but considering the fact that its all inclusive packages and having so many people at the Hotel, i am very much impressed by the service!

i wanted my vacation to end because of the people at the Hotel, and not the Hotel itself.

some very rude guests, that i did not wish to be around.

snacks start at 12 pm for anyone who's wearing the bracelet, ice cream was yummy.

(wouldn't hurt to leave a tip here or there, they work really hard, and they deal with VERY rude guests, yet they keep calm, and smile)

Spa was a bit expensive and from my sisters experience she did not like the pedicure she got.

their shows and events were entertaining, the kids enjoyed their time.

the weather was AMAZING!!!! October is the best time i must say for such a trip. (make sure you plan it AFTER Eid)

the pool was FREEZING! i wish it was a bit warm to enjoy swimming, the sea was very nice, and warm, but rocks were an obstacle!
my nephew cut his toe, and it kept bleeding for a while.

one thing caught my attention, was that the Hotel had a consideration for couples, and the retired, if you're visiting with no kids, you get to have a quite swimming pool for adults only, and the buffet at a restaurant for adults only, very quite and peaceful.

you'll find camels at the beach to ride, (negotiate with owner for pricing)

Also, there's a hut selling Egyptian pottery, and other things.

i booked a motor cycling trip in the canyons, and THAT was the best part of my trip!!!

it was amazing!!! you MUST try it.

take a look at the gift shop in the Hotel, but don't buy before taking a trip in the Taf-Taf (shuttlebus) to Al Wakalah market, make your comparison.

in Al wakalah, you'll find the Salt Cave. i haven't tried it myself, but i went there to see it, i did not feel i needed the session.

BE CAREFUL, take good care of your belongings, because you might encounter some issues with the guests at the Hotel, (many of our pool/beach stuff disappeared only to be seen with others) again, its the guests, its not the Hotel that made the trip unpleasant.

Kids loved going to the kids club, it was a fun trip for them, and a stressful one for me, to keep an eye on our belongings,

i felt that the Hotel was trying it's best to keep up with the guests. job well done, with food and other services.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My partner and l went to Sofitel Taba Heights for her 60th birthday, some friends also went, which she did not know about, which made the holiday extra special. The hotel was was lovely. We were given a room in Block 1, which overlooked the resort and had an amazing seaview. The room was very clean and tidy, with fresh bottles of water put in a small fridge daily, also tea-making facilities, which was lovely to make a cuppa first thing in am. The restaurant staff were lovely, especially Rasheed, the manager, who organised a lovely cake and baloons etc for my partner as a birthday surprise, and the staff sang happy birthday as she walked through the door.She was totally overwhelmed. Sayed our Thomson rep was exceptionally helpful and always smiling. The resort itself is very picturesque, amazing seaviews and beaches. Snorkelling off the jetty is excellent, very good for beginners. We went out on a sailing boat The Montfreid with waterworld, had my first scuba dive with them, They were very patient and so helpful. There were only 9 people and crew on the boat, we visited Farun Island and snorkelled off the boat, had some lunch then stopped later for some more snorkelling, then the crew suprised my partner with a birthday cake they had made on the boat, a most wonderful day out. I can recommend eating at The Flying Carpet in uptown Taba Heights as the food is excellent, plus you get a voucher from the Sofitel giving you either a free starter or dessert. Transfers very good , did not take too long and we were able to have dinner on arrival Tuesday night. Lovely resort, excellent holiday, especially with our friends, would definitely recommend The Sofitel, shame Thomsons will not be flying here next year as the resort is a real gem. will definitely find a way to come back here. So relaxing and beautiful.

Room Tip: we were in block 1, excellent views over resort and sea. very large room 1414. Friends stayed in Bl...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2013

It's difficult to write this review for 2 reasons.
1. There's nothing to add to all the previous reviews, it really is that good.
2. Because the flights to Taba are stopping I would imagine that unless you're already a fan of this hotel or the others in this area it's going it 's going to be unlikely that you'll be booking to go here anyway.

We've stayed at a couple of other hotels in Taba Heights previously and the Sofitel is just that little bit better.

I only hope that flights do resume to Taba in the very near future.

Room Tip: Rooms in Block 1 have amazing views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel
Movenpick Resort Taba
1 mi away
El Wekala Resort, Taba Heights

Been to Sofitel Taba Heights? Share your experiences!