Sofitel Taba Heights
US$74
  • Pool
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Sol Taba Red Sea(Taba)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$69
US$74
Priceline
US$44
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,535 results
All reviewslotus bartaba heightsfishplaza roomother hotelsrecreation teamsea viewbedouin tentgreat holidaypastasaudi arabiarestaurant managermain restaurantgolf coursesecond homesea watermanagement team
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at Sofitel Taba Heights on 2 occasions - the first time I stayed over the New Year period and then returned again in April 2013 . This hotel has many positives if you want a relaxing holiday. I personally do not like resorts such as Sharm so it suited me staying in a quiet hotel based resort. But if you do like more action it may not be for you as there is nowhere to go outside the hotel other than Taba Heights which is a very small, quiet village with just a few restaurants. The staff at this hotel are excellent, and everywhere you look there seems to be someone cleaning. The room I had was on the ground floor next to the quiet pool and it was spacious and clean with a large comfortable bed. My only complaint would be that by 8am each morning , there were towels on every sun lounger around this pool which I feel were put there by the pool guy who reserved the beds for guests. This was not a major problem for me as I just went to the beach where I could always find a bed , but it was slightly annoying that despite having a room that opened directly on to the pool, I never got to take advantage of this! Ironically it seems this would no longer be a problem, as there are very few guests compared to when I was there so I am sure there are now plenty of spare sun beds. Reading the recent reviews from guests who describe this as a "dying resort", I feel very sad as this is a lovely hotel with staff who seem to genuinely enjoy looking after you and I just hope people will continue to travel here. For me personally it is unlikely I will return , as I would not want such a long transfer from Sharm now there are no UK flights to Taba.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ShredBettyUK
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife & I stayed here mid September, both in need of recharging our batteries after a very hectic year & to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed, our room which was on the first floor was spacious & comfortable with a fantastic view over the pool & sea, also had a huge balcony with our own sunbeds & table & chairs. You could not fault the cleanliness in the hotel it was spotless. The staff were second to none making sure your every need was seen too & always with a smiley face. We were privileged to have travelled when most other Europeans had been advised to stay at home, I must say it was bliss almost like having your own private pool, choices of sunbeds & beach all to yourself. Food was very good, nice choice & great service. This is a hotel for those that want peace & quiet, relaxing & great views. We had a great time & met some really nice people. We really didn't want to go home!

Room Tip: Ask for block one, second or third floor have fantastic views
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith G
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I travelled here at the end of October 2013. My wife uses a mobility scooter and we found getting round the hotel easy. They had put us down of the first floor which was good for most of the hotel amenities - pool, seafront and buffet restaurant. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable, all a very good start. We also found the staff very friendly and helpful throughout the week. There was only two negatives about the hotel. A big one was the food, after the second day we both found our appetites had gone. The food was bland and often didn't go together to make a meal. My wife has been on a strict diet and considering how much desert she put away, she had to eat something, she only put on 1 pound. I however lost about 3 pounds which says a great deal about an all inclusive hotel. We ate because it was time to eat rather than any enjoyment. The second negative was the spa staff who came round, often twice a day hassling you to get a treatment. Even the word no didn't stop them trying and stop the relaxation when you stopped them on the way round.

Although it is a hotel review it is difficult to review the hotel without mentioning Taba Heights. There really is nothing here, about 5 hotels and that's it. There is a reasonable reef just of the beach but while we were there the sea was rough with a big reef break. You constantly felt like you were being pushed into the reef and waves crashing over the snorkel. The golf course looked good but anything not straight would be in the stony ground that made up the rest of the course. There is no history close. Petra looked amazing but £170 per person was too steep. Similarly Jerusalem was between £120-140 per person since there is nothing close to Taba. We went on a good snorkelling trip which was well needed to get out of the hotel for the day.

The weather was hot and windy, which is a good combination. Unfortunately it was almost too windy for books, pages being constantly blown around, hence my title. The Kindle was the way forward and very necessary since there really wasn't anything else to do.

The whole resort was deadly quiet, all the British tour operators have now stopped flying there, as have a great deal of the other European countries. I do feel sorry for the staff who were nice but the resort hasn't got enough to offer. If you want sun, manmade sand and to sit reading all day every day, then this could be the place. Also good if you want to lose weight. I wouldn't recommend this to a friend because there is much better places to go for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Swarbo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were at the Sofitel for the first 2 weeks in October and this was the 2nd time we had stayed at there. We were not disappointed, even though we almost never go back to the same place again. Staff were wonderful, couldn't have been more helpful and made to feel very welcome. We had a wonderful room in Block 1 overlooking the sea.
Food as before, excellent, plenty to choose from and excellent quality, loved Egyptian night. Try the Egyptian desert um Ali , very sweet but delicious. Adults only restaurant was a bonus once the hotel became busier.
Didn't see much of the evening entertainment as up early for the fantastic snorkelling on the reef. But did see the whirling dervish and they were very good. The gin seems to have improved since last time as was very drinkable, as was the wine and beer.
Did the trips to Petra and Jerusalem, we'll worth it . Very early starts, but lots of comfort breaks and sights that you will just never forget
I believe Thompson are no longer going to Taba, what a pity! But worth the transfer from Sharm El Shake when possible.
The staff worked really hard to make sure our stay was a memorable one and we will certainly be returning as it's a great place to recharge your batteries.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank nolostbaggage
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We went to the Sofitel for the second time in June 2013.

We were allocated an excellent room on arrival as the block we requested was not yet open due to lack of guests.

Huge amount of sunbeds and most days had a whole section of beach to ourselves! :-)

Overall the hotel was good, but it still lacked something (which made us return) from our first visit that we could not quite put our finger on.

Some of the staff were excellent, but a large number didn't seem to care one way or another. The emphasis was on serving the large number of locals that descended upon the hotel who, by the way, were very rude and extremely arrogant. They also had a blatant disregard for the hotels dress code in the restaurant which was ignored by the hotel staff for locals but fiercely imposed on everyone else!

The food the first week was awful, cold and repetitive and, to be honest, we just wanted to go home. Second week it picked up and it became apparent that the main chef had returned.

I contracted gastroenteritis when I was there, in the first week, and had to call the doctor out and was prescribed tablets. I was told by him that it was nothing to do with the hotel as he had not see many reported cases. That may have been the case but people were dropping like flies and going direct to the pharmacy rather than call out the doctor!

I have to say our holiday was saved by some of the people we met at the hotel, a handful of staff and a brilliant trip to Jerusalem. A must do activity.

I do not think that we are likely to return, not good enough to warrant the trip down to Gatwick, they had already stopped flights from Manchester, or potentially flying into Sharm and bussing it down to Taba.

Great shame as this was once a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple