“Terrible.THIEVES. Im sure the hotel wrote the good reviews”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Taba
Jerusalem
“Terrible.THIEVES. Im sure the hotel wrote the good reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book this hotel for our vacation. But this time we werent lucky .
Lobby: old needs renovation . No ac . People likes to stay in the lobby where they can have internet access and ac but there was no ac or wifi.
Rooms: two month ago there was a big flood in taba you can see that it affected all the furnitures in the rooms and all the plants around them. The other hotels like mariottes were still closed for renovations after the glood but not sofitel.
There were a lot of bugs in the room we used to call the housekeeper twice a day to spray the room to kill bugs.
Food:as all the previous reviews food was awful.
Pools were not bad but not clean like pools in movenpick or intercontinental hotel in taba.
When we checked out . We found out that my purse with cash money and credit cards were not in the safe. I was chocked went to complain to reception they treated us as liars . I started crying we called the police they fidbt do anything. Called bank canceled the cards .thanz god didnt have a lot of cash. I was really sad because the recption manager treated me as a liar. Will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank sweetmaria
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, 2 August 2014

Greetings

We feel sorry that our services have not met with your expectation however we would have very mych appreciated if you have rasied your concerns to us during your stay to make sure that your stay is as enjoyable as it should be

I would like to assure you that at Sofitel, guest satisfaction is our main concern

I hope you may give us another chance to better serve you in the future

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was my second stay at Sofitel Taba Heights. I first came in May 2011 with my boyfriend and we had the most amazing time. I always said that I would return so me and my friend booked up & decided to go for 10 days rather than just a week, which turned out to be an excellent idea.
It's a shame that Taba airport is closed however we found it easy enough to get to Sharm, in fact I think it probably worked out cheaper, and the hotel arranged our transfer from the airport to the hotel for a small charge of $125 which was paid on arrival. The journey was around 2 1/2 hours and it was quite a nice trip, especially since the car was fully air con.
We arrived at the hotel quite late and check in went very quickly and smoothly. The staff already knew who we were and were expecting us, and it was a nice touch that some of them had remembered me from my previous trip. We were greeted with a drink and someone took our bags to our room for us. The room was gorgeous. Free upgrade to sea view and we had 2 HUGE beds. The rooms are very clean, excellent views & have everything you need.
The staff are the most friendly I have ever encountered. The honestly cannot do enough to keep you happy and you never feel as though they are pestering you or demanding tips like I noticed at other places in the country. Hussain at reception was particularly helpful, along with Mohammed in the restaurant.
The food is fantastic. There isn't a minute of the day where food isn't served. The buffet changes daily so you don't get sick of having the same thing, and there is something there for everyones palette. The waiters in the restaurant are so helpful and one of the chefs went above & beyond and made my friend some falafel burgers because he knew how much she liked them, even though they weren't on the menu. 10/10 for service.
The bar is ran by a very pleasant man, unfortunately I have forgotten his name, but he would see you approaching and already have your drinks served and they would be delicious and presented very well.
The grounds are very well kept, the cleaners work hard all day to keep the place presentable. The pool is clean, the beach is tidy. We spent a lot of time by the pool and our towels were laid out every morning by the recreations team which was a very nice touch.
The shisha tent on the beach is a lovely touch & is very relaxing, especially on a night time.
The heat was unbearable at times, but the rooms and restaurant etc were very well air conditioned so this didn't prove to be an issue.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone enough, I haven't 1 single complaint to make, not even a small one. I will definitely be back, and next time I will be staying for a fortnight.
Anyone coming from England and worrying about the travel - just do it. It is so worth it and once you're off the plane the drive over sails by. The area is very safe also, do not be put off by the fact it is so close to the Israel border.
Most amazing 10 days of my life and I can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: Free upgrade to sea view room when you book online, the views over Israel, Jordan & Saudi Arabia...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rebecca03arthr
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel is perfect for people looking for some relaxation. Well, the building itself and the equipment of rooms is a bit worn out, but it's Egypt, you can't really expect hotels to be the same level as in Europe or North America, so if you are a positive person without ridicilously high demands, this could be just a right place for you to stay. The nature is amazing, the views to Jordan and Saudi Arabia are breathtaking in the nighttime, the sea is perfect for snorkeling and the beach is fully equiped.Just 2 meters away from the pier we saw muraena, tangs, puffer, lionfish, parrotfish, butterfly fish, angelfish etc. Pools are great too, especially the one with sea water. And my special thanks are to the hotel staff: they were really helpful and friendly. Hopefully, very soon the whole area of Taba will be restored from the May floods, during our stay there were almost no people , very quiet and tranquil. Nevertheless, it was a lovely experience. Undoubtedly, in comparison with Hurghada Taba is smaller, no nightlife or shopping, but somehow I liked it more for the amazing Sinai mountains right behind the hotel, clear and rich in marine life sea, posssibility of going to Israel and Jordan and that unique kind of feeling when you realise there are still places in the world where the time doesn't matter.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great place to stay, ideal place if you just want to relax in the sunshine and the beautiful sea. The relaxing element of it was important as I proposed to my girlfriend (now wife) while we were staying there. The views across the Red Sea to Jordan and Saudi Arabia certainly helped!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank N0rmalf0rn0rf0lk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was expecting more from Sofitel only had 1 Japanese restaurant, and 1 buffet to eat at, drinks had to be paid for after 11 pm that's a joke, I warned the hotel bar manager that First choice was pulling out, but he thought he new better, lol, I heard bombs going off when we were there 2 years ago along with other guests early in the morning, pool was nice rooms were nice, snorkelling was good not spectacular, but the whole place around the other hotels were like a ghost town, nobody there.

Go to Sharm el sheikh instead much better for a good holiday

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Marco T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in October 2013 as we just needed to chill out for a week. The Sofitel was absolutely perfect for this. Our room was big and clean and had a great view, we spent many an evening sitting on our balcony drinking cocktails before we headed down to dinner. We enjoyed the food and we can be quite fussy but we always found something to eat, not sure why some people are so negative about it, there's a lot of variety. Snorkelling was great in front of the hotel and you didn't even have to jump off the jetty, you could just walk out into the water and see lots of different fish. We also went on a snorkelling day out which was organised by the hotel, this was worth doing and was nice to have a change of scene. We also did the day trip to Jordan which was a very long day but worth it to see Petra. The only downside we had was our week clashed with Eid so a lot of guests came over from Jordan and Saudi and had no idea how to behave around food, by the pool or in the toilets but this wasn't the hotel's fault, in fact several of the hotel staff told us they found it tough too! This slightly took the edge off the holiday but I'd definitely go back if I needed to have a bit of R&R.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LabelleLondon
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

First of all allow me to thank you for the time spent to post your review

It is always a pleasure to recieve positive feedback, i will share your comments with our ambassadors which i'm will motivate them to perform even better

As you have experienced, guest satisfaction is our main concern

Looking forward to welcoming you back at your second home Sofitel Taba Heights

Cordially
Chinnor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have just returned from Sofitel Taba Heights, a hotel I have stayed in many many times. This was the first time though that I had visited on my own and I need not have had any worries.

As usual the staff were so friendly, welcoming and helpful and I immediately felt at home and safe and secure in this peaceful haven. Even though there had been a flash flood a few weeks previous, Sofitel is unaffected and it was business as usual. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

I spent two idyllic weeks here and was very reluctant to leave. There are plenty of facilities if you wish to expend some energy as well as spa and salon treatments for relaxation.

Snorkelling from the jetty is a very tempting activity but there are lots of beautiful fish view without even entering the water.

Rather than gazing out over endless miles of sea, the view over a short stretch of water is of Jordan and Saudi Arabia which at night comes alive with many lights and is an amazing sight.

Though there are now no flights from the UK to Taba Airport it is very easy to fly into Sharm el Sheikh and do the road transfer to Taba Heights. Although the transfer time is longer than from Taba Airport this slight disadvantage is far outweighed by the fact that one is not tied to travelling on a certain day with a Travel Agent. There is the choice of several airlines, the chance to travel on any day of the week and the opportunity to stay for any duration.

I cannot wait to go back to this unique, peaceful haven in a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: The Plaza sea view rooms have a very large balcony with sun loungers, chairs and a table.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Bren P
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, 20 June 2014

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Sofitel Taba Heights