“Very Good experience! not our first time there!”

Sofitel Taba Heights
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Amman, Jordan
“Very Good experience! not our first time there!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We've been to this hotel over 5 times , and it never fails to amaze us each time! good service , good and varient food options , excellent day activities including pool and around the pool ones , a bit poor air conditioning , needs to prolong night activities and widen the options of night activities , bar service and treatment is excellent , although it differs depending on who's carrying the shift of servicing at that time! clean pools and the animation team is doing their job to the ultimate! Overall , great experience and staying at the hotel each time we visit taba is a deal-cutting proof!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sofitel-Taba, Quality & Training Manager at Sofitel Taba Heights, responded to this review, 2 August 2014

Greetings

I will share your review with our ambassador and i will sure it will motivate them to even provide better service

Looking forward to welcoming you at Soditel Taba Heights

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, but the service is poor, the hotel in general is not clean, the rooms are full of insects, and the air condition is not good at all.
The hotel at night is very dark, and after dinner the hotel will die (nothing to do).
Very poor wifi service, yet the employees are very friendly.
The beach is not clean at all, same goes for the pools.
Not recommended to visit!

• Stayed August 2013

Greetings

We feel sorry that our services have not with your expectation however we would have very mych appreciated if you have rasied your concerns to us during your stay to make sure that your stay is as enjoyable as it should be

I would like to assure you that at Sofitel, guest satisfaction is our main concern

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Im sure the people who rated this hotel as 4 or 5 stars have never been in 5 stars hotel. This hotel is so dirty, bugs all over, food is not tasty , staff are not proffessional , dirt covering the floors everywhere, hand prints on all the doors , even the staff are not proffessionsl and they have body odor. I dont recommend this hotel stay away unless you ate looking for 2 stars hotel

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank GeoMak1

Reviewed 24 July 2014

If your looking for a quite and peaceful place and for an infinite fun your looking at the right one in which the best of that all is the animation team that has filled our time with alot of fun activities and joyful nights.....thanks guys for making our vacation more special

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Greetings

Thank you for your review , it is very much appreciated

We enjoyed having your with us and happy to hear that our service have met with your expectations

Looking forward to welcoming you back at your second home Sofitel Taba Heights

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to taba since the situation in israel was not good. So the agent booked for us sofitel taba . We were very excited to stay in this beautiful resort. shows you beautiful pictures . After checking in we went to our rooms and we were really disapointed since the rooms were too small. But we said its ok we will spend our day by the pool. Then i heard one of our ladies next door screaming . She found spiders in her room. So we called the reception and they sent someone to clean it . Then i found out a spider in my room on my bed . Bathroom shower and seat were dirty . We found out that the whole group was complaining so we called the agent and they moved us to intercontinental taba heights and it waa realy good. Im surprised how come this hotel is called luxury and it belongd to dofitel chain !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank cherylmak

Jerusalem
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book this hotel for our vacation. But this time we werent lucky .
Lobby: old needs renovation . No ac . People likes to stay in the lobby where they can have internet access and ac but there was no ac or wifi.
Rooms: two month ago there was a big flood in taba you can see that it affected all the furnitures in the rooms and all the plants around them. The other hotels like mariottes were still closed for renovations after the glood but not sofitel.
There were a lot of bugs in the room we used to call the housekeeper twice a day to spray the room to kill bugs.
Food:as all the previous reviews food was awful.
Pools were not bad but not clean like pools in movenpick or intercontinental hotel in taba.
When we checked out . We found out that my purse with cash money and credit cards were not in the safe. I was chocked went to complain to reception they treated us as liars . I started crying we called the police they fidbt do anything. Called bank canceled the cards .thanz god didnt have a lot of cash. I was really sad because the recption manager treated me as a liar. Will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank sweetmaria

Greetings

We feel sorry that our services have not met with your expectation however we would have very mych appreciated if you have rasied your concerns to us during your stay to make sure that your stay is as enjoyable as it should be

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was my second stay at Sofitel Taba Heights. I first came in May 2011 with my boyfriend and we had the most amazing time. I always said that I would return so me and my friend booked up & decided to go for 10 days rather than just a week, which turned out to be an excellent idea.
It's a shame that Taba airport is closed however we found it easy enough to get to Sharm, in fact I think it probably worked out cheaper, and the hotel arranged our transfer from the airport to the hotel for a small charge of $125 which was paid on arrival. The journey was around 2 1/2 hours and it was quite a nice trip, especially since the car was fully air con.
We arrived at the hotel quite late and check in went very quickly and smoothly. The staff already knew who we were and were expecting us, and it was a nice touch that some of them had remembered me from my previous trip. We were greeted with a drink and someone took our bags to our room for us. The room was gorgeous. Free upgrade to sea view and we had 2 HUGE beds. The rooms are very clean, excellent views & have everything you need.
The staff are the most friendly I have ever encountered. The honestly cannot do enough to keep you happy and you never feel as though they are pestering you or demanding tips like I noticed at other places in the country. Hussain at reception was particularly helpful, along with Mohammed in the restaurant.
The food is fantastic. There isn't a minute of the day where food isn't served. The buffet changes daily so you don't get sick of having the same thing, and there is something there for everyones palette. The waiters in the restaurant are so helpful and one of the chefs went above & beyond and made my friend some falafel burgers because he knew how much she liked them, even though they weren't on the menu. 10/10 for service.
The bar is ran by a very pleasant man, unfortunately I have forgotten his name, but he would see you approaching and already have your drinks served and they would be delicious and presented very well.
The grounds are very well kept, the cleaners work hard all day to keep the place presentable. The pool is clean, the beach is tidy. We spent a lot of time by the pool and our towels were laid out every morning by the recreations team which was a very nice touch.
The shisha tent on the beach is a lovely touch & is very relaxing, especially on a night time.
The heat was unbearable at times, but the rooms and restaurant etc were very well air conditioned so this didn't prove to be an issue.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone enough, I haven't 1 single complaint to make, not even a small one. I will definitely be back, and next time I will be staying for a fortnight.
Anyone coming from England and worrying about the travel - just do it. It is so worth it and once you're off the plane the drive over sails by. The area is very safe also, do not be put off by the fact it is so close to the Israel border.
Most amazing 10 days of my life and I can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: Free upgrade to sea view room when you book online, the views over Israel, Jordan & Saudi Arabia...