I'm surpised by how many people who praise the customer service at this hotel. I found the staff very uncomfortable, occasionally rude and quite strange. The hotel itself was fantastic though. Our room, 913, was by the sea and very, very peaceful. The beach and the sea was amazing you only had to walk out a few metres and were surrounded by fish. You can walk a long way before the sea gets too deep so there is plenty of opportunity to snorkel around rocks and coral. The pool is also very large and there are plenty of places to get a sun bed. Meal times, however, were a bit strange. We went half-board so you get a buffet which changes every evening (I must recommend the Egyptian food night which was strangely empty when we went). Basically each time we asked to sit outside on the terrace the staff got a bit grumpy and weird. We couldn't work it out! Maybe we were breaking some rules? Also, each hotel (your neighbours are Sofitel, Intercontinental and Hyatt) has an extra restaurant in Downtown Taba which is a bus ride up the hill. Marriott's is a Mexican restaurant and has great views in the afternoon and evening. There are also a few shops. I found the bus ride to and from Downtown to the hotel quite frustrating. It was meant to turn up every 15 minutes (rarely did) and confusing on the way back because sometimes they won't go to your hotel... a very confusing system to be honest! Overall, great hotel, wonderful views, relaxing beach and pool fantastic facilities. But we felt the staff were quite rude at times it was a major task getting out of the hotel to Downtown.
TIP! Seek out the hotel's 'happy hours' they have great offers on beers, cocktails and ice creams throughout the day and evening....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Bay View Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taba Heights Marriott Beach Hotel Taba
- Marriott Taba Heights
- Taba Marriott
- Marriott Beach Resort Taba