“Lovely hotel room, beach and pool.”

The Bay View Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel room, beach and pool.”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I'm surpised by how many people who praise the customer service at this hotel. I found the staff very uncomfortable, occasionally rude and quite strange. The hotel itself was fantastic though. Our room, 913, was by the sea and very, very peaceful. The beach and the sea was amazing you only had to walk out a few metres and were surrounded by fish. You can walk a long way before the sea gets too deep so there is plenty of opportunity to snorkel around rocks and coral. The pool is also very large and there are plenty of places to get a sun bed. Meal times, however, were a bit strange. We went half-board so you get a buffet which changes every evening (I must recommend the Egyptian food night which was strangely empty when we went). Basically each time we asked to sit outside on the terrace the staff got a bit grumpy and weird. We couldn't work it out! Maybe we were breaking some rules? Also, each hotel (your neighbours are Sofitel, Intercontinental and Hyatt) has an extra restaurant in Downtown Taba which is a bus ride up the hill. Marriott's is a Mexican restaurant and has great views in the afternoon and evening. There are also a few shops. I found the bus ride to and from Downtown to the hotel quite frustrating. It was meant to turn up every 15 minutes (rarely did) and confusing on the way back because sometimes they won't go to your hotel... a very confusing system to be honest! Overall, great hotel, wonderful views, relaxing beach and pool fantastic facilities. But we felt the staff were quite rude at times it was a major task getting out of the hotel to Downtown.

TIP! Seek out the hotel's 'happy hours' they have great offers on beers, cocktails and ice creams throughout the day and evening....

Room Tip: First room we were given had ants in it. Worth a quick look around first.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wilkinson78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Regular readers of Trip Advisor may recall my past contributions to this worthy site. We have yet again just returned for a glorious two weeks at the Marriott Beach Resort in Taba Heights.

Times have obviously not been easy for the Middle East over the past year and visitor numbers are down in Taba Heights (as they throughout Egypt) but don't let this put off any prospective visitors off because the resort is very much open for business. I don't think there can be any more a welcoming place than this

We came with friends and family to celebrate a special birthday which the Marriott catered and arranged for us with a combination of world class catering and spectacular venue, making this for us a very memorable event.

Although we have stayed at this hotel many times before it never ceases to satisfy our need for complete rest with a touch of luxury. This visit was no exception. Special thanks to all the Marriott staff without whom this would not have been possible.

The Marriott is of course only a part of this beautifully designed resort. My report would not be complete without mentioning the first class scuba diving available through Water World who managed to introduce several of our guests to the wonders of The Red Sea.

The stunning scenery is dominated by the quite beautiful eighteen hole golf course. I am not a golfer but was invited to have a guided tour of the course which has some of the most exceptional views I have ever seen. One of our group(who is a golfer) had two days on the course and said that it was the the best he had ever experienced.

If you are looking for compete rest and peace for a holiday I strongly recommend The Marriott in Taba Heights.

Room Tip: I have said occupancy is hot high at the moment. I f you haven't been allocated a sea view room...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tonycrompton
London
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Being the first visit we found Marriot an excellent relaxing place, enjoyed my mid afternoon Acqua Aerobics and varied evening entertainments.
Staff is very friendly and helpful providing excellent service. Chefs made our stay extra special as we were vegetarians, they made special efforts to make sure we have plentyful at Dinner Time. Special thanks to Mr Ahmed Abbas and his team Ragab and Aboel Fotuh and others without their kind attention our holiday would not have been the same.
Well equipped Gym area is fantastic, Spa is very clean and welcoming - Enjoyed my massage and sea weed wrap.

It is a good place to come with group of friends.

It is not a place for someone who like shopping and eating out - there is nothing that sort in Taba -

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view of the sea
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sapna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

One week stay, third time visiting Taba Heights, Marriott this time for my mums 60th in September 2011

From flying over the desert, the transfer coach journey, arriving at the Marriott, the welcome smiles and helpfulness, the rooms provided, the beach comforts, the pool layout, the entertainment, the food, the dive center crew and the diving itself - magical all of it.

It is what you want it to be, you can have a relaxing time or make it sociable. I loved hanging out with the guys from the shops - learnt a lot about their culture and loved the way they accommodate all guests and staff in every possible way, even speaking in all kinds of languages. My mind, body, soul, would love to be back their now, working and helping the team continue a fantastic service as opposed to being in England where the rich get rich and the poor get poorer.

My mum was spoiled rotten as per usual at the Marriott and dive center! It was great to see her have lots of smiles on and around her birthday - the team went up and beyond, it was brilliant as they normally seem to be!

I recommend this resort and suggest you check it out for yourselves!

The beach is my love, the sea, stars surroundings - culture rocks my mind and the energy of this place makes me warm inside and smile :o)

Thank you Marriott and dive center team / airport guys - I loved it :o))

Amy, 27

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amy P
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We have just arrived back from the resort after a two week holiday - we had a wonderful time. Without exception the staff were friendly and helpful - so much so we commended the manger (Brian) about four particular individuals before we left - customer service people in the UK could learn a thing or two from these employees!

The food in the resturant was good for breakfast and dinner and we ate at the grotto/beach bar most lunchtimes. As veggies we were a little concerned we may not be well catered for but you couldn't fault the food or the variety- it is what it is - a buffet. They tried very hard to make the food different in the evenings and usually had two live cooking stations.

Our room was clean and spacious and had a fridge and plently of storage space. The bed was very comfortable. We also had a dresser, table and some chairs as well as those on the balcony.

The staff at the spa were very friendly - so much so I had three massages. The jacuzzi and sauna were nice although the steam room was being repaired during our second week.

We purchased boxes of water from the reception, which were possibly a little more expense than the shop in the downtown area (but still cheaper than tescos here) - but they delivered it to our room - less hassle - you are on holiday! There was a kettle and a hostess tray - which they will refill for a charge. But we took tea bags with us and purchased milk from the shop which we kept in the fridge.

The pool and beach area were lovely and even if you rocked up at the pool/beach at lunchtime you could find plently of choice in sun loungers. Although a few Brits it had to be said did like to have there loungers in the same space day in and day out! We wanted a slightly more relaxing holiday and found a front row beach or quiet pool space on every occasion without any hassle!!!

The resort and the hotel were quiet - mix of 'Arab Spring' and economic situation I suspect - but there we plently of staff still on to help with our needs.

Bank on site had better exchange rate than back in the UK so we just took a little Egyptian and changed the rest as and when we needed it.
Can I urge future travellers to tip in Egyptian Pounds as it is easier for the staff as they cannot purchase things they need in £$ etc.

We heard lots of positive comments from other holiday makers during our stay. Although as usual one or two people who don't come on holiday to relax and find fault in anything. Those of you who can't please keep away from a muslim country if you want pork and have respect for other people, their culture and beliefs.

Not sure what else to say, except thank-you once again to all of the staff at the Marriott for making our stay so wonderful - keep up the excellent work.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoB21
Buckinghamshire, U.K
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Without exception all staff gave excellent service and were extremely friendly and pleasant. The buffet was very good, each night having a different themed cuisine which was very enjoyable. My only disappointment was the lack of a room with a walk-in shower which would have better accommodated my disabled husband. That said the pros far outweighed the cons so much so that we are hoping to return next year. Highly recommend you take t-bags/coffee/powdered milk also get the free shuttle to the supermarket to buy buy bottled water, Pepsi etc, also take something/someone strong to carry the bottles back to the hotel. We bought bottles of wine - approx £10 per bottle and Egyptian dark rum £10-£6.50 depending on how often you visited, from a shop in the arcade at the shopping centre (there is only one shop that sells alcohol) so just ask, someone will be able to tell you.

Room Tip: It's a long walk from the beachside rooms to the restaurants although reception will always send...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nojagsjoan
England u.k.
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Having just returned from my tenth stay at the Marriott hotel Taba Heights almost makes a review unnecessary because I wouldn't keep returning if it wasn't an excellent place. Having tried other hotels at Taba Heights in the past I feel without doubt that the Marriott is the best, what makes this so is the wonderful staff and excellent food. Every member of staff treats you the same, quests wellbeing is most important, nothing is too much trouble for them and they constantly have a smile for you. The food is amazing and this is not said lightly because although I am not a vegetarian I do not eat meat, fish or chicken but every night I had a choice of delicious pasta, rice and vegetables, the different soups are to die for. If you are looking for a holiday with constant sunshine, tranquility, nothing to do but re-charge your batteries this is the place. The snorkelling is amazing being a close second to the Maldives, the best place to go from is the jetty outside the Hyatt Regency, the fish and coral are breath taking. Hope to see you again in December. Thank you everyone for making my first time with you on my own totally stress free.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo