“The Positive Reviews Are Well Earned!”

The Bayview Taba Heights Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 8 August 2012

First time in Taba but 7th time in Egypt. So in terms of all the usual moans I am generally well prepared for every eventuality. Didn't really need to be at this hotel. Great food for Egypt and the room was perfectly good.
Themed nights in the restaurant was a great idea as that meant rather than a questionable buffet from all over the world. A cohesive menu was great.
There are only a few areas that could be improved and interestingly all of them revolve around the beach. But to keep up with the positives the snorkelling is amazing as you are treated to a variety of environments. Rocky shallows great for stone fish and eels and the reefs that have all the usual suspects. On the next beach up there were two turtles. Perfect for first time snorkelers as it is shallow and obviously great for kids.
Down sides, there was no designated area for walking into the sea. This meant that it was a free for all and having seen the variety of life in the shallows for it to be preserved a few designated walk ways that were cleared of stones would be great. It is a very painful experience getting in and out of the sea if you weren't wearing shoes.There needs to be toilets on the beach and a cold shower would also be great. It may all be a question of plumbing but this would make the beach aspect great.
Beach furniture all tired and very heavy and for some reason the staff at the beach bar did not like to serve women as readily as men. Which meant that there was a lot of waiting around being ignored.
Niggles not major problems. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sea views mean climbing quite a lot of stairs so unless you really want one don't opt for them...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank troublefishblue
Katie R, Public Relations Manager at The Bayview Taba Heights Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear troublefishblue
A huge thank you for posting you recent review. We are heppy to hear that you had a good time with us. Thans for your note regarding the beach issues. We are working with our engineering team to ensure that the sunloungers are of a good standard, and we are looking into the possibility of making a clearer entrance into the sea to make it easier for guests. Just a note, unfortunately due to marine park rules we are not allowed to remove stones from the beach, but we will try to find a solution to make this easier. I hope this clarifies the issue for you, and next time you decide to visit, please be sure to let us know! Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future! :-)

There are newer reviews for The Bayview Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is the third time we have stayed in Taba (but different hotels). We had a lovely time, the staff are amazing and always put themselves out to provide an excellent service, always with a friendly smile. The food was good and the hotel try and cater for all needs, we also went to El Fuego's Mexican twice and the food there was very reasonable and excellent.

When we arrived there were three coaches and the hotel had done everything possible to make the process as smooth as possible, we were welcomed with a cold drink and a cold flannel, all the room keys/towel cards had been prepared and the luggage was numbered and taken directly to our rooms.

Every opportunity was given to raise any issues with the Hotel, this was discussed at the welcome meeting and there was also a lady that went round the hotel asking if everything was ok. Not sure why some people fail to raise issues yet come back and complain without giving the hotel the opportunity to do something about anything that is wrong (as they may not know).

All in all I would recommend the Marriott and Taba Heights. For us the best thing apart from the glorious weather/hotel/views was the staff, we always find the Egyptians very friendly, hardworking and helpful, a reason that we go back to Egypt every year.

Room Tip: We were in the 900 block of rooms and it was close to the pool/restaurant and beach with seaview
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank davenwend
Katie R, Public Relations Manager at The Bayview Taba Heights Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Davenwend
Thank you for posting your recent review, we are delighted that you had a great holiday and that we met your expectations. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the team, especially the comments regaring the staff. They are working extremely hard and in such harsh and hot conditions, and especially with Ramadan at the moment, its great to hear such wonderful and positive feedback! We very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future, and in the meantime, wishing you a great summer!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just got back from the marriot in taba heights I've got to say it was one of the best holidays I've had the staff are exceptionally helpful even refusing tips I had upgraded to a suite on the beach which provided all the requirements of a good quality suite large spacious kept very clean the food was of a good standard with daily changes in the style of food the pool a little busy but impeccably clean the only negative are some of the Chav guests that have no cultural experience (brits mainly,the odd Russian ) overall I would recomend this to anyone who is looking to relax and if you wish to keep busy there are plenty of excursions available

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Mikeeuk1

Dear mikeeuk1
We are so happy to read that you had a 'wonderful wonderful' holiday with us here at the Taba Marriott! Many thanks from the team for posting your recent review, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future! In the meantime, we wish you a great summer!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned from a week at the Marriott. Had a wonderfult time. Found that the staff were incredibly friendly and I was impressed as I wasn't sure how Ramadan might affect them, however they worked tirelessly.

Food:

It was good, tasty and there was a good variety. I especially enjoyed the Mexican night.

Room:

Very clean, ok some furniture was a little tired but I never had any issues with cleanliness Bed was incredibly comfortable.

Pool:

Didn't use it to be honest, there was no where to actually just swim so stuck to the beach.

Beach:

I was very disappointed that there were no showers available for the beach, nor a toilet. It was also quite upsetting that there appeared to be no maintenance of the beach, it was reguarly littered with the cups/glasses from people who had been there the day/night before. The windbreakers were also in need of replacing. However, the sea was amazing, snorkelling was fantastic and I was lucky enough to swim with turtles so that was perfect!

SPA:

Had a manicure/pedicure, the staff were very professiona, firendly and was well worth the money.

Overall I had a lovely holiday and yes the resort is quiet but that is what I went for.

Hotel is best for: Quiet holiday, Couples, Solo, Business, Young family
Hotel is not for: Late night partying, teenagers

Room Tip: Go for a first floor room. 500's are lovely and near enough to everything but away from the nois...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Emma W

Dear Emma W
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review, we are so happy that you found the resort peacful and relaxing, after all, our motto is 'relaxation made easy'! The snorkeling in this part of the world is second to none, and so easy from the hotel beach. We are delighted that you were able to experience it to the full, i am yet to snorkel with a turtle from our beach, so be sure i will be on the lookout! :-) But thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of information with us and future guests! I have passed on your feedback regarding the beach to our engineering/recreation team and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. From all the team here (and the turtle) we wish you a great summer!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We (9) of us have just returned from a weeks holiday at this resort , the Hotel is beautifully landscaped, the pool was lovely and warm. The food was very good with lots of choice and the times you could go for meals was very good (up to 11.30 for evenining meal). The food available in the lunchtimes were also very good. The staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. We were all vegetraians and were catered for so well .The room was of good standard and clean. The beach was lovely and you could walk from the marina to the end of the resort, no hassle from anyone, even the 3 shops at the hotel you never felt pressurised to buy! camels on the beach and very few shops (perfect for a peaceful break). The weather was in the mid 30'sc and the sea was warm.
The Hotel Spa had good facilities and (although we did not go to gym), it looked good. Belly dancing lessons on the beach and water aerobics were also good fun for those who wanted to join.
We have been to Sharm el Sheik (lovely) but I preferred TABA HEIGHTS for its beauty, peace and tranquility; from the beach you can see Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Isreal. I would definateley recommend this Hotel and resort and would go back.
The best currency to take is British Pounds as this is accepted everywhere and you get a better exchange.

Room Tip: Choose room started from 914 on wards......beautiful view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank pragna56

Dear Pragna56
We were delighted to read you review regarding your recent holiday, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We love to serve and assist, and are so happy that our kitchen team were so able to take care of your needs and ensure that you found plenty of vegetarian options. I have shared your review with the team, this kind of feedback is invaluable to us and future guests, and serves as a great motivator for the team. Please be sure to inform us of your next visit, and in the meantime we wish you a great summer!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just returned from a week away at this resort at the end of July and despite reading some positive reviews before going, my thoughts of the place were quite different!

Having been to Sharm for a number of years, I was looking forward to a different holiday in Egypt which was much quieter, more relaxing and close to Israel for excursions. My initial thoughts of the resort were good, however I must admit the Marriott was a big disappointment and I wouldn’t go back.

After initially being dropped off at the hotel, there was a long wait before being checked in, and I was frustrated by the fact I had pre emailed the hotel weeks in advance with my bed requirements and had an email back from Wailed at their customer service desk to say that my wishes would be accommodated, however at reception this was suddenly not the case. They had also tried making out that we had a great sea view upgrade, but this was already included in the package we paid for through TravelZoo.

We then had to drag our luggage all the way to block 300 despite asking for a bellboy service, this was hardly the 5* treatment we were expecting.

The rooms were very good and cleaned everyday, however the same cant be said for the food. The resort advertises a variety buffet from themes all over the world which should vary daily.

However we found it was the same food on offer everyday and this was not a great selection.
After attending the initial welcome meeting we were told by their PR woman Katy that it was the largest intake of UK visitors the resort had seen in 3 years and this clearly showed.

The waiters had no idea about table service and you had to wait 30 minutes for a drink. It seemed like they couldn’t cope with the demand in the restaurant or Grotto Bar. This was a world apart from the Sofitel next door which you were allowed to use if pre booked the day before, and the staff there were fantastic.

The staff at the hotel also have quite poor hygiene levels, I witnessed one guy from the Grotto bar use the men’s toilets make a big mess, not flush, then walk out and continue serving staff at the bar. This was disgusting and put me off using the bar for the rest of the week.

My most disappointment came from the excursion. We specially booked this resort for its close proximity to Israel and went with the intention to visit Jerusalem. Upon booking the excursion we were given a detailed explanation of the visit, but this varied completely to our actual trip.

After being collected from the hotel we got to the border only to find the waiting bus had broken down and then had to sit and wait for 40 minutes for a replaced. This took a chunk of time out of our day and instead of the going straight to the Dead Sea we were told this would happen on the return journey.

This had lots of implications such as not stopping for a brake as planned between the border and the Dead Sea meaning we were on the coach for hours before reaching Jerusalem to make up time. This was further antagonized by our guide Clive who said he had ‘never even done this visit before’.

After finally reaching our first point at the Mount of Olives, we noticed other groups all having a detailed explanation of the area, but our guide said nothing and just told us to take pictures, until we finally met another guide at the entrance to the Western Wall. He was much better but very quiet and it was a big struggle to hear him talk, worst of all he lost half the group during the tour meaning we lost another hour of the excursion.

Finally after the tour, on the way home, our driver attempted to get us to the Dead Sea, which should have been the first stop of the day, however as it was now approaching 6pm none of the tourist areas would let us use the facilities.

This meant we had to drive around for another hour trying to find somewhere to stop and we finally got to use a spa facility after the driver had made some phone calls. Sadly by this point the sun had almost gone and due to the loss of time we couldn’t stay very long.

Therefore overall I was most disappointed by the excursion. The places visited were fantastic and there was much to see and do but with a big loss of time, and a poor guide I felt this was spoilt.

Elsewhere back at the resort the evening entertainment was very poor and consisted of the odd belly dancer and karaoke. For such a big complex which even had its own amphitheatre this was shame.

Little effort was made to keep guests entertained and most ended up going to bed straight after tea which was such a shame.

Furthermore the all inclusive offer ends at 10pm unlike most other Sharm resorts at midnight, and this felt like an opportunity for the hotel to make money from those wishing to stay up. Also the price of the WIFI was just ridiculous at almost £10.00 per hour and I would suggest you use the hotel lobby next door at the Sofihotel which was free. I couldn’t understand why a brand such as the Marriott also couldn’t adopt this policy.

Overall I would say the week was a good holiday simply due the price we had booked with Travelzoo. For us it was an opportunity to just relax and get away. If I was going back I would definitely book the Sofihotel instead which was far better all round and sadly we wouldn’t go back to the Marriott.

The overall star rating for this hotel should be more like a 3* because it lacked good quality and a variety of food, entertainment and luxury. Whilst I understand a 5* resort in Egypt wouldn’t match the same criteria in the UK, I have stayed at a variety of other 5* hotels in Egypt which were a world apart such as the Four Seasons, Sensatori, Concorde El Salam, Baron Resort and Hilton Waterfalls.

My advice sick to Sharm and avoid Taba Heights altogether.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David342

Dear David342
Many thanks for posting your review regarding yuor recent holiday with us. Although we are disappointed that you did not have a great experience, we are grateful for your feedback, no matter how candid. I have shared your review with our team and you will pleased to know that we have re-inforced our policy regarding associates using the public bathrooms. Although it seems that most of your gripes are more to do with the excursions that you booked, we note your comments regarding the hotel and the experience you had and will make every effort to ensure that future guests dont have the same problems, and please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. We do hope that you will visit us again so that we can prove to you our capabilities of providing a great holiday. In the meantime, we wish you a pleasant summer!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

if george sees this who stayed from 23rd to 30th of july with brother called tom please get in contact.
we found this hotel very good as it was just a relaxing holiday. the jetti's were good as we saw lots of fish like: stingray, clown, trigger and many more! the sae was choppy on one day but still able to snorkell. I and my daughter (mum) went as just us and found the hotel very safe, one of the nights we were able to go into town on the bus which comes to the hotels of which they did not pest on us and it was actually very quiet! My daughter has food allergies to wheat and gluten so the resteraunt manager bought some flour and made her wheat free bread every day and made speacial desserts which we are grateful for. The room was always clean. the food was good we stayed for one week and we had no problems with it. the only downfall of the hotel was the entertainment as there wasn't any so souldnt reccomend for teens.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Dollysuzette

Dear Dollysuzette
Hello from sunny Taba Heigts! Many thanks for posting your recent review, we are thrilled that you had a great experience. We do have evening entertainment and a nightly disco, but certainly we are not a big lively resort like other resorts in the Sinai, the quiet and peacful atmosphere which you mention is one of the things that makes us different from other tourist resorts. All the amazing fish and staff also send their regards and look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Wishing you a great summer!