“real value for money”

The Bayview Taba Heights Resort
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is our 5th time to the Marriott Taba Heights which is private resort beside the beach and surrounded by large mountains hence the name. The weather at the end of March is great we had breakfast lunch and dinner outside.The staff are excellent hardworking and always so keen to be o help. We went all inclusive for the first time this year and enjoyed the cold drinks from the beach bar along with salad lunches and nice local white with our evening meal.
The food in the main restaurent has to cater for twenty different nationalities so is a running buffet but you can always find something nice to eat the fruit and veg are always good.
If you want to relax in the sun, enjoy swimming diving or golf in a stress free environment then this could be just the place for you.or you could spend 3 times more and travel twice as far.and do exactly the same thing

Room Tip: we like take an ipod dock, talk to the staff and try to learn a few arab terms all will enhance your...

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have to say we were looking forward to the holiday and on the outside it seemed very good but feel that because they have only been doing all inclusive for 8 months I think they have a lot to learn. The room 427 was quite comfortable,well decorated with functional bathroom but had fantastic access to the beach,about 50ft from front of building. The swimming pool was large and believe unheated so a little chilly the sea was warmer. The staff in the main restaurant were mostly attentive with a good sense if humour, upstairs in the Tuscany restaurant they were not as attentive and we were often forgotten for drinks and table clearing. Food very much the same most days chicken plus a recycle of previous days food but as I said they've been doing it 8 months only. Everywhere seemed to be clean and everyone was friendly. Beach good. Weather very good.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Having been to Taba Heights many times I had developed a walk-around knowledge of all the hotels, however during a two week visit in January I went to the Marriott, almost daily to see someone special. I loved my visits and when asked "why don't you stay here?" There was no good reason not to, I am just so pleased I did. From my welcome at Reception to Check out, I would have changed nothing. Let me tell you why - first basics then people.
My room was spacious, the bed incredibly comfortable and was literally on the beach, with veranda doors open, the sound of the sea is special. The public areas are extensive and from Reception to Terraces, Pools, Dining Room, Beach and Regatta Bars they are all spotless and very well staffed. On both the Beach and around the Pools the sunbeds are comfortable and well spaced, both areas are served by either the Beach Bar or Grotto, both fun. Although not greatly active I admire those that are, stretching, aqua aerobics, dance lessons from belly to latino to Zumba all led with enthusiasm and great good humour by Eman the hotel's animation professional. The program changes and includes Arabic lessons, beach volleyball, petanque and water polo. The Main Dining Room - Andalus fascinated me, not just because I enjoyed the food, extensive buffets at breakfast, Lunch and dinner, but by the sheer unobtrusive efficiency of the staff, service was excellent and cheerful. So what of the evenings? The Regatta Bar is, in my view, the best night spot in Taba Heights and, believe me, I have seen them all. Drinks service, both here and on the Terrace, is both overseen and delivered my Mohamed, I don't think I have ever seen anyone move so fast and what a memory! He leads a great team. Seating is either in grouped lounge chairs or to three sides of a central bar servery. It is both comfortable and welcoming. Entertainment is in the hands of DJ Mahmoud who plays great music both reflecting and at times challenging guests of many nationalities. Kids disco at 8 starts the evening, enjoyed by kids and parents alike, then from about 9ish it kicks off with dancing and shows, the Regatta Bar has a great atmosphere and, if you want life, its the place to be. By yourself, you won't be lonely.
All the public areas are stylish and comfortable and wherever you are service is faultless. The reason is simple, the management team manage by example, I first spotted this in Andalus, it was busy at breakfast and three of the management team were showing guests to tables or clearing them - so no delays. Whenever things got busy this happened.
I stayed on all-inclusive terms, I neither ate nor drank more than I would normally but it really is just so convenient and I thought my whole holiday great value.
Taba Heights is a delightful quiet resort with great beaches and unrivalled snorkelling and diving.
I am just so pleased I accepted the suggestion to stay at The Marriott, I enjoyed every moment, will I go back? Just as soon as I can.

Room Tip: If you can do, go for a beach front room - the width of a pathway and you are on the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank BirthdayBoy62
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Marriott, Taba Heights, the second time we have been. Lovely hotel, big rooms and large comfortable beds. Staff could not do enough for us. We went all inclusive and this was definitely the right decision. Weather was glorious and it was very relaxing. There was also the opportunity to do trips if you wanted to. Beach and pool also good. Will definitely be going back a third time.

2  Thank Glynis N
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Our last stay to Egypt was at the Hilton in Sharm El Sheik and was perfect and so we were looking forward to more of the same. However, we were rather disappointed. The hotel was not 5* by any standards and was certainly not all inclusive.

There was just one restaurant to eat from as an all inclusive guest and the food was very much of the same each day but with a different name being given to it. If you wanted lunch at the beach bar this had to be paid for as did ice creams or drinks in the lobby bar. There were no snacks to be had outside of the breakfast, lunch and dinner times apart from a very poor ham roll and chips in the grotto bar.

What really let it down for us was that we arrived at 2.30am on the Sunday morning but on our final Saturday evening, were told that we would have to pay for dinner. That makes my calculations of paying for 7 nights all inclusive but receiving only 6.

Saying that, the staff were second to none and could not have looked after us any better.

1  Thank atfran132
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Stayed at the Marriot after reading about it on Trip Advisor; absolutely delighted with what we found.
The most comfortable bed I have ever slept on; fantastic staff; brilliant location; great weather; freedom to walk around without hassle; a most relaxing break.
Used the Spa facility and had wonderful massages and treatments.
Couldn't recommend highly enough - We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Room facing the pool on the ground floor - handy for everything but not noisy or overlooked
3  Thank foxartmary
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Having booked a 5* All Inclusive holiday it was fair to say we were VERY excited about our holiday but some small, petty things really let it down.
The hotel was lovely, the pool and beach beautiful, rooms were lovely and clean and the majority of the staff were friendly. The thing that let the holiday down was the restaurant service, food and the fact it wasn’t really all inclusive.

The food was to put politely quite boring, it seemed to be the same each day with no real variety. The drinks were severed in tiny little glasses which didn’t last long and it was a job trying to get a re-fill from the waiters. They seemed to be very unorganised and completely terrified of the restaurant manager! They were extremely stingy with their bottles of water, and wouldn’t give you one for the table, only fill your tiny glass up, so it was very frustrating.

There were no pool side snacks - if you were hungry you couldn't order a sandwich/chips or anything, you had to wait until 4pm to receive a ham roll!

This hotels all inclusive doesn’t include.....any meals in the A la carte restaurant, snacks/drinks from the lobby cafe, ice cream (which was really expensive to buy, even though it was just a scoop in a plastic cup!), wifi, re-fills of tea and coffee in your room...you even had to pay to play pool!

We went to the hotel next door The Sofitel, which was lovely. The food and service were much nicer and we actually ended up walking over there quite a lot! If you're planning to visit Taba heights, I'd suggest you look into the Sofitel, if I ever returned, I would definitely stay there instead.

Room Tip: Stay in the Sofitel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lucy F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
U Suites Eilat
#10 of 61 in Eilat
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to The Bayview Taba Heights Resort? Share your experiences!