I booked a package holiday with Olympic Holidays UK, flight, Marriott Hotel Taba, taxi transfers and agent representation ha! what A SICK JOKE..............No taxi waiting at Taba airport to take me to the hotel and no Rep. When I did eventually get to the Marriott via Thomsons holiday shuttle coach they had difficulty finding my booking but was eventually sorted my luck the hotel was not full. Managed to trace my Rep who was full of excuses for the failures and left his cell number but un-contactable - utterly useless. Lucky for me my taxi arrived on my return two weeks later to take me back to Taba Airport as I was wondering whether it would or not. Contacted Olympic by special delivery letter on my return to UK to express my disgust on the way I had been treated but received no reply. First and definitely last time I will use Olympic UK so heed my warning and pass them by !
The Taba area is lovely and has unspoilt beautiful beaches blue sea the perfect place for a complete chill out in the warm/hot sunshine or snorkelling if you prefer something more active plenty of fish around and one does not have to swim out very far in fact walk a few metres into the sea and there are fish in abundance.
Marriott hotel definitely not a 5 star but reasonable 4 star. Facilities in the hotel not great. Restaurant a bit hit and miss empty food trays not replaced quick enough, long waits for ordering and receiving drinks, tables not cleared quick enough or not laid with adequate clean cutlery etc reason not enough staff and the ones that were there worked jolly hard. Beach beds have seen better days and certainly need replacing. Have to compliment housekeeping as Mohammed did a superb job of cleaning my beach front room (upgrade its worth the money). Beauty and spa excellent if not a bit over priced. Remembering I was in Egypt and not in Monte Carlo then I would say that the Marriott is without a doubt good value for the money paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bayview Taba Heights Resort ideal for families as well as couples, with a variety of water activities, heated pool and spas and dining options. Lush gardens and waterfalls cascading down onto swimming pools are the background to this majestic resort. Enjoy a variety of cuisines and distinctly unique restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Bayview Taba Heights Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taba Heights Marriott Beach Hotel Taba
- Marriott Taba Heights
- Taba Marriott
- Marriott Beach Resort Taba