“Like it)”
Review of Sol Taba Red Sea

Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I've been in many hotels in Egypt,but sonesta beach resort taba was awesome!Rooms,food,animation were great!Special thanks for personal,they always keep smiling and helpful!And about Moment Bazaar:u will always find all u need here,the best wishes for Mohamed-U helped make our holiday best!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank alltaba
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear alltaba

Thank you for this lovely review , it is our honor to find that our staff helped making your vacation a good one , we hope to be always up to your expectations . See you soon at our resort

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We were there in september 2012 for 1 month. First impressions were really good and we were impressed with both the size and cleanliness of the room. We were disappointed that most trips had been cancelled due to troubles in Egypt. The hotel was in a very pitoresque place but also isolated with nowhere to walk to outside. We had wanted a relaxing beach holiday so this did not concern us too much. We also found that due to the low season, the hotel was not full and therefore some restaurants and bars had been closed. However, we still had two to choose from. The food was very good and I want to give a compliment to the executive chef from the kitchen Mahmoud Tayea or Taia. What made the holiday so fantastic was the combination of a beautiful beach surrounded by mountains, peace and tranquility, which we may not have got if it was peak season, and the hotel staff. From managers through to cleaners, we were treated brilliantly. The staff could not do enough for us and went out of their way to ensure we had the most perfect holiday. Which I have to say they succeeded, we had great company and conversation in the evenings from staff and were treated like celebrities at all times. I can recommend this hotel for its outstanding service and cannot fault the staff. If it's a quiet, relaxing beach holiday with good company in the evenings you want then I highly recommend this hotel. I will be returning in September 2013 when possible .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Herman M

Dear Herman M,

It is our honor that our Sonesta Team helped in making your vacation a good one , we will pass on your nice comments to the staff , I am sure they will be very happy and we are waiting for you in September

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We spent 2 weeks over christmas & new year here & loved it.
We had a lovely room but it faced away from the sun so we upgraded to a suite which was absolutely lovely. It over looked the beach & the view was spectacular.
The rooms are clean & spacious & well looked after by our room boy Romany.
The Palmira restaurant was bright & spacious serving an assortment of foods to suit all tastes.
The chefs Mahmoud & his team did a wonderful job every day but even more so in making the food for new years eve party.
As the hotel was not full some of the restaurants were not open but this is to be expected & was not a problem to us.
The main lobby area or piano bar is nice to spend evenings where Ahmed & Mostafa kept us well served.
There is a disco (Ramisis) which is also used for evening entertainment by the animation team.
The beach is beautiful. The sea was shallow but you can swim out farther out to a reef with wonderful sea life. The beach boys did a great job keeping it all tidy....even doing towel art on our sunbeds.
Unfortunately i was taken ill on christmas day & was taken care of in the hotels clinic. The Dr was brilliant in making me well & even visiting me in my room the day after & contacting me regularly to check on my health.
The Food & beverage manager Yasser & assistant manager Adel was so helpful during this time in making sure we had all we needed....a special thank - you to them.
We did attempt to use the spa but as it was just opening it was damp , smelly & un organised so we didnt bother but we did pedicures & hair cut in the hotels salon shop which was very good.
This is a lovely hotel for relaxing as you have everything you need in one place & we will definately be returning.
Thank -you to all the staff for such a wonderful holiday !

Room Tip: room with even numbers in the winter as they get the sun.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear loversofthesun ,

Thank you for this nice detailed review , I have send your nice comments to the staff in Taba and I am sure they will be very happy , we hope to host you again soon at our resort

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I travelled alone on a last minute deal to the hotel. All the staff went out there way to make me feel very comfortable and happy. The hotel is fantastic, the rooms perfect and the food great. I am a veggi and had a great selection each meal time. The hotel is directly on the beach and immaculately clean and runs smoothly. The animation team kept guests entertain well. Special thanks to deputy manager Adel, garrah, ibrahim, Mohamed, moustafa, Essam, tamer, wael to name but a few. The team moody, Mara and Tito. I did some diving with gamel and used the spa with special thanks to Eslam and sherif. My holiday was made extra special with the two great lads in moment bazaar on the beach, Yoniss and loka great guys had lots of time and knowledge of the area, plenty of great gifts at very good prices. If Yoniss didn't have something you need he would get it for you no trouble. I will recommend to all my friends and family and visit sonesta beach very soon. My Egyptian family. Thank you for the best holiday in my life. Perfect

Room Tip: I had sea and garden view room 2019 loved this room but the sun was not on the balcony any part of t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have just returned from 3 weeks holiday in Sonesta beach I booked for 2 weeks but stayed an
extra week because I enjoyed it so much.
On arrival at the hotel I was shaken but not stirred by the wonderfull warm reception I recieved. I was escorted to my room by a very freindly porter who spoke excellent English, the room was of ample proportion with ajoining bathroom and balcony which was on the sunny side of the hotel with a view of the sea and in the distance the colourfull mountains of Soudi Arabia. The room was cleaned twice a day by the very professional cleaning staff who usualy left a strange creacher on the bed made up of towels etc.
The food in the varied restaurant was cooked to a very high standard of good quality, there was a good selection of meat and fish with lots of varying vegetables, potatoes and rice. The salad section was always so very fresh with a good selection accompanied by lots of different home cooked bread, and the pudding table you had to be careful of as it would be very easy to put on a few extra pounds !
The restaurant manager Garrah and the food and beverage manager Adel wre both extremley freindly and helpful nothing was to much trouble.
On the beach the beds and towels were of good quality and clean and attended to by helpul staff.
As to other activities is a place to go to to just chill out and relax and be entertained by the very hard working animation team who amused us in different ways, my favorite was Tito who i developed a close bond with like father and son.
I kept my self busy most days fishing but often there were so many differant kinds of fish and I had only one rod that I couldnt catch them all.
All in all it was a wonderful experiance could not fault the place in any way, cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: The rooms with even numbers face the sun, but in high season when its hot maybee better in the shade...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2013

just came back after spending xmas there, hotel really beautiful but a little shabby in some places, rooms could do with a little tlc, but this doesnt spoil your holiday as the staff more than make up for this. dont normally write these reviews but i feel that i have to do this as i feel if the hotel dont do anything about these hotel reviews then i feel that the hotel is in jeopardy.
As i said cant fault the hotel and staff but the food was AWFUL, Repeated food day in day out and on some occassions left overs were deffinately served the next day. My husband and i were ill after our stay which was a shame as we were so looking forward to our stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jj4v
Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Me my wife and son went for Xmas and new year this was a wonderful holiday, garrah the restaurant manager was amazin all the staff are lovely, beach is amazin, hotel is nice and clean, we loved the shop on beach we got on very well with loka loca.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Ciao Nuweiba Hotel
#10 of 15 in Nuweiba
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!