“Just returned from my 2nd home!!”
Review of Sol Taba Red Sea

Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have just returned from the Sonesta, I have lost count how many times I have been there but it must be over 30!! The hotel was quiet but I think this is the case across Egypt at the moment. The service you get from all the staff is second to none. Nothing is too much trouble whatever you require the staff will do their best to meet your needs.
I was also very upset to read the "Queen of Sonesta" review, I really do not understand why this woman has wrote this. I know the General Manager Zakaria and he is doing a first class job. I think the "Queen" has been very unfair in what she wrote. I think Zakaria has standards he needs to meet, and us being guests expect to find.
I think if you read the reviews you will see there are guests that return time and time again, I think this speaks volumes on the standard on offer.
I would say if you want a lovely hotel, super staff, wonderful beach and a relaxing time I would say the Sonesta is the place for you!! I quite often travel on my own, and I must say as a woman on her own I feel 100% safe here which is extremely important to me.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms face the pool and the sea. I am sure if you emailed the hotel they would put you in a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Sol Taba Red Sea

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was with a great deal of sadness that we read the vindictive diatribe of the self styled "Queen of Sonesta" namely Mandy in respect of Sonesta Beach. We are here at Sonesta once more and it is again fantastic. Surely the object of putting in a report in respect of a hotel is to describe the hotel, its facilities and the way the staff look after the guests, not to be personal about people correctly doing their job in dealing with staff in breach of their job description. We have visited the hotel over 30 times, staying 4 weeks at a time, and have the experience of 4 different Managers and so we speak with much knowledge about the management of Sonesta. The hiring and firing of staff is entirely a matter for Management and it is not something that guests should be involved with. Our present Manager Zacharia is superb, with all staff and guests and he respects all who work for him. The Chef Mahmoud is excellent and the food and drink is amazing. Every single member of staff are fantastic and just cannot do enough for the guests. Garrah, who is in charge of Food and Beverage is brilliant and doing a wonderful job, as are the rest of the Food and Beverage staff. These are very difficult times for tourism in Egypt, but here at Sonesta Beach, we have Christian and Muslim staff working together very happily and are best of friends. At Sonesta Beach you are at one of the safest places on earth and it really is Paradise. The scenery is amazing. We have the Sinai mountains directly on our door step. The hotel has its own private sandy beach by the Red Sea facing Saudi Arabia. There is a Coral Reef almost within walking distance into the sea at the Hotel, and the snorkling is excellent. This is not to mention the wall to wall sunshine every day. What more could you want.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear hazhozacox,

Thank you for your fair opinion about the resort and about the staff , it is really our pleasure to see how our guests are loyal and keep coming back again to our resort , be sure we will always do our best to keep you satisfied

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel located virtually in the middle of nowhere. However, if you are like me, more interested in a relaxing beach holiday, the location didn't bother me. Took an excursion to Cairo one day, very interesting and a must.
Staff very friendly, rooms very clean, food very similar each day but was lovely.
I will return!

• Stayed: September 2012
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

KerryD8686

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back soon again

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Last week we took one week off to go to the Sonesta Beach Resort in Tabe, Egypt. Excellent hotel to rest and enjoy the views. Food was ok, perhaps to little chose but this was because there were not many people in the hotel. Overall accomodation was good. Rooms are clean! Animation team was great!! Had a lot of funny moments with those guys.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laetitia B

Dear Laetitia B,

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your one week vacation and you liked our hotel and specially the entertainment .

Reviewed 20 June 2013

My friend and I booked to stay here for 7 nights. I have been to Egypt twice before (stayed in sharm), so I knew what to expect, and I was aware that 5*, is not always 5* in Egypt. Upon arrival we were greeted with a very dated reception area, that made it seem dark and dingy. We were given a room with a double bed, and told one of us could have the sofa bed. The food was not 5* standard, and sadly there was not a good selection, often looked inedible. The pool area was awful with broken sun beds, uneven shabby concrete surrounding the pool which made it dangerous and looked awful. There were large rounded dips in the concrete which had visible pipes showing. The white plastic bordering surrounding the pool was all broken. There was no pool bar. The beach was dirty with rubbish. The sea was not very nice. You looked left and you saw derelict buildings, you looked right you saw the same. The beach bar snacks consisted of croissants from breakfast, and drinks were coke, lemonade, beer or water from a filter. Staff did not know what a cocktail was in the main restaurant area. The piano bar which was advertised as serving snacks and cocktails , was not open. We complained and voiced our upset and on a more positive note the staff were helpful and the manager was understanding.
We felt that it was a very very poor standard, it needed to be knocked down and rebuilt in all honesty. It was so dismal we chose to leave after 2 nights and headed to the Marriott, which was beautiful.
I'm sorry to say this but I feel it's only fair on others who are considering this hotel, but to avoid disappointment do not book. For similar prices or a little bit more you can stay at taba heights which have nicer hotels, a beautiful beach with great snorkelling.
I feel for the staff who did try and convince us to stay, they were very kind and helpful but unfortunately I will never return and this hotel actually up me off coming to Egypt again

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam r
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear sam r,

We do appreciate your review and both your positive and negative points , I talked to the front office manager and he told me that you did not liked the food and that they offered you a special Italian meal as per your request and that they did their best to satisfy you but unfortunately you left to the Marriott . As for the beach , I am really surprised that you did not like it , our beach is one of the best in this area . I am sorry you did not like the accommodation at our hotel and thank you again for taking the time to post this review

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We booked this hotel by accident, we thought we were going to Sonesta Beach in Sharm el Sheikh (because we've been there before and we knew it was a nice hotel), but we booked to Sonesta Beach in Taba. But this was much better than Sharm el Sheikh! If you come for a relaxing holiday, you're here on the right place.

From Taba we made a trip to Jeruzalem, but you can also go to Petra.

The staff and the service was very very good! They helped us with everything and especially Garrah and Adel have given us a great week that we will never forget! The animation team was also really nice.

Thank you for the amazing week and greetings from Holland!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

dear stefanie p

Thank you for sharing this lovely review with others , I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that we contributed in making your vacation a memorable one , hope to host you again soon at our resort

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel had a very good atmosphere. We were here for two weeks and every day was fantastic.
The service in the hotel is very good and we liked to snorkel in the sea in front of the hotel.
From Taba you can visit a lot of interesting places like Jerusalem or Petra.

We enjoyed our holiday and want to thank the staff of Sonesta.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stefanie p
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear stefanie p

Thank you for your lovely review , we are happy you liked the service and accommodation and waiting t o host you soon again at our resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
#1 of 15 in Nuweiba
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
El Wekala Resort, Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!