“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Bangalore
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had been there in Sonesta and i would say it was a great time and i never forgot the stay there till my last breathe. One side of the Hotel is Mount Sinai and other side is Red Sea. A very good place to spend sometime... We liked the food, and the room. It is very spacious and lot of open space to walk and enjoy. Morning we went to the beach and and sun rise was amazing... I dont have much words to say. Hotel Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is facing the beach :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Ammuz

Thank you for this lovely review , we are always happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had memorable time at our resort , we hope to host you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hi all.
Normally I don't writ any review but I was very concern before I arrive to the hotel as review wasn't to good . But when I arrived to the hotel I find very different pictures far completely from the review which I read before I arrived staff very very very helpful they just wanna make you happy and enjoying your time room very clean beech oh my god or the view from the room is just perfect I can't believe what I saw all the time the hotel manger Mr Zakria very nice gentleman you see him all the time moving making sure every thing in the right place Evan in sometime you see him work with cleaner show them how it has to be done really very scaled manger in my view if all the hotel management do the same I promise that all red sea hotels will be the top holidays resort . Me my wife and our sone had very good experience in this hotel as I said I travel every single school holiday to Red Sea but this the first hotel make us feel We are home very impressive. Also the beech boys they just very good every day we go to the beech to find all the towel is waiting for us by the beech with nice smile and flower in table and most of the time making nice art with the towel . I will advice all my friend and family to go there .Food was very nice and in some point we did ask the the kitchen to make different kind of food they still meet you with nice smile and do it for you if I wanna write about this hotel will need one day to gave them what they deserve if you really looking to spend good time in between the sea and mountain so that's the place to go in all We loved it . I would like to take this chance to thank all the staff ,reception,kitchen,beech boys and the good management .
Very good keep up the good work .

• Stayed October 2013
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Karim2005

Thank you for writing this review ,we really appreciate it specially that you are not used to write reviews , we are very happy you had a great time with your wife and we will pass on your nice words to all the staff and the general manager in order to encourage them , I am sure they will be delighted . Waiting for your second visit in the near future
ascot
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We wont ever forget the unique amazing holiday experience which we had at Sonesta made by the dedicated member of staff who work there. We want to mention Meena from reception a very enthusiastic and professional on helping the guest, the chef Mahmoud and F&B manager Garrah, who every day are checking the operation of their departments regarding to the guest needs. We had an great fun time with all the staff members from all departments, very friendly and helpful. all the facilities was very good, also the position of the hotel seated between the mountains and the red sea is just wonderful. We had some day trips at St Catherine Monastery is two hours away from hotel, and Jerusalem one day trip.
We would like to thank to Mr. Zacharia Naiem the General Manager and his team, who make our stay perfect!

The crazy English Couple who make you always laugh!
Tom & Maria

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Tomaria2013

Thank you for your review , we are happy our staff contributed in making your vacation a memorable one , I will make sure to pass your nice comments to all the team . Waiting for your next visit soon
Surrey, England
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have just returned from the Sonesta, I have lost count how many times I have been there but it must be over 30!! The hotel was quiet but I think this is the case across Egypt at the moment. The service you get from all the staff is second to none. Nothing is too much trouble whatever you require the staff will do their best to meet your needs.
I was also very upset to read the "Queen of Sonesta" review, I really do not understand why this woman has wrote this. I know the General Manager Zakaria and he is doing a first class job. I think the "Queen" has been very unfair in what she wrote. I think Zakaria has standards he needs to meet, and us being guests expect to find.
I think if you read the reviews you will see there are guests that return time and time again, I think this speaks volumes on the standard on offer.
I would say if you want a lovely hotel, super staff, wonderful beach and a relaxing time I would say the Sonesta is the place for you!! I quite often travel on my own, and I must say as a woman on her own I feel 100% safe here which is extremely important to me.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms face the pool and the sea. I am sure if you emailed the hotel they would put you in a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Howden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was with a great deal of sadness that we read the vindictive diatribe of the self styled "Queen of Sonesta" namely Mandy in respect of Sonesta Beach. We are here at Sonesta once more and it is again fantastic. Surely the object of putting in a report in respect of a hotel is to describe the hotel, its facilities and the way the staff look after the guests, not to be personal about people correctly doing their job in dealing with staff in breach of their job description. We have visited the hotel over 30 times, staying 4 weeks at a time, and have the experience of 4 different Managers and so we speak with much knowledge about the management of Sonesta. The hiring and firing of staff is entirely a matter for Management and it is not something that guests should be involved with. Our present Manager Zacharia is superb, with all staff and guests and he respects all who work for him. The Chef Mahmoud is excellent and the food and drink is amazing. Every single member of staff are fantastic and just cannot do enough for the guests. Garrah, who is in charge of Food and Beverage is brilliant and doing a wonderful job, as are the rest of the Food and Beverage staff. These are very difficult times for tourism in Egypt, but here at Sonesta Beach, we have Christian and Muslim staff working together very happily and are best of friends. At Sonesta Beach you are at one of the safest places on earth and it really is Paradise. The scenery is amazing. We have the Sinai mountains directly on our door step. The hotel has its own private sandy beach by the Red Sea facing Saudi Arabia. There is a Coral Reef almost within walking distance into the sea at the Hotel, and the snorkling is excellent. This is not to mention the wall to wall sunshine every day. What more could you want.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear hazhozacox,

Thank you for your fair opinion about the resort and about the staff , it is really our pleasure to see how our guests are loyal and keep coming back again to our resort , be sure we will always do our best to keep you satisfied
Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel located virtually in the middle of nowhere. However, if you are like me, more interested in a relaxing beach holiday, the location didn't bother me. Took an excursion to Cairo one day, very interesting and a must.
Staff very friendly, rooms very clean, food very similar each day but was lovely.
I will return!

• Stayed September 2012
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sol Taba Red Sea, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
KerryD8686

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back soon again
Dilbeek, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Last week we took one week off to go to the Sonesta Beach Resort in Tabe, Egypt. Excellent hotel to rest and enjoy the views. Food was ok, perhaps to little chose but this was because there were not many people in the hotel. Overall accomodation was good. Rooms are clean! Animation team was great!! Had a lot of funny moments with those guys.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laetitia B
Dear Laetitia B,

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you enjoyed your one week vacation and you liked our hotel and specially the entertainment .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
Nuweiba Coral Resort
#2 of 15 in Nuweiba
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
El Wekala Resort, Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!