“totally exceeded my expectations.”
Review of Sol Taba Red Sea

Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 17 November 2010

well here i am again, after visiting my favorite hotel in taba.sonesta beach, having visited this hotel many times, my family decided to see why i rave about this place so much and decided to come with me. i e.mailed the hotel to let them know i was coming with them and they went out of their way to make sure that we all had a brilliant time.
from the greeting to saying goodbye, we all were incredibly impressed by the level of service we received. Daif, John and Sherif on reception made sure everyday that everything was ok with rooms, and if we needed anything we just had to ask, we needed extra pillows and it took minutes to get them, brilliant service, breakfast and dinner were wonderful every night, we all ate far too much, but all the dinning room staff were fantastic especially garrah and tamer. the food in the bluefish is excellent quality all cooked fresh as you want it, although the jelly is smelly (garrah knows what i mean)
This time as i went with my family we deciced to take advantage of the amenities and excursions on offer, we did the submarine, great for all the family, i cant swim so for me it was great to see what my family was seeing everyday when they went snorkelling. we were really lucky to see turtles this time, amazing.
we also had a great day on the quad bikes, very dusty, so wear old clothes, but great to see the rugged mountains up close. Some of us went scuba diving, my husband was really nervous, but he need,nt have worried as it was one to one and had someone with him the whole time. he cant wait to do it again.
most of our evenings were very quiet, drinking in the bars, smoking shisha, and looking at the stars which are amazing, we visited the bedouin camp a few times as the stars here are even better due to the darkness.
My suite that i was given was incredible, fantastic veiws over the red sea, fresh linen each day with the most fantastic towel sculptures, my housekeeper knocked on my door a few times with fresh vases of flowers for our room, nice little touches that make you feel really special, even adel the pool guy put flowers by the loungers for us too.
the annimation team kept our teenagers occupied everyday with allsorts of activities going on, and they havn,t stopped going on about how much of a brilliant time they had whilst they were there and cant wait to go back.
Overall the holiday was restful but fun with the most fantastic service and freindly staff, my family were amazed at the level of standards there, with the whole holiday and cant wait to go back.
It realy is a great retreat if you truly want to relax, i cant beleive that this hotel is not in the brochures, but that is not a problem, you can e.mail them on [--], and they will even arrange for you to be collected at the airport, my advice is if you realy want to relax and unwind, go there, dont think, just do it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank queenmandy

Reviewed 3 November 2010

Hi my Lovely Sonesta, i just wanna let you know that i miss you so much and all the time what i spent there since i come first time to reception was excellent. The first nice thing was Lobby, its really clean,beautiful and comfortable. What's more, the restaurant and meal was absolutly normal and tasty and the stuff absolutly friendly.The servis was respekting us and helping with every small things. I can't say anything against it. Also Bistro Bar was nice to sit, chill and drink after lunch,which you can have also in Oasis Bar at swimming pool.
In the evening we could go to Fatoush to chill and drink with music to wait for the animation program which surpised us with a different kinds of show every night.

The best from all holiday was Animation Team, they were all time funny and good organized in a work during the day, they take care of all kind of guests there, wherever who are they coming from, even if they dont speak their language. They are really kind and sometimes patient about our needs. The names of the team are Mavoo, Badoo, Ellie, Cono, Vio, Mega.

This holiday was fantastic for me and If you wanna make holiday in Sonesta, ask especially about the animation team, cause these are the only people which can show you the way to spent your holiday nice and funny even if you would like to be a lazy. It's no problem with them.

We gonna return again on Christmas, cause they told us that in Christmas its gonna be nice atmosphere for us.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juttah_10
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I'm not usually one for writing reviews in fact this is the 1st that I have ever wrote so please bear with me,I booked this hotel after looking at many in Egypt including Sharm.
I was "NOT" dissapointed ! I have stayed at many hotels and must say this is by far the best I have ever stayed at, yes some people say that the food can be repetative but when you are staying for 2 weeks that's just how it is no matter where you stay.
We were greeted on out 1st night by the hotel manager Mr.Mohammed who asked me what I would like from my holiday ? I replied plenty of sun !! he guaranteed it for 2 weeks and guess what ? he was right .He also promised me that if there was "anything" that we needed, to speak to him or his staff and it would be sorted , again true to his word. What do I talk about next ? the rooms were cleaned every day including towel and bedding change by our wonderful cleaner Mohammed who amazed our children with his art of bed lined sculpture which included Cobra's, Swans, Boats to name just a few.All of the staff at this hotel are so polite and helpful and are fantastic with children.At this stage I must mention some special people that we met and made this holiday so wondeful, Ellie from the kids club, she is amazing with the children, Kaka from Animation ( top lad but needs a hair cut, I did offer but he refused only joking mate) Jimmy from Animation,Mustapher,Jitka,Mavo from Animation ,Essam, Shady, Adel from the Blue Fish, Boratt, Garrah,aplogies to anyone I may have missed.There is one person I must give a special mention to as he made my my wifes, mine and childrens time at Sonesta Beach so special and something we will never forget, this is Baddu, my son and daughter found a new best friend as did I and although we have now been back almost a week the little ones rally miss him (Baddu Calum & Naimh said hello and miss you x) not more I can say apart from please go to this hotel the beach and pools are beautiful, Mr Hakeem the general manager goes out of his way to say hello and as you can imagine he must be a very busy man, but this never stops him. well done Mr Mohammed and Mr Hakeem the hotel and staff are a credit to you and the way you run it, see you soon, Wayne,Dolores,Calum and Niamh x

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Sadly not a great hotel

Where to start.....?

I would say a lot of the reviews on this site are fair.

The occupancy of this hotel is probably about 75% Russian and they probably are the rudest race of people that I have ever had the misfortune to come across. They don't tend to 'speak' to the staff (or anyone else for that matter) they bark, they seem incapable of using the words please or thank you and do not understand the concept of queuing which made the waiters serve them first irrespective of whether they were first or not, this was most annoying.

Whilst pitched as a 5 star this hotel is more like a 3 star. The surfaces in the communal areas were very dirty/sticky and could do with a thorough spring clean. Our room was not so bad and didn't suffer from the broke tiles etc that have been reported by others.

Breakfast was the best meal of the day and the crepes were very nice indeed. Lunch was appalling and the food was cold most of the time. They put cling film over the bowls when the food is first brought out but as soon as the people start serving themselves they are left open and flies are constantly landing on the food. Whilst it can’t be helped it’s very unhygienic. Dinner was definitely much better in the Blue Fish but sadly very repetitive and often not hot enough. There was no mention that wine was only served with dinner and they had obviously been told to be very frugal when supplying it. We were told by one of the guests that she had been told that she had already had three and would be getting no more. All of the locally produced drinks taste the same and have a strange after taste.

The waiters however are a very pleasant bunch as is the animation team. Special mention would need to be given to Essam the waiter in the Blue Fish, Ali the towel guy on the beach, Ahmed the waiter at the top pool and Jimbo in Animation.

We had been told for the two days leading up to our departure that it was likely we could pay to keep our room a little longer and that we needed to come back at 10am on day of departure. However when we (and another couple) arrived in reception we were told that they were full to capacity and there would be no chance of this. It was ridiculous that they didn't seem to realise that they could use the rooms of the people that would be arriving much later on as we personally only required the room for half an hour at 4pm. Following a very challenging conversation we were told we could use the shower in the spa area which turned out to be a shower attachment in the corner of the room where men were milling around. My husband pointed out that this was wholly inappropriate for his wife and they asked why I couldn't shower in my bikini. I can just imagine the Egyptian men allowing their women to do this. Eventually the guy at reception said we 'could' use a room but we had to be very quick.

This was our fourth visit to Egypt and we have always had a good time so please don’t be fooled into thinking that we were unaware of Egypt and the standard of their hotels, this is just a pretty shoddy one. Would we return to this hotel? Absolutely not!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I went with three girlfriends for a chill out week in the sun. We had a lovely time and we all felt cosseted by the friendly staff at this beautifully situated hotel. It was well worth a little extra to upgrade to superior rooms with a balcony overlooking the pool and the sea. Nothing was too much trouble and we would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a week in the sun for a relaxing time.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

If you are looking for a resort with guaranteed fabulous, efficient and friendly staff, cleanliness, value for money, good food and a healthy variety on the entertainment front then look no further than the Sonesta Beach Resort. Rarely have I been to a resort where the British were revered to the point that we all felt like Queens. (we were four girlfriends seeking some sun and relaxation) We did upgrade to the Ultra package which allowed us some additional priviliges on top of the usual "all inclusive" but I believe we would have had the same exceptional treatment regardless of our pink wristbands. We found the Cliff Top restaurant and its excellent staff great for breakfast and lunch. Ahmed the "towel guy" laid out our sunbeds around the Clifftop pool (quieter than the main pool) every day and even adorned the tables with Bougainvillea! The other Ahmed who looked after the bar was in constant attendance with mineral water (honest!) and the Adel the exceptional Assistant Catering Manager arranged for us to have a meal of choice at the Blue Fish restaurant on our last night.
This was my third visit to Egypt and my expectations were low. They have been completely overturned. Fabulous!!

1  Thank HeatherWilde
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Have just spent a week at the Sonesta Beach it was money well spent, the staff were all so helpfull nothing was to much trouble. If you go all inclusive I would recomend you upgrade to the "ultra all inclusive" this gives you access to all the resaurants at no extra charge and also allows you to have wine at any time not just at meals. Eat in the blue fish restaurant at night and the cliff top restaurant for breakfast and lunch. If you want to be treated like a VIP all you have to do is smile, be happy and remember to say please and thank you (lots of people don't believe it or not), It was a lovely relaxing holiday sun and fun all the way, we will definitely be going back again. Jan J

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
#1 of 15 in Nuweiba
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights
El Wekala Resort, Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!