“Service with a smile :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sol Taba Red Sea

Sol Taba Red Sea
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Taba
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Service with a smile :-)”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Ok, so i read the reviews before travelling and tend to agree it may not be a 5* as some of you would expect, but this IS egypt and the service from the staff made my holiday 5*!
Unfortunately, with the trouble in Cairo, there weren't many people in the hotel, but let me reassure you all that it is perfectly safe to travel to the coast and if a quiet, chilled resort is what you are looking for then Sonesta Beach will be right up your street. What made me choose this hotel over most of the others was that it had its own beach (rather than a shuttle ride or 10 minute walk), which was heaven. The main pool was great and a second pool was also available.
The food choice was a little limited, but that was purely down to the situation and the lack of guests - but the chefs did there best with what they had. The staff were attentive and bent over backwards to make your holiday special. I even got pancakes added to the breakfast menu thanks to Ghaly and the chefs. The rooms were clean and i loved the towel creations :-) Daif in reception was always there to help with any queries and his english is fantastic! and Baghat made sure that the drinks were flowing in the piano bar. The diving was great (cheers Gamil) and the Cleopatra spa experience was definitely something i won't forget for a while! All in all i would definitely recommend this hotel, in particular if you are planning a break on your own - its perfectly safe and you won't be alone for long.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank karen_robertson71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 19 February 2011

taba itself is not worth visiting...there is nothing you can do but sit on the beach or swim...i went there for three days...they couldn't end sooner...it was really boring..the hotel itself is not bad..but it certainly not a five star hotel ....the food in particular was disgusting!!! ...mostly undercooked..and no variations what so ever ...same thing on lunch and dinner ..some kind of uncooked rice..bad pasta..undercooked chicken and fish ....really bad..the beach was nice ..and they give you free drinks..although not good too..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mcdonalds123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This was our first trip to taba, and I am sure we will be going back there.
I would say that most of the holiday makers were eastern european and for the most part rude especially to the staff !
We found our room of a good standard and clean and quiet !
The main pool area was quite noisy but you can escape that by either going to the beach or there is another pool further away from the main hotel area.
We found 95% of the staff extremely curteous and friendly especially the beach boys and the blue fish restaurant waiters and chefs.
We would like to mention Mohammed the executive chef who really made our holiday a success he and his staff provided really good vegetarian food for us (we do not eat meat or fish) and the local wines were very good.
All in all a good holiday and very good value for money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denise C
Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The best thing is the location of the hotel - on the beach, nice views - the mountains and the sea, nice pool and even the two promoters are trying to entertain the guests are not too impudent, when it comes to eating a monotonous but unfortunately you can actually pick something and spend the few days there complaining, local spirits, bartenders do not regret in the order in general cleanliness, I would recommend the hotel for the normal people who have no ambition and overgrown requirements - usually against the other because it is not against you!! We were in Taba at the end of October, the weather cool, there were also days with a nice wiaterkiem and were waves on the sea, very nice excursions but then you have to be here two weeks generally a good place for lazing in the sun, minus the one that you need to get up early take a good spot on the beach and there were no Russians !!!.... much but it's who wants to can still have fun

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
kent
Reviewed 17 November 2010

well here i am again, after visiting my favorite hotel in taba.sonesta beach, having visited this hotel many times, my family decided to see why i rave about this place so much and decided to come with me. i e.mailed the hotel to let them know i was coming with them and they went out of their way to make sure that we all had a brilliant time.
from the greeting to saying goodbye, we all were incredibly impressed by the level of service we received. Daif, John and Sherif on reception made sure everyday that everything was ok with rooms, and if we needed anything we just had to ask, we needed extra pillows and it took minutes to get them, brilliant service, breakfast and dinner were wonderful every night, we all ate far too much, but all the dinning room staff were fantastic especially garrah and tamer. the food in the bluefish is excellent quality all cooked fresh as you want it, although the jelly is smelly (garrah knows what i mean)
This time as i went with my family we deciced to take advantage of the amenities and excursions on offer, we did the submarine, great for all the family, i cant swim so for me it was great to see what my family was seeing everyday when they went snorkelling. we were really lucky to see turtles this time, amazing.
we also had a great day on the quad bikes, very dusty, so wear old clothes, but great to see the rugged mountains up close. Some of us went scuba diving, my husband was really nervous, but he need,nt have worried as it was one to one and had someone with him the whole time. he cant wait to do it again.
most of our evenings were very quiet, drinking in the bars, smoking shisha, and looking at the stars which are amazing, we visited the bedouin camp a few times as the stars here are even better due to the darkness.
My suite that i was given was incredible, fantastic veiws over the red sea, fresh linen each day with the most fantastic towel sculptures, my housekeeper knocked on my door a few times with fresh vases of flowers for our room, nice little touches that make you feel really special, even adel the pool guy put flowers by the loungers for us too.
the annimation team kept our teenagers occupied everyday with allsorts of activities going on, and they havn,t stopped going on about how much of a brilliant time they had whilst they were there and cant wait to go back.
Overall the holiday was restful but fun with the most fantastic service and freindly staff, my family were amazed at the level of standards there, with the whole holiday and cant wait to go back.
It realy is a great retreat if you truly want to relax, i cant beleive that this hotel is not in the brochures, but that is not a problem, you can e.mail them on [--], and they will even arrange for you to be collected at the airport, my advice is if you realy want to relax and unwind, go there, dont think, just do it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank queenmandy
Zlin, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Hi my Lovely Sonesta, i just wanna let you know that i miss you so much and all the time what i spent there since i come first time to reception was excellent. The first nice thing was Lobby, its really clean,beautiful and comfortable. What's more, the restaurant and meal was absolutly normal and tasty and the stuff absolutly friendly.The servis was respekting us and helping with every small things. I can't say anything against it. Also Bistro Bar was nice to sit, chill and drink after lunch,which you can have also in Oasis Bar at swimming pool.
In the evening we could go to Fatoush to chill and drink with music to wait for the animation program which surpised us with a different kinds of show every night.

The best from all holiday was Animation Team, they were all time funny and good organized in a work during the day, they take care of all kind of guests there, wherever who are they coming from, even if they dont speak their language. They are really kind and sometimes patient about our needs. The names of the team are Mavoo, Badoo, Ellie, Cono, Vio, Mega.

This holiday was fantastic for me and If you wanna make holiday in Sonesta, ask especially about the animation team, cause these are the only people which can show you the way to spent your holiday nice and funny even if you would like to be a lazy. It's no problem with them.

We gonna return again on Christmas, cause they told us that in Christmas its gonna be nice atmosphere for us.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Juttah_10
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I'm not usually one for writing reviews in fact this is the 1st that I have ever wrote so please bear with me,I booked this hotel after looking at many in Egypt including Sharm.
I was "NOT" dissapointed ! I have stayed at many hotels and must say this is by far the best I have ever stayed at, yes some people say that the food can be repetative but when you are staying for 2 weeks that's just how it is no matter where you stay.
We were greeted on out 1st night by the hotel manager Mr.Mohammed who asked me what I would like from my holiday ? I replied plenty of sun !! he guaranteed it for 2 weeks and guess what ? he was right .He also promised me that if there was "anything" that we needed, to speak to him or his staff and it would be sorted , again true to his word. What do I talk about next ? the rooms were cleaned every day including towel and bedding change by our wonderful cleaner Mohammed who amazed our children with his art of bed lined sculpture which included Cobra's, Swans, Boats to name just a few.All of the staff at this hotel are so polite and helpful and are fantastic with children.At this stage I must mention some special people that we met and made this holiday so wondeful, Ellie from the kids club, she is amazing with the children, Kaka from Animation ( top lad but needs a hair cut, I did offer but he refused only joking mate) Jimmy from Animation,Mustapher,Jitka,Mavo from Animation ,Essam, Shady, Adel from the Blue Fish, Boratt, Garrah,aplogies to anyone I may have missed.There is one person I must give a special mention to as he made my my wifes, mine and childrens time at Sonesta Beach so special and something we will never forget, this is Baddu, my son and daughter found a new best friend as did I and although we have now been back almost a week the little ones rally miss him (Baddu Calum & Naimh said hello and miss you x) not more I can say apart from please go to this hotel the beach and pools are beautiful, Mr Hakeem the general manager goes out of his way to say hello and as you can imagine he must be a very busy man, but this never stops him. well done Mr Mohammed and Mr Hakeem the hotel and staff are a credit to you and the way you run it, see you soon, Wayne,Dolores,Calum and Niamh x

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
#2 of 15 in Nuweiba
Miramar Resort Taba Heights
Movenpick Resort Taba Hotel
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Sol Taba Red Sea? Share your experiences!