Holiday Resort Taba
US$74
  • Pool
US$64
US$75
Sofitel Taba Heights(Taba)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Sol Taba Red Sea(Taba)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$31
US$69
US$44
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2006

We were very disappointed with our stay at the Holiday Resort Taba. About one month before we left we had a letter to say that they were no longer part of the Holiday Inn Group. We can not compare with how it was before, but we found the service very poor. The staff were friendly though. Poor areas:-

1. it took ages to get a drink in the restaurant. When you did get it they had either only half filled the cup or it was flat.

2. Tables were not wiped after previous people. Tables were dirty and the highchair I used from my son was disgusting. I longed for my Flash anti bacterial spray.

3, The worst thing was that they seem to run out of water in the 2nd week of our holiday. For a few days we had real problems getting water. They had lots of vodka though.

4. Pool was not cleaned properly. However Pool staff were very helpful.

5. It appears that resort has tried to break into the Eastern European market and offering good prices for Polish people. There was a large group of what can only be called Polish hooligans. They drunk vodka all day and were very obnoxious. We met a very nice Polish couple who actually said they felt ashamed to be polish.

6. some silly rule about only being allowed 2 drinks per person when you go to the bar. So if you go with your family of 6, three of you need to go up to the bar to get drinks. Also, the bar tenders do not take notice of who came to the bar first and allow anyone to just push in.

7. All inclusive stops at 11pm. Not a big problem as we were usually in bed before then.

After this 2 week stay I would not recommend this resort to anyone unless management can stop cutting corners and think about customer service.

7  Thank Hols_68
Reviewed 23 August 2006

Excellant holiday.Management team & staff are very good considering the circumstances.The only down side was some off our fellow British holidaymakers always complaining so that they can get a discount or money back!!!We witness it all!!!That spoilt the holiday as all we wanted to do was to relax for 2 weeks!!!

3  Thank Themanagement
Reviewed 23 August 2006

Relaxing holiday. Well done to all the staff.

1  Thank Fairoak
Reviewed 12 August 2006

I booked a last minute holiday with Thomson Holidays to the "Taba Holiday Resort" on the strength I had actually visited the Taba Holiday Inn Resort the previous year and had a great time. Taking the family that consisted of a 6, 10 and 13 year old I thought it would be a nice relaxing break. We had a great flight all on time, even Taba airport was quick and efficient getting us processed and onto a coach which was a first!

Everything seemed to be going fine on the first couple of day’s great service with standard buffet food for adults. The real problem was the kids, you can persuade them to eat the same food for couple of nights but after that they start getting bored or really don’t like what is being given to them. The so called children’s area for the food was actually 2 food salvers containing exactly the same as adult selection! My six year old daughter Katie seemed to get by on bread, cucumber and jelly until disaster struck on the Thursday and cucumber was off the menu. It was so frustrating that with a little thought and menu preparation they could have done so much more with the produce to prepare a much better variety of foods for both children and adults alike.

I was very surprised the quality of the hotel had dropped so quickly, which was no doubt why Holiday Inn had decided not to put their name to the resort anymore! When you have to start complaining to management about things that you would consider quite trivial your holiday is not enjoyable anymore. Things such as the pool bar drinks being flat or not available and with the fridges not working effectively warm drinks which is not what you want in 35 degrees plus heat. If you managed to drink them as some of them had very strange aftertaste.

The pool water was very clear so unfortunately you could see large amounts of bits floating in it. This is where the hotel has a its main problem, they clean the bottom of the pool to remove the sand but the filters were unable to remove the debris left over from over 200 adults and children. This in tern meant god knows what was multiplying in the pool water and not being removed from the water. Then like many of the guests I woke up on the Tuesday morning with terrible stomach pains after spending the previous day swimming. I still had four days of my holiday left and most of it was in the bathroom. I am not sure if the stomach bug (which I have just been to doctor today to get resolved some 5 days after contracting it with some heavy duty anti-biotics), was due to the pool water or the general hygiene around the food which was somewhat slapdash. One of the most worrying examples was a chef cooking some food and tasting it with his finger for seasoning and then just carrying on without washing even though he should have used a spoon.

I had to put this all down in writing as I now feel guilty about recommending this hotel to a number of people last year. It is not the same place as when it was a Holiday Inn managed resort. It is also not suitable for people with young children or for older people susceptible to bugs etc. Then again I have been to Taba three times in all now and it is only here I have been ill so maybe it is not suitable for anybody!

They need to clean up their act and improve the standards and return the hotel to its 4 star status because at present it is nothing more than a 2 star joint with nice buildings and surroundings.

9  Thank MeadFamily
Reviewed 12 August 2006

Having literally just returned from the middle of no where because that is basically where the" Holiday Taba" is, I feel utterly drained and extremely disappointed, having never been to Egypt before we had high hopes of a relaxing holiday which to turned out to be like an episode of Holidays from hell!
Hotel started off good very clean polite staff etc after that all down hill, 2nd fold up bed given in the room nearly collapsed due to the fact it had that many broken springs please be careful if there are 3 to a room as the same thing may happen to you the hotels answer to my initial complaint was to turn the bed around and re make the bed!! this was after at least 3 calls to reception, later that night I say night as we were woken up to change the bed without any notice the staff don’t seem to care what time it is they came back 3hours later to change the bed!!
After that food was appalling lacked variety, taste and sometimes even cooking snacks were never seen and ice cream well often not even frozen, staff in the restaurant are very good at taking orders but bringing the drinks or getting the order correct is restricted to certain guests!! And beware they often turn the gas off the drinks machine which leaves you with flat drinks and a dodgy tummy! as there beer pulling leaves a lot to be desired, also be warned if you have children they keep wrong drinks under the bar so your child could end up with vodka!
Entertainment where to start with this! Animation staff are appalling and this is being polite they do very little to "entertain" same repeative "retching" on a morning followed by "death polo" if you want to take the risk of playing a no rules game with children in the pool and polish people who don’t think twice of drowning a child then join in!! Please feel free to try and complain if you don’t mind being laughed in your face!! and the swimming pool is ever so dirty!! Barring that trip to Cairo fab except the soul destroying journey about 7 hours by coach!! and quad biking can also be well recommended! And little housekeeper Ahmed lovely young man makes little animals on your bed ever so polite for a 16 yr old always happy to assist!

5  Thank Lindsay23