Do not be put off and do not stay away from Egypt especially Taba Heights. This secluded resort is completely unaffected by troubles elsewhere and whilst numbers are slightly down it is service as normal.
My wife and I have stayed at all the hotels in this resort over the past 9 years and the best advice I can give is to use the InterContinental. Which is good news really since it generally seems to cost slightly less than the others. All have good features but we just found the InterContinental tries that bit harder with food, service, upgrades and facilities. The view over the salt water lagoon from the Lagoon Bar is classic infinity pool stuff and, with the moon out over Saudi, - get the camera out. Although all-inclusive I recommend an evening meal at least once from this location - Sahid and his staff will make sure you glass never runs dry.
In fact all the managers and staff are worth a mention and take great pride in their hotel - it shows. It seems to be a matter of pride for them to recognise you and anticipate your order.
Now some factual stuff - rooms are large / huge and those on the sea-front are fabulous. Hotels which provide tea and coffee making facilities, as this one does, are always top of my list. Usual issues with minibar prices but no-one seemed to mind when I stashed my wine box of sauvignon blanc in the fridge (capacious things those golf bags). Well done Osama and Ibrahim for the excellent room service.
The main restaurant was our principal eatery and not once did we feel let down by the selection of foods. Ihab, one of our waiters we recognised from past visits, quietly looked after us and made sure nothing ran dry - good man - but all the waiters in the section we used were consistently on top of matters.
With a golf course across the road from us and Thomson only charging £15 extra for the clubs - take them. The course surrounds the hotel and in fact the 17th and 18th run down to the beach. The dry desert air gives your shots a bit of a boost and the greens are well maintained. Mentioning Thomson, I should also mention Andrew the rep who really did keep it crisp and concise releasing us to yet more cocktails and canapes from the management.
Now some personal thanks for the welcoming bottle of wine, the fresh fruit, the room upgrade to Sea Front, the complimentary spa treatment, the room extension past normal check out time. My - they really do treat returning guests well..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental