Reviews were very positive and we we not disappointed.
Very unusual layout. A real maze. Took us days to get it right!
Food very good, lots of choice, good service.We did suffer with Egyptian tummies from day 3 though. (It went on for 10 days) We can only think that it was the salads. Are they washed in bottled water?Such a shame to think that if we returned we would have to eat less salad or no salad at all. Yes it was hot, and a shock to our systems but we drank lots of bottled water, no option as the pool guy was so efficient.We were a group of 9 and only 4 got the upset. So comparing what what we ate we have come to this conclusion.(teenagers were far more conservative eating pasta and pancakes ! )
We didn't let this ruin the holiday and we still had a great time.
Our air conditioning wasn't working on arrival but we moved rooms whilst it was mended.There was no fuss.Unfortunately there was also a major water pipe leak but we were kept informed and it really couldn't be helped.These things happen and it was all in the first 24hours.
Probably our only main negative would be the beds.It appears that the mattresses are all so hard. In a previous review they were referred to as "sumptuous" but I can only think that was the size. You toss all the time to get comfortable. I would be willing to pay more for a softer bed !!
The rooms are huge and the bathrooms too. Huge walk in showers with toiletries topped up daily. Our cleaner was very thorough and was awarded accordingly at the end of the week.
(The dining room could do with some new covers on the chairs. Some were quite grubby and also the rug requires attention.Oh my, i'm feeling a bit critical here but its positive criticism for the hotel.)
For a huge hotel there is only one restaurant although you could get pizza and hot-dogs at one of the side bars.Along with tea, cake and ice-cream in the afternoon. This was still all inclusive.
The gardens are kept immaculately. They work hard in the heat and it was quite impressive. Loved the herb garden too. ( This was hidden away by the children's pool )
So yes I can see we could well return although we usually like to try some where different.Going be hard to match this hotel. Thanks to all at the InterContinental........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental