“our 6th visit to Intercontinental Taba”

Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I'd like to thank the new manager for the great effort & improvement I've noticed this time as I'm a regular guest at this hotel, also special thanks go to the French Chef for the obvious improvement for the food. So I'd like you all to enjoy the hospitality ^& the luxury of this great hotel and the charming people working there...I'd like to tell you all that everytime I turn back home to Egypt I have to visit this fantastic hotel.....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rani A
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Rani,
thank you so much for your great feedback! We will certainly try to continue the good work and further improve! Hope to see you and your family back again soon and maybe you want to bring some friends! We would be more than happy to host!
Greetings from the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Team

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I visited the Intercontinental Taba Heights the first week of June with my boyfriend, the hotel is beautiful and the grounds surrounding it are lovely, best views I've ever seen! The rooms were lovely and spotlessly clean, as were the rest of the hotel. The only down sides for me was the food wasnt brilliant for my tastes, I am very fussy and not a lover of fish which is mostly what there was! I lived on pasta and bread for the week, oh well at least I ate! We did have lunch at the beach bar which did pizza and chips but only found out about it on the last day!

The hotel is fairly quiet and there isnt much outside the resort, literally if you want a quiet week to relax its perfect, but for me after being to Sharm several times I was mainly comparing it to that.The staff were polite and the weather was amazing, the biggest down side is that the airport is a joke! Tiny and so un organised, we queued for over an hour and there is only 1 flight a day in and out of the airport so you'de think they could handle it it. Apart from that we had a lovely holiday and the hotel is 1 of the best I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank steph1959
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Hi Steph,
great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
We will make sure that the information on the Reef Bar Snacks is more clear in your welcome letter which serves as a gide to the All Inclusive formula. As a meat lover you might be enjoying our 2x BBQ at the Lagoon Restaurant or the BBQ evenings at the Bayview Restaurant or the unrivaled steaks at the El Mar on a future visit!
Hope to see you back also to check out our new Pasta Station in the Main Dining Restaurant (Bayview).
Your team of the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I have just returned from 2 weeks at The Intercontinental at Taba Heights with my son and 2 cousins. Don't know where to start with this review! The hotel exceeded our expectations; being greeted on arrival with a drinks and towels to freshen up was very welcoming. I had emailed the hotel a few weeks before departure requesting rooms near the main facilities and had a reply the same day explaining the layout of the hotel and to choose which floor we wanted. This was referred to whilst checking in and we were allocated rooms that suited our needs and they overlooked the main pool!
The staff were so friendly and helpful, the food was fresh and varied to cater for all tastes and the chef was very approachable. The rooms were spacious and clean. Supplying slippers and robes was a nice touch. Don't worry about taking towels with you as the ones supplied are clean and fresh and beach towels are supplied too. The sunbeds were comfortable and we didn't have a problem getting any! A special thanks to Samir (the Thomson rep), our waiter Mohamed Shaker, Esmet from the pool team and Alaa form the pool bar who kept us topped up with pineapple juice, water and cokes throughout the day. The lifeguard on duty on the beach was fantastic and he knew exactly where people were in the sea even if we lost track of them! The sea is so clear and there are so many fish to see with or without a snorkel. Even turtles! The beach itself was like a picture postcard with plenty of sunbeds there.
The animation team worked so hard everyday and a big thank you to Mido and Lorna for keeping us entertained and the chats and laughs inbetween. Daytime activities included stretching exercises, water aerobics, water polo, minigolf, table tennis and beach volleyball to name a few. Evening entertainment ranged from shows put on by the animation team to outside performers; they were good and varied. Don't know how you do it all in that heat!
The spa facilites were very good as was the gym, according to my son.
Swimming in the salt water lagoon was great especially if you're not too keen on the sea.
I had a manicure and my eyebrows threaded in the beauty salon and would thoroughy recomend it.
I felt very safe in this hotel and the surrounding area of Taba Heights so don't be put off trying this resort. I would encourage anyone who is thinking about shortlisting this hotel, not to shortlist but BOOK it. It is definitely a slice of paradise! There is nothing not to love about it!

Michelle B

Room Tip: email the hotel direct if you have special requirements, I found them to be very accomodating.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Michelle_Bradshaw
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Hi Michelle,
soooooo happy you enjoyed your time with us here in Taba Heights! Thank you for sharing!
The team is getting so much satisfaction and motivation out of these great feedback whenever we share them on our gatherings and on the boards... Thank you for being such a great ambassador to the hotel!
Looking forward to your return visit sometime soon!
Greetings from the team AND our very own and only Taba Heights turtle grazing at the house reef!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We have recently returned from our first ever trip to Taba Heights, & Egypt for that matter where we spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the Intercontinental Hotel. We enjoyed every aspect of this trip as far as the hotel is concerned. Everything was spotlessly clean. Every single member of staff was incredibly attentive & friendly, always ready to chat & serve. The rooms were fantastic, just the right size for us. I loved the fact that we got fluffy dressing gowns & slippers. They were cleaned every day without fail. The pools & bars were exactly what we needed, the hotel is just the right size in the fact that it’s not ever too far to get from one place to another. We got the various people that you get on most holidays, trying to get you to book various spa treatments or scuba diving trips or quad biking days, but once you’d told them that you weren’t interested they would leave you alone for the rest of your holiday so it wasn’t a problem. I did in fact use the beauty salon & had the most amazing pedicure. Credit to George, who did it, as my feet are still beautifully soft now, over 3 weeks later!

In regards to the food, I would just like to point out that a lot of people who come onto this website, have absolutely nothing better to do than moan, & it seemed that a lot of people who came to this hotel while we were there were the same way inclined (trust me, we heard!)

However we did not have a single problem with the food at all. Every single thing that we ate was absolutely delicious. There were different things served at the buffet every single time that we ate there & it was always of a very high quality. We also ate at the Lagoon restaurant twice & El Mar once. All our visits to these restaurants were fantastic, with completely amazing food, matched with the best service. The only thing that was slightly irritating, which was probably more Thomson’s fault than the hotels itself, was that we were not aware that we would have to pay for the Lagoon or El Mar Restaurant. We did not expect this & had to take more money out to cover the costs while we were out here. Having said this, these restaurants were very reasonably priced & worth every penny we paid… We simply feel that Thomson’s should have made it clearer in their brochure that these were not covered as part of the all-inclusive cost.

Also I’d like to say a massive thank you to the onsite doctor, who was incredibly kind & helpful when I fell ill on holiday (nothing that was hotel related might I add, I would have suffered from the same illness even if I’d had been at home). They looked after me so well that I was on the mend within hours & it didn’t ruin a single day of our trip.

We tried the dine around service & visited the Sofitel. All we can say that from our brief visit to this hotel, we made the right decision in staying at the Intercontinental… It may have had something to do with rude staff, a cramped buffet & a cockroach… Nice!

I would completely recommend a visit to this hotel to absolutely anyone who loves a good place to stay, fantastic service & guaranteed sunshine!!

Also as a quick side note, we did two trips through Thomson’s, the VIP cruise & Sinai by Starlight. Both were amazing & are strongly recommended. Our rep Samir was absolutely amazing. You could go to him for anything & he made our holiday very special by being so friendly.

We are looking to return for a week at least next year :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NatashaZoe
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Hi Natasha,
we are delighted to read about your holiday experiences with us!
Thank you also for your valuable tips to other travelers, I am sure they very much appreciate those insights before going on vacation.
We will pass on your comments not only to our team, but also to George and our Hotel Doctor of course!
See you back soon at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

What sets this hotel apart from many other of the other luxury hotel groups in which I have stayed elsewhere in Egypt, is the staff and the cleanliness.

Although I did not see other rooms, our room on the 5th floor was spacious, bright, with grand views of the sea and the pool. On a clear day - every day was sunny - we could see Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Israel, and, of course Egypt.

The staff treated us as VIPs, though obviously we are not; were always cheerful and happy, willing to go the extra mile, supported and were supported by senior management.

However, not only were the hotel and its ameneities excellent, the sea - snorkeling and diving - was outstanding - and the weather perfect, perhaps too perfect compared to our rather poor Scottish summers (I did miss the rain, a little).

We looked at the neighbouring Sofitel and Hyatt and were very glad we choose the Intercont - no comparison, but you can even eat at at the other places and enjoy a discount negotiated by the Intercont.

The package was all inclusive - the first time we have enjoyed the feature - and offered a wide range of food to meet all tastes, including freshly prepared dishes by the chefs to order.

What did surprise us at the welcome meeting, was the attendance of the senior management, including the GM. This I have never ever seen before - the GM is usually the "invisible man".

Not only did we have a great time, hope to repeat it again. I have looked at the other reviews and share the sentiments of the other 5 circle reviewers.

Dr. Gordon Rankine

Room Tip: Intercontinental has a marvellous loyalty programme - $200 a year - which gives guaranteed upgrades...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Dr_Gordon_Rankine
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear Dr Rankine,
it is a pleasure to read your insightful feedback (also about our Ambassador Loyalty Program) on your stay! We are more than happy to share your kind words with our team...
We all hope to see you back soon to make the most of the new diving licence.
The team of the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel surpassed my expectations totally, all the staff were very helpful, the entertainment round the pool was excellent & when you said no, they didn't force you to join in. Every morning the pool guy had our beds ready for us in "our chosen" place. Room was fab, clean airy, spacious, loved the balcony. Shower was too die for, clean, & massive. Food was good, even if you were fussy eater there was something for everyone. It was just what we needed, gorgeous weather, fab hotel, certainly will return.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen S

Dear Karen,
great stuff you had a fab time with us!
Hope to see you back soon and make it 5 out of 5!
Looking forward to it!
Your InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Team

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have just returned to the UK after two weeks relaxing stay at The Intercontinental at Taba - perfect weather, lovely hotel with large, comfortable and clean rooms - the perfect retreat in the afternoon at the height of the Egyptian heat in the afternoon!

We missed our trip to Israel due to illness but our most sincere thanks to Manager, Chris Jung and his team for the unexpected surprise which made our holiday - a private dinner for two at The Lagoon restaurant with the most beautiful meal prepared by the Head Chef. Thank you, Chris, for this amazing treat! We enjoyed meeting you, your team and being at the intercontinental - we'll be back :)

Christopher Partridge & Andrew Evans

Room Tip: All are excellent - sea view, garden view or mountain view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PartridgeCC23
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Christopher,
Dear Andrew,

we are glad to see that your vacation has been a relaxing and special one! Special occasions require special actions... happy to see we hit the jackpot! Looking forward seeing you back soon!

With best wishes from the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort