“Another excellent holiday”

Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Just returned from our 6th stay at this hotel, as always we received a great welcome from Managers and staff. Food is varied and plentiful, with fresh fruit available at every meal, and there is always something to like, restaurant staff are attentive and ensure tables are cleared as necessary and remember the what drinks their 'regulars' will require. Public areas are well maintained. All staff from the general Manager to the gardner are friendly and have time to talk and make for a very special relaxing holiday. We can highly recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear eldManly,
Thank you so much for your recommendation and the kind words! We will be up-keeping this positive atmosphere and make sure you will find it just as enjoyable on your 7th stay... to be soon as we hope.
Best regards and season greetings from the Crew of the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Returned to a freezing cold Manchester airport on 11th Dec after another superb two weeks at The Intercontinental.
Let me tell you something......I keep reading other reviews and have to laugh at some of them.
To the best of my knowledge the Inter doesn't claim to be a 5* hotel...it's a 5* resort and it is that.
From the moment you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by friendly staff, from the General Manager to the concierge staff and as someone commented, even the gardener. You will never get 100% of the staff grinning and smiling (everyone has an off day) but it's a near as damn it there and when you see how many staff there are I think they do a fantastic job. I also see some fairly rude British clients how seem to think snapping their fingers should get them service forgetting please and thank you.
The resort caters for a multi national client base and you need to remember that. So not everything on the food counter is to your liking but you will always find something....we even had roast beef and yorkshire puddings one night. If you want fish and chips, macdonalds or a greasy spoon breakfast.....go to Blackpool.
As a resort I think it's a fantastic set up. It has just about everything you need and if it hasn't got it trying asking for it. I am sure that they would try and accommodate any reasonable request.
If you want a trip to Egypt for shopping, nightclubs and the like then no that's not Taba. If you want to have a nice quiet relaxing holiday break laying on the beach or by the pool taking in the occasional sightseeing, getting a little pampering or an adventure trip then this is the place.
I am sure that the general manager, Chris Jung, would be the first to agree that everything is not perfect but he and his team are aiming to try and make it so that it is and they are doing a great job.
Will I be going back there? Try stopping me. Just have to sort out logistics now that Thomsons appear not to be going there from 2013.
So I aim to be back in April/May next year to reunite with some old friends, meet new ones and enjoy the hospitality the resort always has to offer.
To Chris and his staff....my sincere thanks. Yet again a superb vacation.
Shokran, danke schön and have a good Christmas and New Year.

1  Thank Trainset1

Dear Trainset,
after this declaration of love we can only sit down quietly, blush and smile. Thank you very much for your kind words and we shall do our very best not to disappoint in the future either.
Thomson indeed will stop selling the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort due to a change in policy whereby only Exclusive to Thomson hotels will be listed. We believe in choice however and offer either to organise transportation & room inclusive Food & Beverage for you coming up from Sharm El Sheik (some of our regular guests prefer this due to the increased flight options from the UK) or point you in the right direction when it comes to Tour Operators serving our hotel (We can unfortunately not point them out due to advertising guidelines of TripAdvisor for management responses, however you can join our Facebook Page or drop us an email and we will point you in the right direction!).
We will get you here... no doubt!
Best regards and till soonest... you InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Team!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed for two weeks with my wife,agree it is no five star and there are major issues in the restaurant.Staff are working extremely hard and great credit to them.Major issues food is not very good and majority of time was cold and was catering towards Russian clients and not European.Not enough fresh fruit and cold meats to complement salads.As a senior nurse practitioner infection control is major problem and needs to be tightened up.Hand sanitisers rarely used by majority of clients or staff and clients need to be encouraged as they are entering restaurants like on cruise ships or there could be major outbreak.Hotel is reasonably clean and facilities are good especially beauty salon,thanks romeo but probably wouldnt return

Room Tip: Sea view top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear bignorm,
firstly let us thank you for the positive note on cleanliness and facilities. We also passed on your review to Romeo in the Beauty Salon!
Your stay surely took place in those unfortunate 1st November weeks which "won" us a series of negative reviews... We are confident (as also to be seen in most recent reviews) that this unique mishap has been overcome and we are back at 96% satisfaction as we were prior.
We are taking hygiene very seriously and are continuously tested by the government and an independent 3rd party. We also have a dedicated Hygiene Manager on the team. Care starts from delivery of goods, continues with storing & processing and finishes with waste removal. In the restaurant alone there is a dozen disinfectant dispensers in back and front for guests & team to use... those for the team preferably are located in the back due to their looks. We shall make sure this is even better communicated to our guests to ensure they do not feel unsafe, so thank you for pointing this need out to us.
With best regards and in the hope to have you returning to revise those first impressions of the Food & Beverage offering.
Your InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Team

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Have returned from another excellent holiday in this resort.

I cannot speak too highly about the staff in this hotel they are absolutely magificient and exceptionally friendly from the General Manager to the Gardeners. They always wish you a good morning and this is a nice touch.

The Hotel is still keptp up to a good standard and the room was kept immaculate by the cleaner.

The food in the Bay view was even better that last year and I had no problem finding something suitable.

It is difficult to select members of the staff for a speccial mention but I must congratulate the following for their special friendship. It is very much apprecaited

Bay View Restaaurant Thje staff at Table 7, 8 & 9
|Archies Bar Mondi and Alaa
Loby Bar Ahmd, Abel , Ali and Remon
Beach Gouda Shatat and Mustafa
I shall definetely returrn to this Hotel for the caring staff

J & K

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Braveheart27

Dear Braveheart,
it has been a pleasure once again to see you arrive full of expectations and leaving with a smile! We will pass on your praise to the team and will make sure you keep smiling on each return and departure also in the future!
Best regards from the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night as part of our roundtrip in the Sinai area. The hotel staff was very helpfull and made our stay relaxed. Nice welcome drink and luggage service. The view from our clean and spacious room on the 5th floor was perfect. There is a wide variety of swimming pools and other activities. The indoor swimming pool could be a little warmer, but other spa options, such as sauna and massage are very good. The drinks and food in the hotel are nice, but don't forget to visit the restaurant of the hotel in uptown, where you can have the best Thai food in the surroundings. The location close the the Taba marina makes it a good option for travelling to Jordan by the fast ferry.

Dear Jelmer,
thank you very much for your review and the great tip for the speed ferry! This is truly a fabulous facility to go for a day trip and we can highly recommend this to all our guests!
The indoor pool is set to 28 warm degree now... a faulty valve was the reason and has been replaced after you brought this to our attention on the night of your stay... We measure each morning, hence it went unnoticed until you had tried... please accept our apologies for this.
Best regards and hope to see you back soon!
Your InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Team

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We arrived on 20th November with my parents who had stayed 5 years earlier for their golden wedding . My Dad has pulmonary fibrosis which worsened with the heat and also caught a bug . I cannot praise Chris the general manager, mikala and Victoria the rep enough. Whatever I asked for, I got. From a wheelchair to changing their room. They were always around to offer help and support . I have read other reviews complaining about things , but what you have to remember is that they have to cater for a large number of nationalities and you could always find something you liked . I found ALL of the staff , very pleasant and helpful. The Animation team worked very hard and long hours but never pushed you into joining in if you just wanted to relax, and always had a smile. Romeo from the beauty salon was a ray of sunshine . I hope to return sometime and thank them all very much for everything they did to make our holiday the best it could be .:-)trivial things don't matter when someone is ill

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear jmckay!
Thank you for this glowing review of your most recent vacation!
It has been a pleasure to facilitate a comfortable stay for every single member of your party.
This is what we are here for...
Looking forward to many happy returns...
Your crew of the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I booked the hotel as a last minute deal, and I am glad that I did. I needed to get away for a week, in November for some winter sunshine and total relaxation, and this is exactly what I got. The hotel is set in the Taba Heights complex and is right on the seafront. On arrival with a glass of refreshing drink, book-in took just a couple of minutes and the luggage was delivered to the room without delay.
The room was spacious with all the usual refinements that one would expect of an 'upper class' hotel. There were clean sheets on the bed every day, and clean towels as well. The standard of cleanliness of the room was very high.
With two outdoor pools, one of which was heated, plus the salt water pool, I was spoilt for swimming choices. Coupled with this was the sea which boasts the coral reefs for snorkling, which is a must for me, and again I was not disappointed.
Admittedly the restaurant was self service for all three main meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, but the choices were sufficient for my needs, and I found the food to be well prepared. I have had other holidays in Egypt and the food at the Intercontinental was far superior to these. Nothing is too much trouble for the restaurant staff and when I asked if I could have museli for breakfast (it wasn't available on day one) it was provided for me. The waiters were friendly, and got to know my particular likes, and always greeted me in a cheery way.
In my opinion this is a hotel for relaxation.If you are looking for an action packed holiday, then this is not for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Hi Chris,
thank you for sharing your great experience and some holiday snapshots with us. We gladly share your praise with the entire team! Well deserved! Looking forward to your return!
Greetings from the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort Crew