Once again we had a Lovely Christmas and New Years break at the Intercontinental. A big thank you to the hotels amazing hard working, cheerful, and helpful staff for making our stay once again special. A big Thank you to Chris Jeng GM for keeping his promise, from our last visit, to improve the hotels wine quality which I am happy to say he did with great success. Cheers Chris. The weather was a hot and sunny 25-28 degrees throughout our 14 day stay (except 1 day overcast). The Gala dinner was a dream ,good food and well presentented. The rooms were cleaned to a good standard daily and there was an improvement in general to hotel, has it's sparkle back. I have read some comments re birds in the restaurant and yes they do take food from plates but then again why people have to 'stock pile ' food onto there table like its going out of fashion, I will never understand there was always plenty - get want you want then ...EAT IT. Really it's not a problem. We met up with some old Inter friends and also made new one's. The bar service both at the splash bar, the cross raods bar and beach bar was excellent.(Thanks Siad, Ossama, Alaa, Sherif and Emad .) The restaurant staff although very busy, worked their hardest and always had a smile. The people I can imagine who say the staff were rude probably need to look in a mirror and say honestly if they treated them with the respect they deserve and not as a personal holiday slave ..they may have got a smile back!!!
To sum up ..Good value, good weather good food fabulous company (you know who you are people) and last but not least a big thanks to Victoria our Thompson rep, always available, interacted with the guests and was very helpfully best rep I've come across on any holiday. Thanks Tori.
Thanks again to Chris & Michela and all the wonderful staff.
Look forward to our next trip to the Intercontinental.
Andrea & James xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental