My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental for 1 week, returning on the 15th Jan 2013. I had read many reviews on here and whilst I was confident it would be good I was not prepared for how good.
I will base my review on the bits that were important to me....
Staff - amazing...all of them. Nothing was too much trouble. All were happy, smiley and always spoke to us as they passed us. Special mention to "Sam" who every morning put towels on the sunbeds we had chosen by the pool, after telling us where was the best place to be for the time of year, his sense of humour was great and his Mr boombastic impressions. He also took me and my hubby round the resort and on the beach on our last day to take some snaps of us together (always a struggle when there is just 2 of you on hols!) This man made our holiday and looked after us brilliantly. The General manager wasn't at the hotel when we were there, but we did chat to his PA, she was lovely and did him proud in his absence.
Hotel - stunning. Huge. I had emailed and chatted to the hotel on facebook and we had organised an upgrade to sea view and also double room ( although i booked through Thomsons who said they only had twin??) The room was massive, bed was huge, fresh linen every day and towels. Bath robe and slippers provided too. And sea view.....(paid extra) but it was worth every penny to wake up every morning to see the sun rising over Saudi arabia. Bathroom was also very spacious, with hairdryer, shampoo and conditioner and shower gel all provided (only problem was that you didnt get a lot of lather from it!)
Food - WOOOWWW....a man every lunch and dinner was on hand to cook pasta as you wanted it, and every morning a man would cook eggs as you like them and when you had them once, he remembered the next morning and they were on the go as you approached him. For me breakfast was my favourite meal mainly due to the massive plates full of pastrys, bread, pancakes, french toast...sooo much to eat, didn't do my waistline much good. I saw some people complaining about the food. We never had anything that was cold, unless it was supposed to be and we tried most dishes and found them to be very nice. We even had roast beef and yorkshire puddings one night and the beef was better than we have at home! The waiters where again brilliant and remembered your drinks and brought them to you when you arrived in restaurant and was topping up before you had finished! There were some birds flying about inside but it/they were not a problem.
I had a pedicure one day in the beauty salon which was great and we also had a session in the spa on a cloudy day and it was great to have the indoor pool and gym.
Although we have never stayed 5 star before, this is just how I imagined it should be. Previous all inclusive s have involved queues at the bar and small plastic cups, not here, even round the pool the men where coming round and asking if we wanted a drink and bringing them to us.
We were greeted when we arrived as if we were long lost friends and we left having made some too. We would definitely return to this hotel, we didn't have the best weather at first (which is important to us) but the hotel and staff were well worth the visit. One day we will be back to see Mr Boombastic........thanks to everyone x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental