This was my third visit to the IC at Taba Heights and it did not disappoint. The staff are fantastic and do such a great job of ensuring everyone has the best time possible while they unwind and enjoy their holidays. From the moment you walk through the doors of the hotel there is always a smile and sense of happiness with just being here.
The bedrooms are big, bright and airy with large well appointed bathrooms and the bar and restaurant have fantastic views of the swimming pool and sea across to the mountains of Saudi. The change in colours at the end of the day as the sun dips behind the mountains can be breathtaking and if you're really lucky, on a calm evening the sea will turn red and you can understand how it got its name.
Usually at all inclusive hotels the food becomes very boring very quickly as the same dishes are served up every day. Here at the IC, however, the food is excellent (apparently the best in the resort). Gilbert and his team have done a wonderful job of ensuring there is always something different and inspiring to choose and the extensive choice of salads with diverse flavours ensure you just want to go back for more. An evening at the lagoon bar means you can watch the moon creep up from behind the Jordanian/Saudi mountains and gaze at the bright reflection on the water - so romantic.
As the hotel is at the best end of the resort the beach is large and quiet with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas and has easy access to the sea. Its also the closest hotel to the watersports centre, so if you want to walk, its not too far (about 10mins). The hotel provides plenty to do to keep active; from stretch on the beach with the funny Mudy to aqua aerobics in the pool, the well equipped gym or the running track which takes you all along the resort's beach front.
Taba Heights is well positioned to do day trips to anywhere in the surrounding area, although Jerusalem and Petra make for very long days, they are well worth the effort and highly recommended. Star gazing in Sinai is a fabulous evening out, although beware the full moon as you don't see any stars!!!
There is as much or as little to do as you like at this resort and the welcoming Egyptian people never fail to impress me with their friendliness and warm nature making my visits to this hotel so rewarding. Thank you to everyone for being so great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental