We travelled as a Family of 6 adults aged between 22-50 on Saturday 27th April to Monday 6th May .
On Arrival we were dealt with swiftly at reception, we had all booked Shoreview rooms as part of our package holiday but trying to find our way to the room was a big awkward - it wasnt really signposted but we found our way after asking a few people for help!
Two of the three rooms were great, unfortunately our room was really smokey (was a non-smoking room) and even though we left the air con on and the doors/windows open to air out the room overnight we couldnt get rid of the smell. On talking to reception in the morning they were brilliantly helpful and apologetic about the room, we were offered to check out another room to ensure we were happy with it before being moved. We were taken by a porter via Golf Cart to the room and returned to reception once we were definitely happy with it and then moved rooms around 4pm which was fine by us.
The food in the buffet was nice; there was plenty of selection at every meal and the breads were always great. Breakfasts were the same every day and towards the end of the week all the meals got a bit samey - but the barbecue that occured a few nights on the terrace were delicious! The pool bar restaurant was a nice lunchtime break from the mad dash of the buffet, the food was always nice and bit more relaxed.
We did have the BBQ meal at the lagoon on our last night - this was such a good meal! The food just kept coming - mezzah starters (dips, breads and salad) to the meats and sides (veg, rice and potato) and then desserts all for a very reasonable price! It does state 160 Egyptian Pounds per person (roughly £16pp) but then they add on taxes and service charge which is more likely to be around £20pp - still definitely worth getting it as its so yummy and a great break from the buffet!
The pool area was great, and the landscaping around the whole hotel was lovely. The pool bar can get a bit crammed at times and the swim up bar is virtually non-existent but if you tipped the guy collecting the glasses he will get you drinks instead every now and then! The hotel doesnt have much going on but we were there for 9 nights and didnt feel the need to do much else so its not boring to say the least! We did venture out for a walk one day and went snorkelling off the jetty outside another hotel about 15mins walk to the left of the hotel - there is a path all the way along and it is definitely worth making the walk! The water is crystal clear and the amount of fish is amazing! I do not particularly like going in the sea so i stayed on the jetty whilst the others swam - i could see just as much from out the water and it was beautiful! The week before we were there turtles were spotted in this area so go check it out!!
The staff were possibly the best bit of the whole holiday! They were never pushy and just like to have a chat - they were what made the holiday extra special with the fact they would go out of their way to make sure you were happy.
We spent most of our evenings in the Lagoon bar, this was a lot more of a relaxed atmosphere than the lobby bar and was great to try all the cocktails and enjoy the breeze! Also we were staying at the building next to the bar so even more incentive.
All in all, it wasnt a 5 star holiday but it was a nice break with guaranteed weather, great staff and a nice relaxing atmosphere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental