We got back yesterday from a one week stay at this hotel. The weather was fantastic, 40+ degrees ever day, no cloud, no rain.. It might be too hot for those that want to go exploring. For sun worshipers it was fantastic although I'd suggest staying out of it at midday and drinking plenty of water. The hotel was lovely, the rooms really spacious, clean and comfortable. We had a lovely view of the pool and the sea. The air cons works brilliantly, there is room service available not that we used it, a kettle and tea bags/coffee but no milk. I struggled to take milk from the restaurant to my room as I was stopped, so a bit pointless. The showers were huge - nice big walk in ones. Rooms cleaned daily. Most of the staff were really pleasant. Not as chatty/friendly as previous holidays in Cyprus, Turkey, Greece etc.... Some more friendly than others. The only one thing that really put a downer on this holiday was the fact that we were both poorly all week with tummy upset. I strongly recommend you bring plenty of immodium as the nearest pharmacy is a at the local town (which is very remote). It's very cheap but just not convenient to go to when you're not well. We spoke to many people staying at the hotel who were all suffering from tummy upset (even on the plane!) I avoided ice (even though they advise all ice is made with filter water) We can only presume it was the food. There was plenty of choice every breakfast, lunch and dinner but in the end we come to dread meal times, as we were always ill afterwards.
Location: Taba is very remote - you are practically in the middle of no where. There are trips available to do, we spent the day on a sail boat and stopped off to go snorkelling and even tried scuba diving for the first time - it was all quite cheap. If I were to ever come to Egypt again I would only go somewhere like Sharm where there is a little more life, atmosphere and less chance of being ill!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental