I meant to do this sooner to be fair but forgot. My husband and I visited this hotel back in January, we are now looking to return around about June ish next year. Upon arrival, we were greeted by extremely pleasant staff, with a refreshing drink, flannels to freshen up our faces and a complimentary 5 minute massage whilst awaiting our room key. We were then shown to our room which was big, clean and had a lovely view of the Sinai mountains and the little golf course. When we arrived in our room there was fresh fruit and a complimentary cake awaiting us as this was our second honeymoon (problematic first honeymoon, elsewhere) and also a gift voucher entitling us to a massage at the spa. Having got to the resort at night, we decided to have a relaxing evening in the bar area (lobby) where we were served by Ahmed, who remembered which drinks we had ordered and each time he noticed the glasses getting empty, he would bring over another one, so we were never without. The hotel grounds are kept very clean and tidy and always seem to have somebody cleaning or doing something to maintain the area.
The food selection available was plentiful, tasty and varied. The service in the main restaurant was excellent, with Amaar and co reserving our same seats each day and ensuring we were fully topped up with drinks. the waiters and the cooks were all very polite, courteous and willing to go the extra mile for their customers.
The entertainment staff seemed to do a grand job in keeping young children occupied and appeared to have worked very hard on constructing their shows. There was plenty of on site shops in which the people working in there were so friendly and accommodating. The concierge staff were also very accommodating, arranging our cab to take us to the border, so that we could then cross over in to Israel (a must do if you want to scuba or snorkel with dolphins).
The beach that surrounded the hotel was very well kept with plenty of snorkelling opportunities and only a 10 - 15 minute walk to the dive centre. The beach also offered plenty of personal space, nobody was tripping over anyone else to get seats and you get the lovely view of Saudi, Israel and Jordan from the beach in Taba Heights.
Also, only a short ride away was the little town which you get lovely views from driving to and from, and also when you're there.
So overall, this is definitely a hotel worth going to and once you've been, you'll more than likely want to go back. Loved this place. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental