We had our family holiday here for one week from 9th September this year. I was nervous of going, because of the political situation and the expected heat. Well, never have I been more pleased at the outcome. No sign of trouble arriving and on the journey to hotel. Heat manageable for a plump blonde such as I am. Although I do not feel I have seen Egypt as such, I will be going back to this hotel, staff were truly wonderful, all so friendly In a nice not out for tips way which was a change from America.
Food, generally excellent, Sea Bass everyday, one of the Chefs at the lunchtime venue needs a lesson in how to cook chips, but u don't have to eat them every time they appear, do you!
Hotel room was large with a sit on balcony, big bathroom, water pressure was ok. Only gripe was I found the bed (huge ) to hard for me.
Our teenagers went on the long long trip to the Dead Sea etc, and enjoyed it very much, the guide was good and informative, according to the Daughter. We also had a boat trip/ diving, and snorkelling session up the Red Sea to Pharohs island. A good day out on a lovely sail boat.
They also did more diving out on the Red Sea which was very good, amazing fish, haggle over your trip prices, do not pay the first one they come up with, the hotel had so few people in it , the dive centre nearby was very keen to fill its boats, so bargains were had.
Look out for the man with his camel who comes along the beach to stop off for a drink at the outdoor bar, tying his camel to a lump of concrete. Most surreal to see him in all his garb, on a mobile phone!
The animation team, names escape me are great people, working really hard with their shows and displays. Hello to Asoris (sorry if spelt wrong) the belly dancer, sweet girl. They all seem to want shoes above money/tips, so we are sending some. Still tip though, they earn it.
My tan is still on, but I miss the place so much.
Note to hotel management. Pls keep the pool area open longer in the afternoon/evening. 5.30pm is too soon to be shooing people away. You can linger longer but they don't encourage it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental