“First Class Holiday”

Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Reviewed 8 October 2013

As previous reviews have said, Hotel had very low occupancy, which mean't I felt very spoilt and had the most relaxing holiday ever.
The a la carte meals every night were superb, and I don't think you could get better in a michelan star restaurant All the staff were fantastic, and made sure everybody was looked after.
It is a great shame for the hotel that occupancy is not better, but as a guest I can't complain! I would not hesitate to return to this resort. SUPERB.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nearer the central hub, golf course view is a bit of a trek to the pool area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Taba Heights
October 11th , 2013

Dear Debby,

It was very pleasing to know that you had such a wonderful stay at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort and I’d like to thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor.

I was particularly happy to read your comments on the service provided by the team and the dinning experience.
We always strive to ensure our guests complete satisfaction at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion. We do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip to Taba.

From warm and sunny Taba, we send you our best regards.

Yours sincerely,

Martin Benker, General Manager of InterContinental Taba Heights Resort.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the last day of our two week stay, and the experience could not have been better. EVERYTHING, from the size of the room; the quality and range of the food/dining options;the incredibly helpful, courteous, and exceptionally friendly staff (including General Manager "everything is possible" Martin), was absolutely the way we would have wished.
I could go on and on, but, as all good estate agents say "personal inspection is essential".
Well done everyone, thank you, and go on Martin, hang this is the staff locker room so they all can read and take credit.
Ray Appleby

Room Tip: Pool/sea views will also show you the mountains.
1  Thank sunderlandsupporter

Taba Heights
October 11th , 2013

Dear Ray,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort . It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are represented by all our team members.I will be sure to share your fantastic comments with them all! It is always encouraging to read positive comments about our Resort.

We are very glad you enjoyed the hotel, the comfort of the room and the dinning experience as well as the team who managed to make your stay a memorable one.

Once again I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again and until then , we send you our best regards.

Yours sincerely,
Martin Benker - General Manager of InterContinental Taba Heights

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a week All Inclusive here at Intercontinental Taba Heights (one week stay from 23 -30 September). We booked last minute, with a couple of days to pack, and we got an absolute bargain. As previous reviews have stated, the hotel is under-occupancy at present with approximately 10% of guests at hotel (normally 1500 guests at full capacity) and when we were here there were around 150 guests, and they were predominantly Brits. We met the hotel manager (Martin) down at The Reef Bar one evening when we went for afternoon tea and ice cream watching volley ball on the beach, and he said that currently he had a ratio of 1.2 staff for every guest... imagine! We therefore had such a different experience from the usual 'put a sunbed on the bed at sunrise' type of package holiday, it was so relaxing and refreshing. We could pick any bed at the pool or beach we wanted and also as there was so few guests you met and regularly chatted with the guests there and caught up on what everyone had been doing in the day. The lesser occupancy also mean that the hotel did not do the usual buffet you find at AI resorts, instead we had a la carte meals and chose which restaurant we wanted to go from a choice on specific days. My favourite was The Bird Nest, Thai restaurant which is off site and the meal here was perfect. There were fish themed restaurants (El Mar) as well as a la carte meals on site and animation team worked really hard to bring everyone together to have a fun time, and their efforts were tireless. Hello to Mayo and Osiris (Amazing belly dancer!) and all the team who were so friendly, yet never pushy. Sharif at the pool bar was so attentive, he would bring us a top up drink if we were in the pool or laying, reading our books without question, we would just look up and a drink was there ready for us. I travel to Egypt regularly and have been to Marsa Alaam, Nuweiba, Sharm el Sheikh and Taba, usually 3 times a year, however this was one of the most enjoyable trips for the ambience, location, relaxed atmosphere, attentive and friendly staff and guests. I would love to go back but am sure it would be a very different experience if hotel was full but certainly would be worth a try, totally loved every minute!!

(Hello to ALL the other guests we met when we were there too - we will be meeting up with Terry and Linda in Ipswich at end of October, however, they are still out there as they had a 2nd week!!) Love to you all, from Jane and Lindi (Portsmouth)

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to have a sea view and were really spacious and clean, but higher floors are better...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Penguin13
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Jane dear Lindi.

It makes me proud to see how you enjoyed your stay and I thank you not only for reviewing your stay but also for choosing the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a lovely week staying at the Intercontinental Hotel in Taba Heights. It was quiet due to the hotel only being around 10% full, but this gave us and the other guests a really relaxing and quiet resort. The majority of the staff were excellent, they could not do enough for you. One of our breakfast waiters, Khaled was really attentive and kind. The Animation team kept us entertained and fit as best they could considering a lack of guests for them to work with. The al a carte dining was excellent and our favourite was El Mar. Lying on the beach every day was the perfect tonic to rest and relax, the sea was warm but don't forget to take your wet shoes as its very rocky underfoot. Our room was large and spacious, overlooking the pool and beach, the cleaner kept it spotless and tidy and changed the bedding and towels regularly. Would we go back, well the answer is yes

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
1  Thank AlanBeazley

Dear Alan

Our teams and I are also looking forward to your return in the future.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a week spent in Intercontinental Taba Heights and had the most relaxing time. Quiet sandy beaches, hot sun and great snorkeling.
It was a little quiet as was off season and I guess due to the recent trouble in Egypt. But this meant there was no need to rush to grab a sun bed or a table for dinner.
Room was good with a sea view balcony and plenty of space.
Thank you Gomaa for keeping the room so clean.
Food was all perfectly good. I didn't have anything I didn't enjoy.
What made it though was the service. Bendary in the restaurant was fantastic. Fresh drinks were on our table before we even asked and he would go to great lengths to ensure we enjoyed our meal.
The same goes for El Shahat by the pool. Always greeted us with a smile and a chat. Had our towels ready for us and continually checked we had all we need.
Thanks guys. You really made our stay enjoyable.
Gerard & Thien-An (room 1419)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GerardMcG

Dear Thien-An dear Gerard

Reading about a great stay is always a pleasure for our teams and myself.
Thank you for sharing your experience here at TripAdvisor and I look forward to your future return.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Just arrived home after spending a week in the Intercontinental Hotel, what a fantastic week, the hotel, food and staff are all excellent. Visit the hotel, you will not be disappointed. We were not disappointed with anything, the staff are very attentive but not overbearing, the fish and Thai restaurants are suburb with worth trying and the dine around offer gives you the opportunity of eating in the other hotels within the complex.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view rooms, they are lovely
2  Thank elounda6

Dear elounda6

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had our family holiday here for one week from 9th September this year. I was nervous of going, because of the political situation and the expected heat. Well, never have I been more pleased at the outcome. No sign of trouble arriving and on the journey to hotel. Heat manageable for a plump blonde such as I am. Although I do not feel I have seen Egypt as such, I will be going back to this hotel, staff were truly wonderful, all so friendly In a nice not out for tips way which was a change from America.
Food, generally excellent, Sea Bass everyday, one of the Chefs at the lunchtime venue needs a lesson in how to cook chips, but u don't have to eat them every time they appear, do you!
Hotel room was large with a sit on balcony, big bathroom, water pressure was ok. Only gripe was I found the bed (huge ) to hard for me.
Our teenagers went on the long long trip to the Dead Sea etc, and enjoyed it very much, the guide was good and informative, according to the Daughter. We also had a boat trip/ diving, and snorkelling session up the Red Sea to Pharohs island. A good day out on a lovely sail boat.
They also did more diving out on the Red Sea which was very good, amazing fish, haggle over your trip prices, do not pay the first one they come up with, the hotel had so few people in it , the dive centre nearby was very keen to fill its boats, so bargains were had.
Look out for the man with his camel who comes along the beach to stop off for a drink at the outdoor bar, tying his camel to a lump of concrete. Most surreal to see him in all his garb, on a mobile phone!
The animation team, names escape me are great people, working really hard with their shows and displays. Hello to Asoris (sorry if spelt wrong) the belly dancer, sweet girl. They all seem to want shoes above money/tips, so we are sending some. Still tip though, they earn it.
My tan is still on, but I miss the place so much.

l much.
Note to hotel management. Pls keep the pool area open longer in the afternoon/evening. 5.30pm is too soon to be shooing people away. You can linger longer but they don't encourage it

Room Tip: Numbers 1407 and 1408 are inter-connecting and face the Red Sea overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear 22honeybees22

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for staying with us.
I am sorry for the inconveniences your experienced while staying at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort.
I would like to add some aspects to your feedback. Whenever you need anything during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact our teams. I am confident that we are able to offer you with a solution in most cases.

InterContinental Taba Heights Resort

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taba
Taba Hotel and Nelson Village
#13 of 22 in Taba
Isrotel Yam Suf Hotel
Movenpick Resort Taba
Sofitel Taba Heights

Been to Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights? Share your experiences!