“This hotel is beautiful”

Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Taba
Jordan, Philippines
“This hotel is beautiful”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I spent 4 days in this hotel. The hotel was clean and had nice food. Most of all which made my stay most enjoyable was the animation team. Big thankyou to Beth and Eslam who were alot of fun, always polite and friendly! I'd definatley want to come back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to get away and enjoy!

• Stayed August 2014
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear boss_sharaf
Many thanks for staying here at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort and for reviewing our hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed the animation Team and our employees are also very happy that you have honored them by name. We all hope to welcome you again in our paradise.

TABA HEIGHTS RESORT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 5 nights to have some relaxing time away from children.
The hotel looked really nice and clean, rooms were spacious and cleaned every day, pool also clean and very nice.
The other part of hotel was closed were the salt lake should be I think is down to the floods that they had earlier this year.
We had a nice massage in the spa area and enjoyed jacuzzi and sauna, steam room didn't work.

Bad thing in the evening is very boring nothing to do as entertainment is non existing, just making few silly things out of hotel guests like quiz night to guess 5-8 songs and that's it, or miss hotel, or dancing competition all finish by 10-10.30pm and that's it end up sitting there with nothing to do, just drink maybe, however I am not sure if it's just me but alcoholics drinks are very strange. You can have 1 beer or 10 beers, 1 glass of wine or 10 glasses it makes no difference as you don't even get tipsy, not a slightest bit, one lady suggested to drink vodka as it's strong, I tried few cocktails but left it as I am not a huge fan if it. They got so called night club but didn't spot anything there similar to the night club.
Many guests went to Sofitel hotel near by in the evening for entertainment and day time for snorkelling as they got a bridge over there, in here just beach no corals , and no snorkelling.
Wii Fii super slow hardly can open any website and only in the lobby, wire internet in rooms, our friends tried to connect it but it didn't work and staff said it's not their problem.
My husband tried to make phone call abroad, phone line also didn't work they said that it will be fixed tomorrow.
Food is very average.
So if you looking just to get away from everything somewhere quite in the middle of nowhere then it's for you , if you like a bit of action and things to do then look somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vida l
Dear Vida.

We are happy that you enjoyed our nice and spacious rooms and our Housekeeping is very happy that you talk so positive regarding the cleanliness.

The animation Team was surprised, as most of our guests are happy with the shows and the entertainment, and they promised to make an extra show only for you during your next stay with us.
As you already mentioned, the flood in May are still causing some challenges, one is the Internet connection, the line to Taba is since that day very limited, but we are working on this and we will fix this issue soon.
Again Thank you for the detailed review and my Team and me are hoping to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights with my wife and her family. We were 5 families in total. We booked sea view rooms from Jordan and when we arrived they gave us desert view. After objecting we waited for 2 to 3 hours until we could get what we paid for. So we missed the pool as it was already sunset and we were late. Another accident was when i asked for someone to fix the safe box and i was praying with my wife and when the employee came he knoked twice then he opened the room with a key he had without permission. I finished my prayer and showed my frustration to this act. The second day we were having dinner and my 3 years old daughter broke a plastic object which holds the number of the table. The employee in the restaurant was angry and he told me that this is unacceptable and i replied that i am ready to pay for the damaged object. He said that it is a matter of money and that i should learn how to educate my daughter!!!!
I told him that apparently you did not get an appropriate customer service training. I also called the supervisor and showed my frustration of this type of behavior.
Overall the hotel has nothing to do with the well known intercontinental level of service. The quality of food was far below expectation and the hotel was dirty in some parts.
I do not recommend anyone to visit this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hani A
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your experience at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort. I am sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay, neither with our service quality nor with your arrival experience.

First of all I sincerely apologize for the service you received which does not comply with our standards. For this reason we would like to contact you personally to clarify the challenges you had to face. Hence we do not have any contact details please do not hesitate to contact us directly via Mail: reservation.ictaba@ihg.com
Regarding privacy in the hotel, we are recommending for an undisturbed privacy to do always the do not disturb sign outside to the door.

I would be very glad if you will contact me and we will get the chance to restore your confidence with the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort.

Best regards

InterContinental Taba Heights Resort
Palestine
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Me and my family spent there a week and it was just amazing everything is brilliant the staff of the hotel is very kind and loveable i remembet two of the names were micheal and ahmed. The rooms and the pool are wide and always clean the food is very good and overall we really enjoyed our vacation and the animation staff has done a good job, i highly recommend this hotel.and we're deffinetly coming back!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Narmens
Dear Narmens.

We are happy that you enjoyed the animation Team and our employees are also very happy that you have honored the service and we all hope to welcome you again in our paradise.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Thank you for a wonderful holiday and great service at your hotel. My family and I have a special thanks dedicated to your amazing animation team. who made our stay extra wonderful,fun and joyful. bethany, gerard, eslam, and chini we love you all :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ayą T
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear AyaT.
We are happy that you enjoyed the animation Team and we all hope to welcome you again in our paradise.

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've been at this hotel 2 times, in November and February. The Intercontinental has very friendly and helpful staff, neat and clean facilities how they have to be, the pools are always very clean and the hotel has a beautiful Spa center and good food in the restaurant. The Intercontinental is the best hotel in Taba.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura V
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear valued Guest.
Sincerely thank you for staying here at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort and for reviewing our hotel. I wish for you to have similarly fulfilling stays in InterContinental Hotels and Resorts around the world

Jerusalem
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We bookes sofitel in taba heights but we didnt like the hotel which was filled with spiders. So the agent moved us to intercontinental and we were really happy. Very clean . Good food. Excellent staff.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sweetmaria
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear valued Guest.