“Bad experience and does not worth visiting this hotel”

Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Taba
East Jerusalem, null, Israel
“Bad experience and does not worth visiting this hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I regret staying at the Intercontinental Taba , for many reason :
-Front desk staff where very rude and un polite , imagine that the Front Desk Assistant Manager ( Amr) , wants to call Tourist police and take me to court , for only telling him , that he lies on me , when I asked him if possible to talk to the FB Manager Mr. Amaraa , he told me that he is not available , for he wants to his apartment outside the Hotel , then I told him you are lying for I know that the FB manager lives in the Hotel.
- WIFI is very week.
-Food is very poor and repeating itself.
-Service in the dining room need lot of improvements, slow, staff need motivation.
-Drinks , ONLY if you tip,you get cold drinks.
-Cleanness is very bad, chairs covers and very very dirty , table never cleaned , service ware are always dirty and unpolished. And many other issues, in general F&B is ZERO
-Pool Bar staff are not friendly and never had a cold drinks, no tips no cold water, not mentioning the hygiene issue.
-Rooms are OK but Funiture does not fit Inter Standard, linen is very very old.
-Pools staff and recreation department are the best and do worth the money.
I am really sorry to consider this place as my vacation option, never again. Doesn't worth the money I paid.

One last issue , for two days I was trying to meet the GM , but the FO Staff kept on telling me that his is busy , not available , where I knew he was around because I greet him on Saturday evening and he told me tomorrow , Sunday August 23, he be on duty at 8:00 am , but no luck to meet him. !!!

Room Tip: Look for other hotels in the area , this one is very bad.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hussam M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Hussam M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

John O
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

One of the best places anyone can visit..
the staff is great.. service is awesome.. food is yummy.. Rooms are big and clean.. Animation Team is the heart of the hotel especially The Great ♡Eslam♡ and the awesome Gerard.. i had so much fun playing and Dancing with u guys..i hope to meet u again and again..
الجماعة دول عسولين♡

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dema E
Martin B, General Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear valued Guest.
Sincerely thank you for staying here at the InterContinental Taba Heights Resort and for reviewing our hotel.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we all hope to welcome you again in our paradise.
I wish for you to have similarly fulfilling stays in InterContinental Hotels and Resorts around the world

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Our 4 days stay was amazing!
Everything was really good , the friendly staff , great food , clean and tidy rooms.
The service at the bay view needs some improvement but all in all they are good.
Exclusive thanks to the wonderful animation team especially Gerard and Eslam
Definitely worth coming to taba amd staying in this resort again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kaity F

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this great hotel twice in the past and am trying to find an operator that still books all inclusive holidays here in the Uk! I previously went with Thompson but sadly they no longer offer taba as a destination! Anyone help? I can't seem to find another company that offers taba as an all inclusive either!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank d4rr8n69
Martin B, Guest Relations Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear Our Valued Guest

Kindly accept our sincere apology for delay responding to your inquiry email, as the image was not clear regarding that matter.

I have contacted our sales office and i found that the following travel agent are selling our property, however all of it are O.B.T.A ( Online Booking Travel Agents) which is as follow:

YOUtravel.com, Hotelbeds& Hotel4U.com

I hope this mentioned agents will help you to find convenient holiday booking, hoping to count on your understanding the situation of our country with the travel agent who selling the properties in Taba Is a bit limited at the moment, but it will be much more than this very soon

Thank you very much for your inquiry hope to see you soon on the sunny paradise of
InterContinental Taba Heights Resort.

Your Truly

Staff = amazing
Food = amazing
Pool = amazing
Beach = amazing

We thoroughly enjoyed our weeks stay here, I would highly recommend, so very clean and well looked after. Truly excellent in every way.

Room Tip: Top suite with sea view - glorious
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank claireha_1976

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My stay was qiute good but there were some problems. Main problem is service because they prefer arabian people. When you are in the line in lobby bar you have to wait sometimes even 20 minutes but when the arabian comes, he is served immediatelly. Service is quite slow and sometimes rude. You have to talk to them how they should work or behave. Rooms are good. They are big and clean. House keeping is also OK. Food is very good. But management should open all the bars, not only 2! The biggest plus is animatiors esp. Beth and Eslam. They are pretty nice and positive people. They love their job. You can talk to them and play with them all the time. Every evening shows organised by them are really interesing and marvellous. You can't wait to see it. They make your stay excellent and not boring. I wish I could spend my time with them more often.

Room Tip: all are good but I prefer rooms on the higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank norbert k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear norbert k,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I sincerely apologize for you did not find our level of service to your liking and truly sorry for the poor experience you had at the bar. We regret that these aspects have negatively impacted your overall experience with us. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the hotel's management and will be used to consider improvements where possible.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We all hope that you give us another chance so we can make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
Poland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The plus of a hotel is animation team. They are really great people. They like to talk with you and are very friendly. They know how to invite you to participate in some activities. Especially I have to say thank You to Gerard, Eslam and Beth. They were great animators!!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank neivly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear neivly,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you found our animation team highly commendable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Joel B