Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Sofitel Taba Heights(Taba)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$73
US$75
Sol Taba Red Sea(Taba)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$54
US$112
TripAdvisor
2,296 results
All reviewssalt laketaba heightsbay viewpool barother hotelsfishgolf courserelaxing holidayanimation teammain restauranthotel managementall inclusive packagetaf taflunch and dinneraqua gymjordan and saudi arabiacoral reef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2009

well what can i say this holiday was brilliant went to taba for a week and had such a great time, the staff Waleed and Mohammed at the lagoon bar were fantastic and really made the holiday even better. there is the chance of getting ill on any holiday and its usally due to the amount people eat and the heat a tip we got was to drink tea the guy at the quad biking told us thisit really does work! (what a brilliant time we had there would definetly recommend the quads!!) my partner got the taba tummy and we both got ear infections(due to the sea i think which is our own fault) but we are still going to go back hopefully in December. and i must say i cant wait it is just such a nice place and the views are amazing.
The room was cleaned every day and if you leave a little tip for the clearner to say thanks it really pays off.
The food was very nice and even with my partner being fussy when it comes to food there was always something for him to eat.
overall this holiday was worth the money and aslong as you dont drink the water and drink tea everything will be fine!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank catrinanne
Reviewed 23 August 2009

just returned from 2 weeks at the Intercontinental and enjoyed every minute.overall the hotel is spotless and the service from reception through to the cleaners is top rate.The food is very good(after 2 weeks it became a bit predicteble)There is more than enough space on thebeach(no need to get up at 6 and put your towel down) ,we spent most of our time around the Lagoon.Evening entertainment is a bit limited but there are plenty of trips available(something which the brouchure didnt show)Lastly the sun is very fierce(midday around 45-50 c)so wouldnt recommend for very young children.As usual the airport iis a nightmare(take your own food and drink to the airport to save being ripped off by the only shop there)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank marathonman63
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We arrived and I was pleasently surprised, as we were greeted by a food plate and some refreshments as we arrived past the all inclusive times.
The rooms are lovely and spacious; the linen, towels, bathrobes etc were a little worn, but we had our own anyway.
The hotel itself is huge, there are so many buildings to the hotel that it can be overwhelming but once you know where your room is, the dining room and the direction of the beach and pools you are fine. They also have a bank on site so no need to rush and change money.
The food was good. I would say a good effort was made to include all tastes which ws handy for my 5 year old, as pasta was always available in some form. The only problem was the other guests that would take large amonuts of food and then waste it, so you have to be quick, especially is you are a picky eater; the best bits always go first. The waiters also needed some guidance in customer service and as you relied on them for drinks it was somewhat annoying. Mistakes with orders were made, which is acceptable but one waiter gave my son a drink, thought he had made a mistake, came back and took it and gave it to another lady, even after I explained he had drank from it!!!
There isn't very much to do, so if you really just want to relax then this is the place, but more than a week would be a stretch. The pool area is lovely and there is lots of space and chairs but after a week, you really begin to feel bored.
The sore point of this holiday was when we were leaving. Stupidly they havd several planes leaving at the same time which meant that lots of people were checking out the same time. I paid our extras and then decided to get a receipt, when I checked it I then realised that I had been charged for local calls. Local calls in Egpyt, who was I going to call???? So when I asked about them, I was told that they were only small amounts of money so not to worry. When I then asked to speak to the manager I was thrown an American dollor. If my coach was not leaving at the same time I would have had a few choice words!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MAOF1
Reviewed 13 August 2009

If you read thru these reviews as i did before my departure to taba, I really didn't know what to expect....well may i say with all honesty this was one of the most amazing holidays I've had in a long time......the hotel setting IS a definite 5 star!!! strikingly beautiful setting with incredible architecture, the pool and lagoon are fantastic and a stones throw away from the beach.....the sand is course however the sea is like a warm bath!!! do take along snorkeling gear, its well well worth it ! as a mask and snorkel will cost you £20 at the hotel shop...
So to the the food !!! We went for just a week and yes i can imagine it would be repetitive after a week however the selection is very good and i have had much worse here in England, I have been lucky enough to travel the world and may i say I've suffered an upset stomach in many countries.....if your prepared to travel abroad be prepared for an upset for goodness sake.....things are different and that's that!! i too have had taba tummy...i went to the concierge took a course of tablets (£5) as my immodium didn't see it off but it wasn't debilitating and i was all fixed i n a day... drink at least 4 litres of water a day, enjoy your all inclusive drinks its not as potent as our stuff back here.the entertainment is shockingly bad....but the jordanians eygyptians and isrealies liked it by the looks of it....
i cant comment on any trips as we came for a rest but after chatting to people they were worth every penny especially Petra and the romantic evening snorkel.....
all in all i would say take as you find!!!!! the law of averages says we wont all have a good time but i thought it was a spectacular resort with very friendly staff and yes its a 5 star in my eyes.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank air-we-go-again
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We paid for the platium package and for a 5* hotel the experience we had we feel it was more like 3*! My husband and i both had "Taba tummy" and i am still trying to get over it and we have been back for 6weeks!! The food was awful and although the rep informed us that you could feel safe having ice in our drinks, be aware that the bar staff just rinse the glass under the taps!
We were expecting the holiday of a lifetime and we just felt let down and very upset.
Most of the staff were very helpful and would give you outstanding service as long as you tip them often..
The best part of the holiday was the cruise trip, the fish were amazing!!
GIrls if you want to go shopping this is NOT the holiday for you, there are no shops!!
We also felt very threatened at the airport on returning home.. Our flight was delayed by 2hrs and we had no information what so ever!
I would never suggest that anyone visit this hotel on any kind of trip!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple