After having read some of the negative reviews about this hotel, I was not particularly looking forward to going on holiday, and after the awful queing at Gatwick then being told that our case was 2kg overweight & having to transfer some stuff into our hand luggage (only to have it taken away at passport control as it breached the 100ml regulation size) then to top it off we were 5 1/2 hours delayed...I was thinking that the writing was on the wall and this was really going to be a disaster.....however as small as Taba airport is we were through pasport control & found our cases waiting for us and were on the coach within about 15 minutes of landing.
Once at the hotel it didnt take long to check-in and a little porter arrived in a golf buggy to take us & our case straight to our room, which was far better then expected. The room was bigger then any other that we have stayed in, with a lovely spacious bathroom (huge shower) and all very clean. When we got up in the morning and went out onto the balcony (massive) we faced onto the golf course, with the mountains to the left & the beach to the right, the balconies themselves are very private and you are not overlooked by anybody (not even your neighbours).
All-inclusive meals are served in the restaurant, the girls are welcoming and seat you (we never had to wait) and usually the waiter will be there to take your drink order as you are sitting down. The food itself is plentiful and there really is something for everyone and each mealtime, I cannot imagine what other reviewers of this hotel have found to complain about, the food is cooked really well and we never suffered the dreaded 'pharoahs tummy' once, yes OK maybe the chairs could do with a bit of TLC but when you consider that most people sit on them with their wet swim-suits on, it's really not surprising that they look a bit tatty, and you only have to sit on them, not eat your food off of them!!!!!
The pool's are lovely, though it would seem that people get up extremely early to do that 'towel on the bed thing', but we found the beach to be much quiter & more private, you will need to invest in a pair of diving shoes as the coral & pebbles make it difficult to get into the water, but it is worth it to see all the fishes swiming in the rock pools left behind by the out-going tides, and the sea is lovely and warm.
The salt-water lake is equally appealing and yes the fishes do take to nibbling at your feet, it's actually quite funny listening to peoples reaction to them.
We never went on any of the excursions, mainly because we were only there for a week, and just wanted to relax.
We never encountered any rudness and all the staff seemed happy and eager to help if you needed it. Our room was kept spotlessly clean and we always had a good supply of tea & coffee.
Please dont be put off of this hotel by any of the terrible stories that you might read, like I was, it far exceeded my expectations and I will definately be returning in the future.
Oh and as a post-script.......the sun shines shines shines!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental