InterContinental Taba Heights
After reading many of the reviews I was slightly wary of where I was about to go for my holiday with my partner and being we are both very fussy I thought im not even going to say anything and just see how this goes.
When we landed and taken to the smallest airport I have ever seen, qued through all the people and everything sorted taken to our coach, police escorted (don’t be alarmed) to hotels.
The Intercontinental took off all our luggage, the sorted by rooms, us taken inside to check in but as queue was rather big we was taken down to get dinner, which baring in mind the time I thought was great….the food at 12am was ok im not going to rave about it and actually I feared if it was like this I would be looking for food else where….
Checked in all ok, taken to room and WOW the room was lovely and big, and bathroom, walk in shower even phone by the toilet if you wanted chat whilst you was on there lol
Very clean also, little toiletries bath robes and slippers.
Room had great big bed, safe, air con, lots of clothing and draw space, TV with good channels to a lot of English.
Balcony where we stayed was HUGE we was a 1st floor room and a corner room so the balcony went all the way round so this was great and furniture outside also.
Morning came and breakfast was actually very very nice. Obviously no pork traditional bacon or sausage but they had beef bacon and chicken sausages which where good, a lot of cereal fruit was good orange juice apple juice etc.
Served in big dinning hall and waiters very very helpful…one thing though as there are such a larger amount of people in 1 sitting to get a drink takes abit of time so order 2 in 1 go.
The lunch also was surprisingly good a lot of choice everyday was different and I found the home made soup was beautiful.
Also there was a large selection of fresh bread, we found the bread you cut yourself is just the best and what you would expect in England.
Dinner also was great the food I can not fault to be honest, a lot of desserts, salads.
If you like your food then GOOD because we was eating 3 course meals lunch and dinner, and we are both very fussy with our foods.
We did have dinner at one of the ala carte restaurants that you have to pay for which I found abit cheeky but still it was lovely great bit of steak and massive portions.
The pools where all lovely and well you will spend a lot of time in them, the weather was just so hot so sosososososososo hot I seriously thought when people where telling us before we went how hot it was they was lying, well they are not.
Even at night its very very hot.
A lot of activities to do, water aerobics, volleyball, football etc
But overall with out going on anymore I love this place my one downer on it is the reception NEEDS air con it is so hot and im not going to lie you will probably get delayed going home as the airport is so small and they amout of people there aloud in at one time to the amount going home is just a nightmare.
BUT all in all I think you should ignore the negative reviews and take all the good ones at the truth and do not let it put you off it is a really lovely welcoming place and I will be sure to be going back.
Also if you need a supermarket go on the shuttle bus to the town and its got all english goodies
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Golf Beach & Golf Resort Taba Heights is part of a premier resort community on the Red Sea coast. Surrounded by desert mountains, white sand beaches and turquoise waters, it offers a wealth of leisure options including golf, water sports, shopping and gaming. A short drive away are Pharaoh s Island, Colored Canyon and the Taba Protected Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Strand Beach and Golf Resort Taba Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Taba Heights Hotel Taba
- Hotel Intercontinental Taba Heights
- Intercontinental Hotel Taba Heights
- Taba Intercontinental
- Taba Heights Intercontinental