Aroha Taveuni
US$1,097
US$952
Taveuni Dive Resort(Taveuni Island)
US$316
US$261
  • Pool
Garden Island Resort(Taveuni Island)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$169
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Paradise Taveuni(Taveuni Island)
US$249
US$216
  • Pool
Sau Bay Fiji Retreat(Waiyevo)(Great Value!)
US$246
Taveuni Palms Resort(Matei)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdennis and ngaireoutdoor showerrainbow reefbase to explorebeachfront bureperfect hostsmedical missionsomosomo straitfishnatural water slidesowners and staffa special placestayed longercoastal walkamazing foodevery mealkitchenette
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just recently we spent six days at Aroha Taveuni. Wow what a wonderful place to stay. The bures were beautiful and fresh and clean, the gardens were wonderful, the staff were fantastic and Ngaire and Denis are great hosts. We came home feeling so refreshed and felt like we'd made a heap of new friends. While I like to relax in the gardens and read, then swim, then read some more, my husband enjoying kayaking and snorkelling and he had a ball going down the natural waterslide close by. I have to say that this was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable holidays that I have had. You have to experience this place yourself to know what I am thing about.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beautiful water.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Taveuni is a great Fijian island, off the beaten path, no massive resorts or tourists everywhere. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Aroha Taveuni. The burres are lovely, with an outdoor shower and beautiful verandah overlooking the straits. You can cook on your verandah, walk into the village for dinner or, the best option, eat at Aroha. The food was excellent. Ngarie and Dennis went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. I'd go back in a hearbeat....and if you are a diver I'd suggested Taveuni Dive

Room Tip: All rooms are great, rooms 1 and 2 have a deck in front of the bure (in addition to the verandah)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This review is long overdue...I've stayed at Aroha 2 times in the past and I can't wait to go back again in April! The staff is the most hospitable in Taveuni! There are not enough words to sing the owner's praise! I've stayed at 2 other resorts on Taveuni and this is by far my favorite! It's one of the few that has direct beach access where you can snorkel right in front of your bure! With the kitchenettes its nice to be able to make your own meals (if you choose) but if food is offered it is BY FAR the best on the island!! The outdoor showers are to die for and the wi-fi is ALWAYS working! Make sure you play a game of kubb! Its so much fun! Highly recommend for all!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Take a look at the picture and it says it all. There, on my private verandah, I begin my day with a pot of freshly ground and pressed coffee, turn on my I pad to check in with the other side of the world, take a sip of coffee and then gaze out over the glittering water of the SomoSomo straits. I've just awoken from a restful sleep in the comfy, extra long beds that are carefully made with my favorite, freshly pressed sheets. Soon, I'll walk over to the pool area to have breakfast. The table will be laden with different cereals, fresh tropical fruit, juice and more fresh coffee or tea. I'll meander back and hit the outdoor shower (magnifying mirror and extra shower heads), dress and decide how to spend the day in paradise. So many choices...I can walk, hike or ride a bike to explore by myself, or maybe I'll dive the Rainbow Reef again. Maybe I'll read a book by the pool, then have Lo give me a massage in the outdoor bure. Maybe I could catch a bus into town and have indian curry and shop, then go to Bouma Falls to swim. Tormenting...the decisions. Maybe I'll do nothing and love it. Tonight, I'll look forward to yet another incredible dinner of Cookie's creation, then I'll enjoy the company whoever is around the dinner table and drift back to bed, to sleep and hear nothing but the faint sound of the water lapping at the shoreline 20 feet away. But wait, the sky is clear.. with the stars cast across the sky like glitter. This just can't get any better.

Room Tip: Bures one and two are my favorite because they have the most privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Go ahead, have high expectations. They will be met. Simple as that. The Kiwis running the place are wonderful people. Their bures are superb. To go on is to be repetitive as others have stated it all already.

Is there a down side? Hmmm difficult to come up with one. Have one but it is minor. Beach is not grand but Fiji Islands with the exception of the Yasawa Islands do not have great beaches. Still, it is a nice enough beach with wonderful grounds and surroundings.

I cannot think of another place you would want to stay when visiting this island. Go!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple