“Magically!”
Review of Aroha Taveuni

and 1 more site!
Aroha Taveuni
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We were a company of two couples for my birthday in May 2013.
This is the best place to stay we have had in 10 years of active travel.
The hotel's owners Dennis and Ngaire and their great team is always ready to help fulfill your every desire: barbecue, cycling, diving, island trips - everything is done simply ask and with a desire to please the guests.
A cake that is baked them cook for my birthday was a very pleasant surprise and is perfect!
We'll be back!
PS: Hello my friend - Mini dog :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. We loved every minute and barely left the bure at all except to sit at the pool or by the beach. I can't say enough good things about Aroha, or its owners Dennis and Ngaire. There was an attention to to detail here that is rare in the service industry, including things I have never experienced before. Know this: they pre-separate the mosquito coils! If you have ever dealt with mossie coils before, you know they are annoying to separate. This was a small detail that makes a huge difference in your stay. Similarly, the kitchen supplies are topped up daily--never had to ask for anything. They don't just leave you instant coffee but real grounds and a plunger. There is fresh fruit for you every day. Twice we cooked dinner for ourselves in the petite well-stocked kitchen and twice we ate at the house. The house chef Cookie was brillant, especially the all-veg meal and the fish meal. There is wine and beer on premises at no markup, and there is a small grocery store down the road (5 min walk) with the essentials (ginger, garlic, onion, egg, rice). There is a fair degree of privacy, although the bungalows are arranged in duplex format. This is really the kind of place you can stay a long time. It's one of the best places we stayed at on our tour of the South Pacific.

Room Tip: they all seem nice. we had one with the private patio/sun deck and I think it was the best one :-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raincitysunshine
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Taveuni is a beautiful island and the Aroha Taveuni Resort is a beautiful place to stay. Your vacation starts with Dennis picking you up at the airport and driving you back to the resort along some of the most beautiful coastline you can imagine. Once at the resort you will be escorted to your room. There are 5 bures (cottages, I suppose). The bed arrangement can be two twins or a queen, as all rooms can manage this switch. Four of the rooms have marvelous outdoor showers, all with views of the lush green rain forest mountains that run the spine of the island. The bathrooms are double-sinked - quite civilized. Breakfast and dinner were served at the main house every day and the food was delicious. In the evening, dinners were either Fijian or Indo-Fijian depending on which cook staff was manning the kitchen. Dennis and Ngaire make you feel totally at home and they can point you to all of the things to experience and do on Taveuni. This is a first class place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There is the capability of combining two adjacent rooms if you have children. Some of the bures have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just recently we spent six days at Aroha Taveuni. Wow what a wonderful place to stay. The bures were beautiful and fresh and clean, the gardens were wonderful, the staff were fantastic and Ngaire and Denis are great hosts. We came home feeling so refreshed and felt like we'd made a heap of new friends. While I like to relax in the gardens and read, then swim, then read some more, my husband enjoying kayaking and snorkelling and he had a ball going down the natural waterslide close by. I have to say that this was one of the most relaxing and enjoyable holidays that I have had. You have to experience this place yourself to know what I am thing about.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beautiful water.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Taveuni is a great Fijian island, off the beaten path, no massive resorts or tourists everywhere. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Aroha Taveuni. The burres are lovely, with an outdoor shower and beautiful verandah overlooking the straits. You can cook on your verandah, walk into the village for dinner or, the best option, eat at Aroha. The food was excellent. Ngarie and Dennis went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our stay. I'd go back in a hearbeat....and if you are a diver I'd suggested Taveuni Dive

Room Tip: All rooms are great, rooms 1 and 2 have a deck in front of the bure (in addition to the verandah)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This review is long overdue...I've stayed at Aroha 2 times in the past and I can't wait to go back again in April! The staff is the most hospitable in Taveuni! There are not enough words to sing the owner's praise! I've stayed at 2 other resorts on Taveuni and this is by far my favorite! It's one of the few that has direct beach access where you can snorkel right in front of your bure! With the kitchenettes its nice to be able to make your own meals (if you choose) but if food is offered it is BY FAR the best on the island!! The outdoor showers are to die for and the wi-fi is ALWAYS working! Make sure you play a game of kubb! Its so much fun! Highly recommend for all!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Take a look at the picture and it says it all. There, on my private verandah, I begin my day with a pot of freshly ground and pressed coffee, turn on my I pad to check in with the other side of the world, take a sip of coffee and then gaze out over the glittering water of the SomoSomo straits. I've just awoken from a restful sleep in the comfy, extra long beds that are carefully made with my favorite, freshly pressed sheets. Soon, I'll walk over to the pool area to have breakfast. The table will be laden with different cereals, fresh tropical fruit, juice and more fresh coffee or tea. I'll meander back and hit the outdoor shower (magnifying mirror and extra shower heads), dress and decide how to spend the day in paradise. So many choices...I can walk, hike or ride a bike to explore by myself, or maybe I'll dive the Rainbow Reef again. Maybe I'll read a book by the pool, then have Lo give me a massage in the outdoor bure. Maybe I could catch a bus into town and have indian curry and shop, then go to Bouma Falls to swim. Tormenting...the decisions. Maybe I'll do nothing and love it. Tonight, I'll look forward to yet another incredible dinner of Cookie's creation, then I'll enjoy the company whoever is around the dinner table and drift back to bed, to sleep and hear nothing but the faint sound of the water lapping at the shoreline 20 feet away. But wait, the sky is clear.. with the stars cast across the sky like glitter. This just can't get any better.

Room Tip: Bures one and two are my favorite because they have the most privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo