“Great dive shop on Taveuni!”

Taveuni Ocean Sports
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife and I did 14 dives with Taveuni Ocean Sports. This is maybe the best dive op we have ever used. Julie and all the staff were great. The were all very helpful and did whatever needed to make sure divers enjoyed themselves. There was never more than 4 divers to a guide. One day there were 8 divers and they stil took out both both boats, only 4 divers on each boat! So the diving was almost private, not at all crowded. Very safety minded with helpful dive briefings. The diving was very good with lots of fish. Surface intervals were on a nice beach and with great snacks and drinks. I highly recommend using Taveuni Ocean Sports if you stay on Taveuni Island. And Nakia is a great resort to stay at and just a short walk away from Taveuni Ocean Sports.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"dive plan"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I recently travelled to Taveuni on a honeymoon. Upon reading other reviews about Taveuni Ocean Sports, we decided to book all of our diving with them. This dive operation is top-notch! Julie and her staff are extremely helpful, knowledgable, and most importantly, safe. Every dive began with a dive briefing (things to see, direction/strength of currents, hazards to look out for, and the overal general plan for the dive). Surface intervals were spent eating fresh fruits and baked goods with fresh juice or tea. There was one occasion where the tides were a little behind schedule and Julie searched several dive sites to make sure that we would get the best dive in. I cannot say enough about how great the staff was and their level of professionalism and good-spirited attitudes. My wife and I were also interested in doing some surfing while at Taveuni. Julie planned all of that for us as well and we had a great, although humbling, day of surfing. We also ate a few times at the Nakia Resort (owned by Julie's parents) and it became obvious that the kindness and professionalism runs in the family. If you decide to book your diving with Taveuni Ocean Sports you are in for a treat!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I spent two weeks on Taveuni in September 2013. My experience with TOS (Taveuni Ocean Sports), was flawless from booking to saying goodbye, with teary eyes..!

Julie was responsive and helpful from the first e-mail I sent, a month prior to my arrival. Since they have a satellite office next door to Beverly campground, I was greeted by her staff member as soon as I got on the island.

I was picked up from my campground like a clock every day at the same time, no matter who picked me up, it was always with a smiley face and a loud BULA!!

The dive operation is as good as they get, I left my gear there for the full two weeks, it was washed and dried and ready to go for me the next day.

Now, to the best part- the team...

After two weeks of diving with TOS I felt like family. Manasa is one of the best Dive Masters I have encountered in my travels, he did not miss anything there is to see. diving with a slate, Manasa always informed me under water of what I am looking at:

"Want to see a clown fish rock?", "Sure.." I replied...OH WAIT, a familiar sound, Manasa's metal shaker, he points to the surface... A giant manta ray passes by!!

As an experienced diver, you want your dive leaders to be knowledgeable of their environment and point out those things you are not always aware of.

Ron was at the helm every morning, always with a happy smile on his face. Thomas, Maori, Sosi, and of course Viti, I enjoyed spending time with this whole team, and I miss them all.

The surface stop's home made cakes and juice, the healthy reefs and the whole environment, where time slows down and you immerse yourself in the ocean, the sand, and the island friendliness, made this experience perfect.

I have been diving in the red sea, F. Polynesia, Mexico, Honduras, Florida keys, and more... Taveuni and my experience with TOS was without a doubt the best diving experience so far.

I will be back, very soon..

Reviewed 19 October 2013

My boyfriend and I had never been diving before and we obtained our PADI open water certifications from Taveuni Ocean Sports. We were immediately put at ease by the whole crew. The service, facilities, equipment, boats, and vehicles are all top notch. Manasa was our instructor and was very calm, patient, friendly, and professional. Julie has to be one of the nicest people I've ever met. She is incredibly genuine, passionate, and knowledgeable about anything to do with the ocean. We had a lot fun with the entire crew including Viti, Manasa, Julie, Thomas, Wayne, to name a few. We also had the pleasure of having lunch at Robin's, Julie's Mom's, restaurant called the Cliffhouse located at the Nakia Resort & Dive Shop across the street and up the hill from Taveuni Ocean Sports. We did not stay at the Resort but would definitely consider staying there if we return. It's unbelievably beautiful with amazing views of the ocean. We sat outside on the deck and enjoyed delicious and fresh food with the other guests that were staying there. We pushed our tables together so we could share stories about our amazing dives and experiences. Sis the dog greeted us when we arrived at the resort. The staff and service were also fabulous at the resort.

The dives were breathtaking. We learned that there are 400 types of coral and 1500 types of fish. The coral were so colorful and vibrant and we were able to see Octopus, reef Sharks, trumpet fish, parrot fish (eats coral and excretes sand-I thought that was so cool!) unicorn fish, Fijian clown fish, magic coral (changes color), grouper and countless other fish. It was an experience of a lifetime!

We would like to return to Fiji in the future and we'll definitely dive with Julie and her staff again!