“Beautiful experience of nature”

Lavena Coastal Walk
More attraction details
Owner description: Beginning at Lavena village, this guided walk takes you along Taveuni's wild southeastern coastline, past breathtaking views, black sand beaches and beautiful forests.
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful experience of nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

Beautiful ferns, palms, sea rocks, birds,welcome etc. But check the bus times if that is your choice of transport. Only FJ$5 each way but departure and return depends on the driver and some days is earlier than advertised. FJ$50 taxi if you miss it. We will return and stay at the accomodation (backpackers style) so that we have more time. Talking to others the best trip is by powerboat to the waterfall and walk back. Ian

Visited March 2011
1 Thank ianjon

Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences in Taveuni”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2007

My husband and I stayed in Taveuni as a part of our honeymoon in June 2005. I think our resort charged 90 FJD per person for this excursion, but we hired a cab driver for a day to drive us to both the coastal walk and the Tavoro Waterfalls nearby. Just go into town and ask around!

He took us to Lavena village, where we met up with our guide who was very kind and friendly (as you'll find that all Fijian people are). Since we were the only people there, he took us on an essentially private hike. I think the hike lasted for 2 hours and went along the coast (which was beautiful), ending at a little gorge where we swam to a waterfall at the end. I'm not a very strong swimmer - I basically hugged the rocks on the side until we got to the waterfall. Our guide climbed to the top of the waterfall and dived into the water beneath, and my husband slid down a small waterfall/waterslide on the side.

Along the hike, our guide told us about his village culture, the economy, etc. as well as the flora and fauna. He told us about hunting wild boars, planting crops, etc. He even invited us to a friend's house on the way back, where we tried some authentic Fijian cuisine!

I would definitely recommend this hike as a must-see for any visitors to Taveuni, plus you're supporting the local village!

5 Thank ZoeCY