We stayed at Taveuni Palms for five unforgettable days in late May 2007. We have traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America and stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the world. Without doubt, Taveuni Palms was the best vacation experience we have had anywhere in the world. There were so many wonderful things about Taveuni Palms that I feel compelled to break them down:
1. Accommodations -- The villas are spectacular. We stayed in the lower villa, which had beautiful grounds, a private swimming pool and separate shaded plunge pool. The villa also had a private beach with two kayaks we could take out at our leisure. The villa was large, airy, comfortable, luxurious, and had the most amazing outdoor showers. The view from the villa and its grounds was breathtaking. We had to pinch ourselves to believe we were really staying here. The beds were very comfortable, the towels large and soft, and the refrigerator stocked with plenty of beverages. It was simply fabulous.
2. Service -- The staff was absolutely incredible in their attentiveness, friendliness and graciousness. I loved picking up the phone to order breakfast, as I was instantly greeted with a friendly "Bula Eva," "How are you this morning?" in the warmest voice you could imagine. This is where "fantasy island" comes in. No matter what we asked for, the staff delivered and consistently exceeded our expectations. The daily massages on our deck overlooking the ocean were heavenly. By the end of the trip, we considered the staff as part of our family. They were the kindest people we have ever met. The owners Kelly and Tony are delightful people, and we very much enjoyed getting to know them. Kelly's attention to detail is just amazing. This was by far the best service we have experienced on earth.
3. Food -- The food was absolutely 5 star. The food was the best food we have ever eaten on any trip anywhere. Everything was made from scratch incorporating fresh, local ingredients. On our first day, Kelly told us she was sending "the boys" out to catch us some fish for dinner. When it arrived on our table, we had the most delicious yellow fin tuna I have ever tasted. My husband Mark is a picky eater, and he loved everything they made. I must also note that Taveuni Palms was incredibly accommodating, making us separate dishes (lobster and steak) to accommodate my husband and me. We ate on our beautiful Bula deck overlooking the ocean almost every day, occasionally altering to our house deck or pool side table. The table settings were spectacularly beautiful, incorporating shells, flowers and gorgeous linens. I even received a complimentary cooking lesson to learn how to make the yummy bula wraps. It was a fantasy!
4. Excursions and Activities -- Although it was hard leaving the wonderful villa, the excursions and activities were a highlight of our trip. We were whisked away by air-conditioned private car to the north end of the island for the Lavena Coastal kayak and walk. It was stunningly beautiful, and our guide Simone was incredibly knowledgeable. Afterwards we sat with the locals in their village and learned about their culture. We also went horseback riding on the south side of the island and scuba dived the famous - and aptly named - rainbow reef. It was breathtaking. All of the excursions were totally private, and our car was driven by Babu who we chatted with for hours. Babu was wonderful, and we learned so much about the local culture. There are so many things to do on Taveuni that we did not come close to doing them all. We will have to return.
5. Experience -- This was the most incredible vacation experience of our lives. The Fijian people are some of the most friendly people you will come across anywhere on earth, and the loving people of Taveuni - including the wonderful staff and owners of Taveuni Palms - are what made this vacation experience so unique. If you are looking to mingle with other guests or stay up in late night bars, this is not the place for you. If, however, you are looking for a totally private, romantic, relaxing and pampering vacation with options for interesting cultural excursions and a host of recreational activities, then this is the place.
Kelly and Tony - thank you for the best vacation of our lives. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your ultimate private, luxury Fiji resort awaits. The perfect honeymoon, wedding or vacation of a lifetime in your South Pacific Paradise. Voted as the "Best Boutique Honeymoon Resort in the World" Taveuni Palms Resort combines an unparalleled luxury resort with the lush oasis of Fiji's Taveuni Island. Unspoiled white sand beaches, warm turquoise ocean, world class diving and snorkeling - welcome to paradise. Each villa sits on its own private acre and offers its own private pool, beach, 5 private dining locations and a personal staff of seven. Taveuni Palms resort has been voted by the World Travel Awards as "Australasia's Leading Boutique Resort", "Australasia's Leading Villa's" and "Fiji's Leading Resort" and won the "Luxury Villa Resort" category for Fiji at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Taveuni Palms also won "Best Honeymoon Resort in the World" at the Boutique Hotel Awards and has been listed by FORBES as one of the most luxurious honeymoon destinations in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your Taveuni Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taveuni Palms Hotel Taveuni Island
- Taveuni Island Palms Hotel
- Taveuni Island Palms Resort