We're writing this as a way to say thanks again to Paradise Taveuni, especially Allen and Terri our owner/hosts and everyone on his team. In particular, we'd like to send our warm appreciation to Mikeali, the amazing Sapo, Naomi, Sunny, Satesh, the team at the Pro Dive Shop, and really everyone who took such great care, every moment quietly and industriously making sure our stay was idyllic and truly Fijian. We stayed at Paradise from 10/21-10/28, dove about twice a day every day in the morning and got massages, swam in the salt water pool, took out kayaks on the calm ocean, took hikes and much more. There's almost too many great things to say. The service was superlative. The food delicious. Diving amazing. Rainbow Reef is unlike any other place. Do this trip. You won't regret it.
The house reef is great for diving (or snorkeling). Within hours, we were in the water and Allen took us right over to where the blue ribbon eels live, and we happened upon a sea snake, a big happy shark, fantastic coral, and much more (Also just a tremendous night dive). Rainbow Reef: We saw 3 sperm whales on our first day and got to go in the water with them. Some of our favorite sites were the Fish Factory, The Zoo and Great White Wall. We even had lunches on a private remote beach in an unreal setting. Boat rides ware short and we had tons of time for landlubbing activities.
Some of other unforgettable moments include our hike with Sapo and finding the elusive and rare flower on Mount Tagimaucia. Always flexible, Paradise fulfilled our special request to hike the mountain (the standard is to be driven), and we were rewarded with silence dappled by great stories and a cool rush of water from a waterfall on the way down.
We also highly recommend reserving for the Romantic Dinner (amazing service, watch the sunset, and dine under a blanket of stars) and slipping helplessly down the Volcano water slide, jumping 20 ft into deep water under Bouma Falls, watching/experiencing Sapo explain the Lovo meal preparation and just spending time, feeling like a treasured and honored guest. The Pure Fiji products provided are awesome. Buy some or you'll regret it later.
Just short of perfect: It rained quite a bit, but even then the diving was amazing and the rain was relaxing. We swam, took walks and naps. The hot water in the shower feels awesome after a dive, but as is probably typical of such a remote location, it can be tricky. We figured it out and enjoyed nice hot showers. Rest assured, Allen, Terri, Mikeali and the team will take care of anything, so just ask and it'll be done. We're likely coming back!
Pictures were taken by my fiancé with a Canon 6D with Ikelite strobe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Taveuni, situated on the southern tip of Taveuni, is Fiji's freshest new boutique Resort. Its unique Deep Water Frontage allows Guests to dive, snorkel and swim from the lava flow edge into pristine warm tropical waters any time. To experience the culture of mystical Fiji, spend time in Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Taveuni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Taveuni Hotel Taveuni Island
- Paradise Taveuni Island
- Paradise Hotel Taveuni Island