This was our second visit to Paradise, the first being in September 2010. The initial trip was one of our most memorable holiday experiences and my partner and I wondered if the second time around would be as good. I'm glad to say we weren't disappointed!!!
On arrival we were greeted warmly by the staff and owners, all of whom remembered us from our previous visit and made us feel like VIPs. All of my 'real world' worries disappeared in no time with a welcome footrub, fruit platter and bottle of sparkling wine provided at our bure overlooking SomoSomo Strait. In fact, my only concern all week was how we would ever manage to leave once our time was up!
It is hard to put the Paradise experience into words, it really is something special. The following are a few thoughts and experiences that come to mind as highlights:
- The staff are fantastic. We love the personal interaction with the Paradise team, who each knew us by name and would ask about our day and assist with our every need. Maikeli, Beta, Anarae, Kata, Sue, Suli, Suni and Sep in particular were great. Most nights Suli, Sep and others would play the guitar and sing to the guests at dinner. My partner and I loved this and the atmosphere it created! We loved the personal touch on everything, which included a birthday cake for my partner on our last night, with the entire Paradise team singing happy birthday!
- The location is incredible. The resort has a spectacular view of the SomoSomo Strait that I could stare at all day. I did this many days and spotted a sperm whale, turtles and manta rays right out the front of the resort! The resort aspect means it is sheltered from the trade winds so almost everyday is calm and perfect for swimming and other water activities. There is no beach, but there is a landing with a ladder which makes water access easy - the water was crystal clear and 29 degrees Celsius!!! We love that the location is out of the way for the average tourist. The flight in on the twin prop aircraft is an adventure, as is the drive to the resort which takes around an hour and includes some spectacular views of the strait and surrounding islands. You'll feel a world away from your day-to-day reality in no time at all - this is the real Fiji.
- The Paradise Spa is excellent. I purchased a 5 day package for my partner as a birthday gift. She loved the variety and quality of the treatments available. The resort staff have recently undertaken refresher training and were really on their game, in particular with massage.
- For those who need to do more than just chill out, there are plenty of activities available. I went fishing, snorkelling, kayaking and wild boar hunting. Many of the other patrons were divers and all that I spoke to raved about the quality of the sites they dived. Some of my captured fish were expertly prepared and served to me for lunch and dinner!
- We loved our bure with its outdoor shower, spa and view. Paradise caters for only a small number of guests so you'll never feel like just another number.
- We appreciated and enjoyed a number of upgrades and freebies as return guests - extra spa treatments, an upgraded meal package etc.
So visit number two was another truly memorable experience for us. We have promised not to let 4 years pass again before we return. Special mention also to owners Allan and Terri who chatted with us daily and went over and above to make our trip special. We miss Thomas, Jess, Browny and Beethoven very much as well!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Taveuni, situated on the southern tip of Taveuni, is Fiji's freshest new boutique Resort. Its unique Deep Water Frontage allows Guests to dive, snorkel and swim from the lava flow edge into pristine warm tropical waters any time. To experience the culture of mystical Fiji, spend time in Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Paradise Taveuni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Taveuni Hotel Taveuni Island
- Paradise Taveuni Island
- Paradise Hotel Taveuni Island