“Very clean hotel but dishonest staff !!”
Review of Hotel Takia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Labasa
Hotel Takia
Ranked #1 of 4 Labasa B&B and Inns
Surrey, Canada
“Very clean hotel but dishonest staff !!”
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. Found the hotel to be very clean and tidy. During the trip I had purchased some fish to be taken to Canada. I had it cut in curry peaces and packaged it in 10 zip lock plastic bags. I asked the front desk staff if I could store it in the hotel freezer which they said was no problem. I was directed to take it to the kitchen where the walk in Freezer was. The fish were freshly cut [ not frozen ] and were 12 peaces per pack. There was a man and a lady in the kitchen. The man showed me the freezer and left however the lady stayed and watched us put the fish away. We placed the fish in the frezer and went away. Next day we picked up the fish and left for Suva. In Suva while transfereing the fish to another freezer Where i discovered that 5 packages had only six peaces. In words 30 peaces of fish were missing. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Uday974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brisbane, Qld
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I stayed one night here in Dec '09. My stay in Labasa was planned as a two day excursion from Savusavu, but as there wasn't too much to do in Labasa, I couldn't see the point of another night in the Hotel Takia and headed back to Savusavu the next morning.

On the positive side, the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. There was a security officer on duty as well. The establishment is also within easy walking distance to the bus terminal, and centrally located right on the main street. That's about where it ends.

To be fair, there probably wasn't anything about Hotel Takia that would encourage the use of the words "dreadful" or "horrific", or synonyms of each. Rather, it's just that everything about the place that I saw is pretty run down and uninviting. The floor in my room was unstable in places - it moved up and down - , the bar area was shabby and uninviting and, a little disconcerting, the locks on the doors appeared to be the cheapest available and not too secure. Anyone who's a touch fragile will probably find the beds uncomfortable as well, assuming they're all of an identical standard to the one in my room. I didn't try the restaurant, so I can't comment on it.

Summary: Well, there are more inviting hotels in Labasa for around the same money. Check them out.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank Hastatus

Travellers are raving about these Labasa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Labasa
Grand Eastern Hotel
Nukubati Private Island
Friendly North Inn
Friendly North Inn
#5 of 6 in Labasa

Been to Hotel Takia? Share your experiences!