“Holiday of a lifetime ”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Labasa
Sydney, Australia
“Holiday of a lifetime ”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Our trip to Nukubati surpassed even our high expectations. The resort is small, beautiful and very relaxed. Our accommodation (the honeymoon bure) was enormous (4 different seating areas inside and out!!) and beautiful. Jenny and her staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and the service is excellent. I particularly enjoyed the daily laundry service, champagne on the balcony at sunset and the turn down service while we were enjoying dinner. One of the many things that sets Nukubati apart from other all-inclusive resorts is that not only is the food unique and delicious but you can enjoy your meals at any time of the day and anywhere on the island. For someone like me who loves a lie-in I was delighted to hear that breakfast was available all day! Activities include all the usual watersports, informative nature walks, a traditional Fijian BBQ and a romantic picnic on a 'deserted' sandbank. You won't regret choosing Nukubati.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C0rdy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We were offered a deal on a five night stay which included all the meals and all you can drink together with return transfer.
From the time we arrived you knew this was a special place. The food and choices of wine were excellent but even better was the staff, they all knew you name and nothing was too much trouble.Then to top it of you can have some amazing fishing n diving. I could go on and on with this review but to finish we both agreed the five days was too short and we were sad to leave. Plse make an effort to visit you won't be disappointed

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank kruuza
Tairua
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We recently spent 8 days fishing at Nukubati and it was excellent. The resort is the only resort on the north coast of Vanu Levu so they have sole access to about 400 sq kms of reef systems inside and outside The Great Sea Reef. Their fishing boat is a 26 ft centre consul and their fishing gear was either new or in great shape with is not always the story with other resorts.We were targeting giant trevally and landed some each day. Overall, the best was 4 in one morning, the biggest being 25kg with the average about 12kg. We also caught coral trout, blue fin travelly ,walu(spanish mackrel) and all manner of reef fish. The resorts' top guide is Allan and he has fished these waters his whole life. We fished mainly with poppers on the edges of the reef so Alans' intimate knowldge of reef systems and currents was invaluable. I had a great time with my saltfly gear on the reefs and in the lagoons around the many islands nearby. Most fishing is inside the main sea reef so it's flat water with little chop. One day we stopped at an island for lunch and cooked coral trout on the fire with fresh limes , chills and coconut gathered from around us . Eating with our hands, sitting under the trees on the beach was one of those experiences we'll never forget. This is a great fishing destination. We are going back next year.

Room Tip: The honeymoon bures have a huge outdoor seating area which is really nice in the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a truly wonderful trip. We spent 5 nights on beautiful Nukubati and had the most amazing time throughout. Jenny and all her staff are what really make your stay so fantastic. You feel like you are part of a home there and we never wanted to leave. The food is absolutely delicious and there really is so much to do if you want to keep busy or you can choose to just laze on the beach with a book (like I did many a time). Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on Nukubati for making our holiday so amazing and unforgettable.

1 Thank IngiK
Coffs Harbour
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We spent 7 nights on Nukubati and would go back in an instant. From the first welcome of singing, a cold drink and overview of the island, you know you've found paradise. The food is unbelievably fresh, with gardens on the island growing a bulk of the vegetables, each day offered a variety of dishes and never do you leave hungry. The staff are warm and helpful, always smiling and lots of laughter. There are plenty of activities to keep busy or do lots of nothing for the truly relaxing holiday. We spent a morning snorkelling the Great Sea Reef which is beautiful with a great range of fish and coral plus other sea life if you're lucky.
The sandbank picnic was isolated and perfect. Being left on a small strip of sand with food, drinks and time to spend snorkelling, reading or sunbaking. It was a highlight of the trip.
The rooms are spacious, beds are very comfy and no sight of a mosquito although could do with some updating.
We loved everything about Nukubati and can't wait to be back!

5 Thank Jennashley
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

From the moment we arrived we realised we were incredibly lucky to have found this place. We had 11 days in paradise and I was heartbroken to have to leave at the end. I felt like I was leaving family behind; the connection we made with Jenny and her amazing team was immediate and strong and shows how quickly and easily we relaxed and fitted in to life at Nukubati. Everyone knew our name and we tried very hard to remember all of theirs. Any requests we had they were more than happy to help with and their attention to detail is charming and heartfelt.
There are plenty of things to keep you busy but no need to do any of it if you prefer to lounge around and relax all day. We snorkelled but on the island and out at the reef and there was a huge variety of fish and coral to be seen. Every time we went out it was different and exciting. My birthday was a truly memorable day starting with a sandbar picnic out in the middle of the ocean, followed by a Fijian BBQ where everyone sang happy birthday and I got to try and blow the candles out on my cake and the day was topped off by a romantic dinner on the beach with my husband. I felt very special and spoilt.
The food was lovely and fresh and there was always something yummy to have even though I don’t eat seafood. You are never left hungry with breakfast, lunch and dinner being supplemented by champagne and canapés for sunset and then nibblies and drinks when mingling with all of the other guests before dinner. We met some great people and it was always fun to sit with Jenny and everyone at the end of the day and trade stories. Beware the grilled coconut – its addictive!!
We had some contact with the outside world through the WIFI at the Pavilion and it was enough for us to do what need to be done (make all our friends jealous every day with photos on FB). I was grateful that there were no TVs, phone reception or any other distractions. The ability to step away from the fast paced world we live in was wonderful.
Jenny has created a very special and different resort at Nukubati. It is incredibly personal and can be life changing if you let it. I have never heard as much laughter in my life as I heard on the island over 11 days, everyone there is having fun and loving life and the simplicity of this is refreshing and eye opening. We came home happier, more relaxed and more connected than we have been after any other holiday and I am determined to weave the Nukubati love of life into my own as much as possible.
A special thank you to Asena, Sera 1 & 2, Salote, Levi, John, Kalisi, Kathy, Tuliana and everyone else who made us feel at home.

Room Tip: We stayed in a double bure and there was no issue with noise from the adjoining room. The stand alo...
1 Thank Sandra G
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 night stay at this Resort.
From the moment we were picked up from Labasa Airport to the Farewell Song on the Beach when sadly we had to leave this was a wonderful experience for us both and we really needed an escape from our lives.
The last year had been extremely difficult with me being in a serious car accident and lucky to survive and 6 weeks later while I was still in Hospital my beloved husband of nearly 30 years

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Labasa
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Grand Eastern Hotel
Grand Eastern Hotel
#3 of 3 in Labasa

Been to Nukubati Private Island? Share your experiences!