“Perfect honeymoon in paradise”

Emaho Sekawa Resort
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Brussels, Belgium
“Perfect honeymoon in paradise”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We took some time of work to explore the other side of the world. Emaho Sekawa was the last resort we stayed at before going back home and I wanted the last stop of our vacation to be remembered as my perfect honeymoon. When I read the Emaho reviews on Trip Advisor I knew right away that I finally found the place for us for our “special week”.

Emaho Sekawa is everything I imagined it to be and much more. The photos on the website really don’t do the place justice as the place is much more spectacular. It is mainly the feeling of serenity that the photos cannot describe. When we got out of the car we knew instantly that we made the right choice. The only regret I have that we haven’t stayed longer as this was by far the best part of our trip.

I could write pages about this place, but it has pretty much all been covered in the previous reviews. You can do what you want any time. My husband did most of the activities that Emaho offers while I mostly stayed in and enjoyed my daily massages and cocktails. My husband’s favorite trip was the deep sea fishing. It was incredible feeling to have my husband out in the sea fishing and then bringing back the fresh catch (3 huge Yellow-fin tunas) and then have it superbly prepared for dinner by the Chief. The best sashimi I ever had and certainly the freshest. The dining at Emaho is certainly one of the highlights; the best meals we had during our entire trip and most likely some of the best we ever had. The dining at Emaho can easily be compared to some of the world’s top restaurants. My husband and I really love good food, and chose this place also because of the all-inclusive meal feature. We never expected that the all-inclusive meals feature would have such a level of “gourmet” in it. I even got some of the recipes from the Chief and promised my husband that I’ll be making “Emaho Nights” for the two of us.

The staff really is another highlight as mentioned in the other reviews. It is a huge part of the Emaho experience. We have never met people that are so incredibly friendly and polite. The service was first class and there really was a perfect balance in everything.

Emaho really cannot compare to other resorts. It’s unlike anything I have ever visited or read about. Emaho Sekawa is an incredible place that I think one should visit at least once in a lifetime. We plan on returning in the future and I have already reserved this place for my parent’s anniversary celebration.

Loved it here and would highly recommend it. It’s the kind of place that stays in your heart.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I needed some time away from the city and work. After much research on available resorts in Fiji, I was lucky enough to be able to book myself a few days with Petra and Lukas at their amazing resort. My trip was very much a trip to relax and chill out and diving. Everything was better and beyond my expectation!

As a solo traveller, I was the only guest there. It was fantastic!!! I had all the wonderful staff attention to myself!!! Never felt lonely as the staff would respect my privacy when I needed it and also accompany me when I wanted to have a chat and some company!! Petra made sure I was taken good care of at all times, organizing my body massage for after my day of diving... it was pure bliss!!

The view from the villa balcony was breathtaking. Ocean to the left, rainforest to the right. Doesn't matter what the weather is, the view is unbelievable. After the sunset, one just has to look up and the night sky is covered with stars! Something I don't get to see anymore in heavily light polluted cities where I come from

I enjoyed strolling up to the Bula Pavillion to have dinner - lovely Inise would welcome me with big smile and bring me wonderfully fresh and yummy food and tell me about Fijian culture and lifestyle...

Lukas was fantastic to have as a dive master! We didn't have the best weather but I was still able to experience some scuba diving with Lukas. Definitely will need to stay longer to visit more dive sites with Lukas next time!!!

I would definitely recommend Emaho for those who are looking for some relaxing time away, solo, with friends or family and loved ones.... I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: There is only one villa - no need to choose!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank K W
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My fiancée and I stayed at Emaho Sekawa for one week in May 2013 with our four month old baby girl. When researching accommodation options in Fiji we found that many of the luxury resorts are ‘adults only’ and the larger family resorts did not offer the private family experience that we were seeking. Emaho Sekawa was perfect!
The views are absolutely magnificent and we got the chance to really relax. Our hosts ensured that we were well looked after. From the moment we booked until we boarded our flight home, nothing was too much trouble. We ate three spectacular meals each day, had our laundry done for us, and were made to feel extremely special by the friendliest and most professional staff we have ever encountered. Our little girl was also treated as an important guest - they provided a baby seat for the airport transfers, a cot, a baby bath, and even lovely babysitters so that we could enjoy some time together as a couple…they thought of everything! We were sad to say goodbye to the wonderful staff and owners.
We highly recommend staying at Emaho Sekawa. It is a truly relaxing experience that you will never forget.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda R
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We are a young couple from Australia and we decided to elope to Fiji to have our wedding. We spent so many days trying to decide among all the beautiful resorts and places around Fiji.
Finally, we saw the website of Emaho Sekawa and was love at the first sight.
The preparation of the wedding since the first day that we booked the package was absolutely organised and responsible.
We arrived in Savusavu and we were amazed with all the landscape of the beautiful "hidden paradise" . We got all the marriage license done in just a few hours which we really appreciate it as we just stayed for 3 nights.
The day of the wedding was a FAIRYTALE absolutely everything was complete it organised and full of detail. The Staff created a beautiful scenario for the ceremony that we will never forget.The photographers were with us all over the wedding and the shooting was beautiful.
We decided to have our wedding at sunset and I think was the best decision as the pictures speak for themselves: Spectacular!
Emaho Sekawa organised the most romantic and unforgettable day of our lives without doubts.
All the rest, the accommodation, the food, the service everything was fantastic.
The villa emaho has an amazing view that your eyes just can not believe!
The trip to sand Island was complete it worth it.. Paradise!

We are very grateful and lucky to decided to stay and get married at Emaho Sekawa.. 5 stars!

All the best,

Elianna and William Beveridge

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elipzo
Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We arrived at Emaho Sekawa January 21, 2013 after waiting over a year. The wait was well worth it. Emaho is everything we thought it would be. This was an incredible thirteen days in paradise. The views you see in the website pictures pale in comparison to the reality of seeing them from YOUR private villa!! There is beauty to behold from every angle, from the rainforest at your feet to the vast open blue water of Savusavu Bay to the flowers that surround and decorate your villa. And the sunsets are worth the trip itself!!

The villa itself is private, open, breezy, and decorated with your comfort in mind. This was the most comfortable place we have ever stayed.

The food is incomparable—fresh, homemade yogurt, fresh island fruits, seafood, juices—it was all exquisitely prepared. The presentation always with fresh flowers almost made you not want to touch it. (We took a lot of pictures of food.) We looked forward to the surprise of every meal.

There is also plenty to do. We recommend that you make the trips to the waterfall and for the Meke Dance as you will meet the Fijians in their villages. We were the honored guests. We made many friends there, particularly in the village we went by on our daily walks on the beach.
Those are memories we will never forget. On our last morning, we were asked to come to the beach to say goodby to one of the older ladies in the village who handed us a tapa—Fijian homemade, decorated cloth!! We were both in tears and didn’t want to leave.

However, what makes Emaho Sekawa superbly special is their staff. They say Fijians are the friendliest people on earth. We found that to be very true in this staff. They were dedicated to making our stay absolutely perfect. And they did. They are sooooo polite, friendly, and attentive to your needs and wants. There are no words to describe their service. They are simply to us the best in the world--from the opening greeting song to the tearful hugs as we said farewell. We miss our Fijian friends.

Chris and Cynthia
Virginia, USA

Room Tip: The whole villa is yours alone!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The property was designed with every vista in mind and ecology at heart. You can see from the many photos of Emaho Sekawa that this place is second to none. It is clear that Petra and Lukas fell in love with this spot for it's views of the mountains and the water. As you enter your Villa, your eyes are drawn to a river running through the forest at the base of a mountain peak. It is a view that will continue to astound you every day. You are just minutes from the beach, yet you have everything you need to relax right there in your own villa. You could quite happily spend your time solely on the property, but Petra will quite happily arrange activities for you if you so choose. We hiked to a waterfall, kayaked on a river, snorkeled for hours and visited a local village. When she found out I was a teacher, Petra even offered to take me to see her son's school. At the school, as with every other villager or local we met, we continued to be amazed at how friendly everyone was. My husband and I began to shed our tough, urban outlook and traded them in for the friendly, open and welcoming way of life embraced by the Fijian people. Just about everyone we encountered greeted us with open arms. I thought the lush flora, serene beaches and crystal waters were the reasons to people travel to and stay in Fiji. However, by far, the Fijian people and their way of life is what makes this place so special.

We felt most at home at Emaho Sekawa. The staff made us feel like royalty from the start. We arrived to very nice welcome song from the staff. We shook everyone's hand and quickly learned their names--as they did ours. Being that you are the only guests on the property, you become like family with these people. They are able to cater your experience to your desires and that makes this place like no other in the world. Every day was filled with amazing adventures and beautiful sights.

And, the food was over the top incredible! Everything was delicious and I found myself wanting to eat everything on my plate, although there is so much food, this would be impossible to do. The fruit is fantastic, the fish is fresh and the desserts are delectable. There are fresh baked breads every day and a variety of desserts every night. My husband and I are definitely foodies and we eat out at restaurants every week. The food at Emaho Sekawa deserves a Michelin star. Our favorite dish by far was the kokoda. My husband had it just about every day and they were able to make a vegetarian version for me. This savory coconut broth with potatoes, chiles, tomatoes and onions is almost like a vegetarian ceviche. It's served with fresh made garlic bread and I'm drooling just remembering it.

When our week was up, we found it hard to say goodbye. This beautiful place is like Shangrila. We had such a wonderful experience we didn't want to leave. What was even more difficult was saying goodbye to everyone at Emaho Sekawa who made us feel so loved and taken care of during our stay. We hope to be back, but until then we will hold Emaho Sekawa in our hearts.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ms_ponbarry
Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2013

After reading the multitude of outstanding reviews about Emaho Sekawa, my fiancé and I booked a 7 night package which included our Wedding and Honeymoon.

Words cannot convey our experience! Yes, the resort, food, staff, facilities, outstanding location and peacefulness of this piece of paradise is true, as all the other reviewers have confirmed, but our Wedding was unique and truly magical.

Prior to our wedding we had attended a church service within the village. The congregation greeted us with open arms and made us feel very welcome. We were invited to address the congregation and doing so thanked everyone and invited them to our special day. To our surprise and delight, the congregation walked a dirt road to the resort in all their finery to attend our special day.

The Wedding Day! We enjoyed a gorgeous champagne breakfast, a swim in our private pool and a relaxing massage.

The staff spent many hours preparing the wedding site without any interruption to us. A float to carry me to my groom was constructed, an enormous arch was built, complete with tropical flowers, an aisle was created out of more beautiful flowers. My bouquet and tiara along with my fiancé lei was handmade by one of the staff members, thanks Mary. Our wedding cake was beautifully crafted and included a gluten free top for myself. Our seven course wedding dinner was carefully considered and executed by the resort's chef. The minister ensured our desires and wishes regarding the vows etc...were understood.

My intended stood at the top of the resort awaiting my arrival. I was ushered to the amazing float by an impressive Fijian Warrior and placed on top. I was then carried up a hill, across the property by a group of Warriors to my future husband. I encountered a wonderful choir singing, a multitude of people including the church congregation, Fijian Warriors and staff.

With the ceremony completed, the Warriors began with a traditional Cava Ceremony followed by Warrior dancing and music. It was incredible!

The owners Petra and Lucas ensured that our surprise guests were provided with drinks and nibbles. Nothing was too much!

After our guests left we enjoyed a fabulous seven course dinner! We were also entertained by our own private group of musicians and cava ceremony which carried on into the late night. What an outstanding day!

This unique property along with the care provided during our entire stay has left a long standing impression on us. We encourage anyone seeking a truly memorable Wedding, Honeymoon or Holiday to consider this resort.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JackieAusman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Namale Resort & Spa
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
#10 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Emaho Sekawa Resort? Share your experiences!