Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Fiji
US$1,016
Korovesi Sunshine Villas(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$82
Orbitz.com
Daku Resort(Savusavu)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsbula clubmarine biologistkids clubprivate islandjean michel cousteau resortfamily holidayglass bottom boatserenity poolfamily poolorganic gardenlunch and dinnerolder kidscrabocean front bureadult poolsorbetno air conditioning
Reviewed 10 October 2008

This is our second time to this magical place. Although it takes a bit of time to get to cousteau it certaintly is worth it. My husband dives and found the diving centre amazing - (he never had to carry a thing which he was very impressed about.) The boys at the dive centre are very professional and nothing is ever a bother to them.
The second time we went we took our 11year old daughter which she just loved. (lucky there was other children her age) We were so impressed by the amount of staff there is in the kids club its fantastic and the girls and guys are so wonderful with the children. My daughter had a ball.
This gave my husband and i alot of time to relax and enjoy the peacefullness of the resort.

The food is fantastic and expect to come home a few kilos heaiver! I would recommend dinner at the end of the pier it is so romantic.
The only negitive i would say is the problems we had both times booking through the Melbourne travel office. What should have been a pleasant experience became a very stressful and unplesant experience.

The best thing about this resort is the fijian people they are so beautiful and friendly. They always had a warm smile on their faces and nothing was ever a bother to them. I would like to thank them all for making this resort so special

1  Thank NoosaMorgs
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We spent seven incredible nights at Jean Michel with our two children 4 and 8. I booked the resort without a recommendation which I would not ordinarily do. I am so glad that I did.
The 4 y.o had a nanny for the time we were there. This was a worry for us as we wanted to spend as much time as we could with the children. After a day it became apparent that they were th eones calling the shots and were having a ball at kids club.
Our nanny Mala Mala was excpetional. By day two Mala Mala knew her likes and dislikes and the two were inseperable. The 8 y.o buddy up with a few other boys and they were off on a boys own adventure under the careful eye of the kids club staff.
The only small drawback was the family pool. It was small and swimming with the kids could have been a better proposition if the pool was larger.
The food was fantastic and varied. We ate and ate and ate. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were a much anticipated event. The children's meals were also a great (not a chicken nugget in sight).
The bar staff got to know us and were happy to suggest a cocktail or chat about the days activities.
The activities were varied and plentiful. I loved the snorkelling and lazing by the pool. You could do as much or as little as what you wanted.
The rooms were fine and I loved the bathroom. Housekeeping were great and I marvelled at the fresh towels twice daily.
The staff were incredibly friendly and happy to help.
The only drawback was the Savu Savu airport being closed resultig in a 2 hour bus ride from another airport. Not the resorts' problem and they did do everything they could to ease the journey.
It will be hard to go anywhere else in Fiji after this resort. Time to save for our return trip!

Reviewed 3 September 2008

We ended our 6 week round the world trip at Jean-Michel Cousteau which was the ideal way to relax after a hectic few weeks of sight seeing in Australia. The food was fantastic. The children loved the range of activities on offer - which included the pool with the slide, snorkelling, sailing and fishing and the youngest had a fantastic nanny. We loved the chance to relax.

The service is fantastic which is reflected by the number of repeat bookings they have.

We would definately return if it was not so far away from the UK

1  Thank KSEngland
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We stayed for three nights at Cousteau resort at the end of our vacation in Fiji. What a wonderful way to end a vacation. The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing. My girlfriend had stayed ther seven years prior and two of the staff remembered her from her previous stay in amazing detail. The location for the resort is amazing and even the garden rooms are absolutely stunning. The resort is very family friendly but due to the split area for the children to play you hardly know kids are aroud at times.

The food is great with an excellent selection, and all meals are included in the price.

When you stay at Cousteau you are treated as family. I cannot say enough about this resort and I will be back again to stay in the future.......Hands down the best place I have ever stayed

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 3 May 2008

My husband and I were married in Fiji, at Namale. We've returned a few times over the years to Namale and Fiji holds a very special place in our hearts. As our children got older and we thought able to handle the 11 hour flight from LA, it was only natural to want to share the magic of that country with them. As Namale is an adults only resort, we asked our fabulous TA where to go? He knew our tastes and suggested JM Cousteau. Upon arrival, we knew it was going to be special. We stayed 7 nights in an oceanfront bure and the last 3 nights in a garden bure (I suggest you book Christmas right away for availability, that is why we had to move). Personally, I enjoyed the oceanfront more, but the garden view is actually a bit bigger in size (lacking the built in closets) and my family liked that more. The food is amazing, the service even better. The true gem is really the Fijian people. Our youngest was assigned her own nanny that was there everyday (we asked that she get Christmas off as we didn't want to leave our children on Christmas, her only day away from the resort while we were there). Having her around was great! We were able to find out more about the area and the people. As for the adult/children separation - you can eat and be with your children as much or as little as you want. The children's area is very nice and the children's pool is large, with a water slide and kept clean and picked up. They deliver snacks throughout the day to the chidren's pool, clean towels, day beds for the parents to lounge and read, etc. I'm thankful that it isn't anything like a Ritz Carlton - therefore disagree with another review. JM Cousteau is true luxury and relaxation. The bures are appointed nicely and the layout of the resort is intimate and well maintained. In a nutshell? It is a truly luxury resort, with children. To us, the best of both worlds. One could easily come without children and never notice them and a family, like ours, can bring their children and they can enjoy a luxury vacation (parents don't have to sacrifice anything!) with their parents. Any negatives? It is a far trip for Americans - otherwise we would be there each and every year. Still might book for this year, too! It's hard to stay away from Fiji as it truly is magical and pristine. We travel around 3 times a year and have never found a place that compares to Fiji....and JM Cousteau. Do not hesitate to book this resort!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family