“Honeymoon in our private bure!”

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Reviewed 9 October 2012

After a stressful but joyful wedding we were very excited to get to Koro Sun. They made our experience a time to remember. Ramanu and Dobs (activity gurus), Fizel (bartender), Niomi (server) and Eva (receptionist) were the most amazing hosts ever. It was so nice to become friends with all of these people and to feel welcomed. We stayed in bure 16 which we highly recommend! It was super private and romantic and lets not forget about the private pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean. no big deal :) The excursions we went on were adventurous and educational. Plus our daily exploration with kayaks turned out to be a plus. When we were searching for the lagoon in a nearby island, we saw three pods of dolphins. It was incredible to see them up close in our kayaks (I was a little scared but amazed). I would recommend this place to anyone. We will definitely be back for one of our anniversaries. Thank You for an amazing honeymoon!

Room Tip: Bure 16! Super private and romantic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Josaia R, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Happy New Year From the Koro Sun Resort Family.

Thank you for your review back in October 2012.

My name is Josaia Rayawa ("JR"). My wife, Margie and I are the new Co-General Managers at Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa. We find this a great opportunity for us to introduce ourselves. Margie and I joined Koro Sun Resort in 2014.

We hope to be able to encourage you to come visit Koro Sun again. We are in the throes of including 8 new floating bures/villas on the lagoon, the first of its kind in Fiji.

Do let us know if you want us to keep you in the loop on the progress. My email is jr@korosunresort.com

Reviewed 18 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights and we had a wonderful time. As other reviewers have mentioned the people are really wonderful. Every time we walked into the clubhouse/dining room they always greeted us by name and were incredibly welcoming. We always made sure to make it to happy hour every day they make some great drinks!! They offer a variety of activities each day, I would definitely recommend taking part in them. The waterfall trip was amazing!! And the private beach picnic is really beautiful.The food was pretty good, and always fresh. There is always several options to choose for each meal. Our favorite night was probably when they had the Lovo (food is cooked underground) and had a huge buffet of really good food. Try the kokoda, it's wonderful! It was really a relaxing honeymoon and unlike any place I have ever visited. As many other reviewers have said, if you are looking for clubs and partying 'til all hours of the night, this is not the place for you. Our room was also fantastic, we were upgrade to an Edgewater villa, and couldn't have been happier. We spent a lot of time relaxing in our private pool or looking out over the ocean. I highly recommend upgrading if you can afford the splurge. We were initially in the Raintree 2 bedroom bure, and they were fine, however, could use a bit of updating and after seeing the Edgewater villa there is no comparison. Even with a few days of rain we had a very nice time and would recommend to anyone looking to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Do the Edgewater villa if you can afford it.
2  Thank nbtraveling

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My girlfriend and I, Lisa visited Koro Sun las month and had an amazing experience. I have been lucky enough to travel the world and few places will always hold a special place in my heart and mind...Koro Sun and the people of Savusavu certainly will. Now, I will admit that I was a bit surprised at first when I learned that there were no TVs (life withoit Sport Centern would have tomwait) and that Internet and cell service is limited, but that soon mattered little as I began to experience the Fiji pace of life! From our early morning walks, scuba diving, and getting to know the wonderful staff and local population I soon understood that this would be a different vacation. I found the entire staff to be the true reason I write this recommendation and they certainly are the reason I will be back. The rooms are nice, but to elegant. The food is solid but not amazing. The grounds are spectacular and that coupled with the genuine smiles and plentiful Bulal's made us feel more than welcome! Do yourself a favor and visit Mili and team at Koro Sun, you will not regret it!

-Tony

Room Tip: Ask for a close burre.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We arrived at Korosun after having spent a week on Viti Levu and Malolo Lailai and first impressions were fantastic. The flight over to Vanua Levu was in a six man plane (1hour flight) which added to the romance and adventure. The island is stunning, covered in lush rainforest and feels a lot more rugged and untouched than the manicured resorts we had come from. We were greeted at the airport (a charming little shed next to the runway) by resort manager Michael with a cold towel and fresh coconut before the 15min transfer to the resort. The resort is split into two parts, with the main lounge, dining and bar at the centre, surrounded by rainforest and ocean view bures, and a handful of bures are situated on the other side of the hibiscus highway on the sea front. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Lighthouse Villa that sits out on its own, perfect for the honeymoon couple, with it's own pool and surrounded by sea during high tide. The shore around the bures is rocky but there is a stunning private beach just a one minute bike ride or five minute walk away (it's a cleaned beach but still has a beautiful natural and isolated feel, so don't expect sun loungers and crowds, this is paradise on a personal and private level).

Michael and the team are fantastic and clearly work tirelessly to ensure you have a great vacation. Some reviews have mentioned the need for renovation and there are elements that look tired but the main lounge, dining and bar club house is just a superb place to be, with by far the best cocktails we had in Fiji (and I mean by a long long way) and some really great food. Michael hosts the resort with real panache and there are plenty of activities to mix with the wonderful, blissful relaxation and after having a chat with Michael it's clear the resort is entering an exciting phase of new management and renovation.

If you want crowded beaches with sun loungers and manicured man made paradise then this isn't the resort for you, but if you want great food, great company, amazing cocktails and a true feeling of tropical tranquility then it's definitely the place to go.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew H

Reviewed 12 September 2012

If you are after a true Island experience this is it. From great 5 star Fijian food and Culture. You can lost in this resort with plenty of private places, sometimes barely seeing other guests. You will not believe the local staff, they are amazing making you feel like part of their family. Truly a most humbling experience. The bures are all set in tropical gardens with a very relaxing feel & all the comforts you need. Plenty of activities to enjoy & learn about the local culture. Overall the perfect holiday if you want to just relax and unwind......

1  Thank John and Rose S

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at the Koro Sun for 7 nights and enjoyed a relaxing, peaceful honeymoon. From greeting us with a fresh coconut, cool cloth, then a welcome foot massage, all we had to do was relax. The staff were the standouts here, very friendly, professional and willing to help you with anything you needed. The views were fantastic, food was amazing. We had tasty, fresh meals every day, we had a choice to pick from for each meal and it was always cooked beautifully. There were a number of activities to choose from everyday, be sure to take part in a game of volleyball with the staff, go snorkeling, attend the coconut demonstration. We also took time out for a very relaxing spa treatment where we were literally wrapped in banana leaves. It was the perfect place to relax and would recommend it to those looking to get away and unwind.

Room Tip: The garden bures have amazing views, the stream side villas are really spacious and ideal for famili...

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just for back our 7-day Honeymoon at the Koro Sun and I already miss the place!
I was in love with the place from the first time I walked in. It has the most beatiful greenery all around the property. It was exactly how I expected it to be, a beatiful place to simply lay back and relax; enjoy some good drinks, enjoy great food, enjoy great views , and if you want to fun activities for you to choose from.
This isn't the place if you are looking for loud club music,dancing and drunk people staying up late and and partying until the wee hours of the morning... NOPE this is a chill place.
The food is amazing and there was nothing that we didn't like , Hats Off to the chef loved my morning vegetable omelet with the biscuits....yummmy.
The activities provided are great and I can't say enough about the guides ALL of them extremely friendly and love to show you the "real authentic Fiji" like they say.
The guided snorkeling with John was so much fun (unfortunately I got really bad scratches on my legs from the Coral Reefs..who knew those things were as sharp as broken glass??)
The Waterfall excursion with Romanu was amazing and our favorite :)
The village trip is a unique experience and it really humbles you. The people don't have much there yet they are as happy as can be.
The cave at Bat Island is absolutely beautiful!!
We would definitely recommend Koro Sun- it is a perfect place for a quiet, relaxed Honeymoon.
The people are all extremely friendly and helpful.We give the Koro Sun 5 star rate.

Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Namale Resort & Spa
The Remote Resort - Fiji Islands
Emaho Sekawa Resort
Emaho Sekawa Resort
#7 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa? Share your experiences!