My husband and I reserved a villa at another resort but unfortunately we were met with conditions that were not just run down but in honest they should be renting any of the villas that you can actually still get to. In an effort to still have a once in a lifetime vacation to Fiji, we walked in to the Koro Sun just hoping they had an accommodation we could afford available. We were met with friendly office staff as well as any other staff we walked by that greeted us with Bula, a smile, and willing to help us. We packed our stuff, and moved to the Koro Sun that day. Our room was clean and bug free. The air was wonderful but we didn't even need to have it on very often. The semi-outdoor rock shower was wonderful. The staff came twice a day to clean and prep our room. The food was wonderful. The drinks were well priced. The "included" activities were fun and the staff that lead them were all friendly and fun to be around. We found meeting other guests, while not prompted, was easy and we made some good friends. The banana leaf wrap at their spa was outstanding. My husband and I went fishing one day, not through the resort, and we brought the them back our catch to use if they needed. They prepared a special dish for us with our fish, which we shared with others in the dining area. They used the rest for other dishes. The owner, manager, and staff were always at hand and ready to help with any concerns while we were there. I wonderful vacation and excellent staff and location. The only "suggestions" we had were to work on the par 3 golf course they have (I think they don't even advertise it because it's not up to par) - however, my husband and I are not pro golfers and had a wonderful time on the course as is. They staff helped us find our balls and over all we had a really fun time on the course - not for a pro - but big fun for anyone who wants to practice and enjoy a unique and beautifully located course. Other memorable experiences; the local village coming to sing and dance before dinner, a traditional dinner we saw them cooking all day with banana leafs, snorkeling off the reef right of the hotel beach, sunset open fire cocktail party on the beach. I could go on. We will go back to Koro Sun if we ever make our way back to Savusavu. Also, we didn't have our kids with us (we have 3) but they children's program there was wonderful and the activities staff was great. My husband and I watched kids of various ages from multiple countries interact and become friends. Very wonderful to see. The staff also taught the children some basic history. We saw all the kids very comfortable and wanting to stay at the kids club as long as they could. They really seemed to balance fun for adults only, families, and kids (even Teens!). I would stay again in a heart beat. I'd stay again for a romantic week (which we did), bring my kids, or even my parents. I hope you enjoy as much as we did. Vinaka Koro Sun. You really turned a bad situation into a wonderful vacation we will remember always.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu