Having done the luxury Denaru trip previously, my experience at Korosun took my breath away. This has all the fabulous over-water bures, infinity pools and spectacular food that Fiji has now mastered, but it's fused with a unique old world Fiji adventure.
How honoured were we to meet villagers and share their daily plunge into a pristine waterfall lake? How fascinating it was to witness the underwater pearl farm, the extraordinary reefs and tiny islands nearby, and share cocktails with the resort owners, on the balcony of their treetop villa, looking over a heavenly coastal view.
What a dedicated local crew they have, farming their own produce, guiding us around the sights and wrapping us up in a banana leaf, inside the rainforest spa.
I went to review the place for my radio show, and they paid for part of my stay,but this is no freebie review.
Yes there are other places in Fiji to go next time, but Korosun deserves at least 4 visits in a lifetime... Go. You'll see what I mean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and LateRooms so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu