“THE RESORT IN OLD WORLD FIJI”

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Sydney, Australia
“THE RESORT IN OLD WORLD FIJI”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Having done the luxury Denaru trip previously, my experience at Korosun took my breath away. This has all the fabulous over-water bures, infinity pools and spectacular food that Fiji has now mastered, but it's fused with a unique old world Fiji adventure.
How honoured were we to meet villagers and share their daily plunge into a pristine waterfall lake? How fascinating it was to witness the underwater pearl farm, the extraordinary reefs and tiny islands nearby, and share cocktails with the resort owners, on the balcony of their treetop villa, looking over a heavenly coastal view.
What a dedicated local crew they have, farming their own produce, guiding us around the sights and wrapping us up in a banana leaf, inside the rainforest spa.
I went to review the place for my radio show, and they paid for part of my stay,but this is no freebie review.
Yes there are other places in Fiji to go next time, but Korosun deserves at least 4 visits in a lifetime... Go. You'll see what I mean.

Room Tip: The Bures are a winner. The kayaking a must, and once you get to the waterfall lake, you'll be d...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 37ChrisS
Josaia R, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Bula Vinaka From Koro Sun..

Our sincere apologies for the delayed response. Better late than never to just simply say Vinaka Vakalevu and Thank you for your kind comments about Koro Sun Resort.

More recently, we have taken on board the idea of sharing directly with our staff, the feedback we get from tripadvisor. It's a great exercise as we are able to share both the good and bad. All part of our efforts to keep things in perspective in as far as the team is concerned.

We look forward to receiving you back. Feel free to contact Margie and I on jr@korosunresort.com or manager@korosunresort.com if you are in need of any information on the resort and anything we may be putting out soon.

Co-General Managers, KSR.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Caldwell, Idaho
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with all the wonderful people at the Koro Sun Resort. The people of Fiji are known to be some of the happiest people on Earth. You are treated with pure joy and overwhelming generosity. There stunning views from the tropical rain-forest mountain top villa and unforgettable colors of coral and sea life at Turtle Alley. Snorkeling is an absolute must at Koro Sun Resort! If you are looking to have a true Fiji experience I recommend taking a trip to church, go to the villages, take the waterfall trip, kayak to Bat Island, go Salt Lake kayaking, take a hike rain-forest trekking, and shop at the Savusavu market. The activities that Koro Sun offers overflow with fun and will not disappoint. It is worth every dollar to make the trip to Koro Sun!!! We are going going, back back, to SavuSavu! BULA FIJI!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!! Sunrise at the water-edge villas, parrots at the rain-forest bures!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ni sa bula vinaka!

We wouldn’t have met when you stayed at Koro Sun Resort, but I understand you got to meet Margie (my wife and Co-GM) during your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Koro Sun Resort. More recently we have taken on board the idea of sharing directly with our staff, the feedback we get from tripadvisor. It's a great exercise as we are able to share both the good and bad. All part of our efforts to keep things in perspective in as far as the team is concerned.

The Sunday Service experience, I understand was one of the highlights for you both. We have now introduced as part of our Sunday evening program, a choir presentation of some of the renowned hymns and it has created a wonderful feedback from our guests in general.

We look forward to having you guys back. Feel free to touch base with us directly on jr@korosunresort.com.

Have a great week.

Co- General Managers
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We had an amazing time at Koro Sun Resort. This was our 4th trip to Fiji and it was the first time we have experienced the traditional Fijian lifestyles in Savusavu and at Koro Sun which you don’t experience if you stayed at Coral Coast or Denarau. Definitely worth the additional cost in flights from Nadi to Savusavu. The service was exceptional, they were friendly, genuine and personalised to your needs. Considering we stayed for 7 nights and were still unable to complete all the activities that the resort has to offer. A trip to Bat Island is a must.....the grotto was beautiful. As a family of 4 (my daughters are 5 years and 3 months), the nanny/buddy service gave us the ability to spend time as a family or as a couple. Prior to our stay at Koro Sun, we read reviews on this site about the quality of food. We found the food to be of great standard, particularly when you consider they use local ingredients, much of which are seasonally grown at the resort. Most of the dishes were healthy and of high quality, with a Fijian feel. We stayed in the Streamside Villa, the room was very spacious and clean. We were lucky enough to get a sneak peek of the new Edgewater Bures and they are absolutely beautiful. We highly recommended this room for any honeymoon couples. Lastly, a big thank you to all staff especially Jack, Patsy and Margie for a memorable stay. You will definitely see our faces again soon.

Room Tip: Edgewater Bure for Honeymooners and Edgewater Villa for Family
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EastmanPD
Bula Vinaka To the Eastmans!!

We wouldn’t have met when you stayed at Koro Sun Resort with your family, but I know you got to meet Margie (my wife and Co-GM) during your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Koro Sun Resort. We make it a habit of sharing directly with our staff, the feedback we get from tripadvisor. It's a great exercise as we are able to share both the good and bad. All part of our efforts to keep things in perspective in as far as the team is concerned. Did you see the image of your daughter with Manu on our Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa FB site? A great shot indeed! I hope it was fine with you.

We look forward to receiving you and your family back to Koro Sun Resort in the not-too-distant future. You can always contact Margie and I on manager@korosunresort.com or jr@korosunresort.com

San Jose, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

What a wonderful time we had at Koro Sun! The resort offers a wide array of activities. We enjoyed a trip to the Bat Island, a visit to a Fiji local village and waterfall, salt water kayaking, watching crab race and coconut demonstration. The staff members were super nice, fun and friendly with kids. They took my son fishing while we had a couple's banana leaf wrap massage in the rainforest!!! We stayed in a fancy Edge Water unit with glass window on the floor, through which we could see fish and eels swimming by. Food at the resort was also incredibly refreshing and delicious. So many fond memories... It is a place I will definitely visit again with my family :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison L
Bula Vinaka Alison,

Allow us to introduce ourselves. My name is Josaia Rayawa or "JR" as my friends refer to me. My wife, Margie and I co-manage the Koro Sun Resort.

We wouldn't have met as Margie and I recently joined the Koro Sun Resort team. She was there around the time you and your family would have been there and I joined her in April.

Thank you for your kind comments about Koro Sun Resort. We take every opportunity now to share directly with our staff, the feedback we get from tripadvisor. It's a great exercise as we are able to share both the good and bad. All part of our efforts to keep things in perspective in as far as the team is concerned.

We look forward to receiving you back. Feel free to contact Margie and I on jr@korosunresort.com or manager@korosunresort.com.

Co-General Managers, KSR
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have not long returned from a week long stay at Koro Sun. What an amazing time we had! Our main objective was to have a holiday to recharge the batteries and get ready for another busy year ahead at both work and school (12 year old daughter entering high school). We definitely achieved this and left (with some sadness) feeling totally relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle life's challenges that lie ahead. The two plane flights from Bne Aus to get there were absolutely worth it...the resort's location is idyllic and thankfully very far removed from Suva, Nadi or Denaru, The resort provided a great sense of what Fiji life is really all about.,..wonderful surrounds, plenty of options to do lots or do nothing, good food and great service by amazing staff who are surely Koro Sun's greatest assets. From the warm welcome to seeing regular team members at meals, for activities etc, we did feel like part of the Koro Sun family a couple of days into our stay. If you are looking for 5 star precision service and top class facilities, best try somewhere else. If you're looking for a great Fiji holiday experience in beautiful surrounds with great staff, then you can't look past Koro Sun. A good tip is slip into 'Fiji time' as soon as possible after arriving...it makes the stay more enjoyable. As well traveled, down to earth people we highly recommend Koro Sun for a vacation. We stayed from 30 Dec to 6 Jan in Edgewater Villa and desperate to make our visit an annual event. Thanks you to our Koro Sun family.

Room Tip: Get into 'Fiji time' as soon as you can. Edgewater Villa good for family and was a little re...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGeoffParker
Bula Vinaka Geoff & Kathy,

We wouldn't have met as Margie and I had joined the Koro Sun team recently. She joined in January and I joined up in April. Thank you for sharing your comments. Along with feedback we get from Guest comments forms, we are also sharing feedback from tripadvisor with the staff in general. Its is a great medium of quality control measures.

Some of the old staff remember you guys well and they send their warmest greetings to you both and to your daughter, Ella. Trust she is enjoying high school.

We hope to hear from you. If you have any plans to another visit, feel free to email me directly, at jr@korosunresort.com

Co-General Managers.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Each year I try and find a holiday location that will satisfy my need for R&R with healthy food options and plenty of physical activity. Not only is Koro Sun a spectacular place to stay, but it serves the most amazing food - food largely grow at the resort itself and offers daily activities that allow you to fully embrace Fijian culture and hospitality. Koro Sun is the perfect holiday place for anyone who wants to enjoy the sun but look after their body at the same time - in a truly beautiful environment.
Susie Burrell - Dietitian/Nutritionist

Room Tip: Stay in one the new bures for your very own ocean swimming pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susie B
Vinaka Susie, We wouldn't have met as I had joined in April, but my wife, Margie would have started around January.

Thank you for your kind comments on the resort. I am particularly interested in hearing from you on some of your ideas on Dietary and Nutritional values. My email is jr@korosunresort.com

I look forward to hearing from you.
JR (Co-GM, KSR).
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Koro Sun is beautiful because of the rainforest. What upset me the most was the food. The food was not up to my standards at all. I didn't like that our shower was cold and burning hot (the temp. would not stay the same). The knobs in the shower were broken. There's a lot of wildlife in koro sun and it would be helpful to have more lights around the hotel so you can see you way around clearer at night. The activities are nice. The best one is scuba diving. Other then that it was a regular hotel with a small pool and separate pool for toddlers. The local beach that they took us too was literally polluted. Filled with trash and Mosquitos and there is no sand only rocks. The beach stunk it was really nasty and ugly.

• Stayed December 2013
navale0, Director of Sales at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Vinaka and (Thank You) for your review of Koro Sun Resort. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the rainforest setting, activities, and scuba diving experienced during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear of your issues with hot water maintaing a consistent temperature. We had our maintenance team into both the Ocean View Bure and Edgewater Villa your family stayed in to ensure that the issue is fixed for future guests. As an acknowledgment of this issue we did clear the incidentals from the bill at the time of checkout for the inconvenience. Regarding the comments about the beach, we were unable to take this family to our preferred beach picnic location during the week they stayed, due to a family reunion taking place on the private estate we consistently use. The alternative beach location selected by our activities team had not been visited in some time. Unfortunately you experienced a beach off site that had not been cleaned up. The resort and it's management are sorry for that experience you had, and should have looked into the current state of this beach prior to taking you there. For future guests, please note that our new Edgewater Beach Club and Wai Bar opens in February, and will be home to our own sandy beach area situated in front of the infinity edge swimming pool. With regard to your comments on the food not being up to your standards, we are sorry to hear this. There was no specific reference to what you felt was not up to standard, but many of our guests on Trip Advisor have expressed their favorable dining experiences with us. Thanks for you review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Daku Resort
#6 of 12 in Savusavu
Naveria Heights Lodge
Naveria Heights Lodge
#8 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa? Share your experiences!